whats the best plastering tip/advice youve been giving

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

If you had accepted the holy float I passed on you could have used it in your Sunday worship " keeper of the holy float" the flock would gift you work like the 3 wise men
It was an Emir float - Emir is a Muslim ruler...good Christians would nail me up

IMG_3943.PNG

What would be the best method to use when plastering over light artex ceilings.

Thanks mate.There will then be no need for PVA?I have never used unibond & are always sceptical when PVA is not to be used.Does it hang out long enough?

Was thinking today about a few tips pete has given me since I started out and also @zombies bonding in skim tip (which ive now used and was impressed) and was wondering if anyone else had any real good tips they were given that makes life a lot easier....i know its going to sound stupid but the course taught us to lay a ceiling on in waves starting from one wall and then moving back towards the opposite wall...pete showed me to just lay on all the way around the edge and then just fill around the light...only simple but I would have carried on doing it the way I was originally shown and that way is so much faster.

Hi this is the first time I have posted on hear and can't work out how to start a conversation so just thought if I replied to on somebodysale post somebody might be able to point me in the right direction.

HI

One of my customers has just had an extension built on there property that dates back to the 1700s.
The extention has been dot and dabbed out bit they are requesting a rustic finish and don't want me to use board finish.
I have thought about using hardwall with a couple of scoops of multifinish in the mix and then a spunge finish.

Any thoughts ??

Im sure vincey will sort it and post a few pics of himself next to it.
His plastering is cheap......but expensive on the modeling side.

HI

One of my customers has just had an extension built on there property that dates back to the 1700s.
The extention has been dot and dabbed out bit they are requesting a rustic finish and don't want me to use board finish.
I have thought about using hardwall with a couple of scoops of multifinish in the mix and then a spunge finish.

Any thoughts ??

As algeeman said I have done rustic finished best way is trowel on and leave in all different directions or same but then dapple trowel into and across the plaster, any pictures of the 1700 rooms ?

Not just any old coffee afternoon......its a knauf coffee afternoon....."drinking with integrity" :coffe:
Sounds boring, Bg in Birmingham next Thursday mate if you want to join group of proper spreads for proper drinks...

Latte and procseco

Sounds boring, Bg in Birmingham next Thursday mate if you want to join group of proper spreads for proper drinks...

Latte and procseco
Cannae make it..flying out in the afternoon....with the good lord himself... (y)Post some mad selfies,,( if you can be bothered :rolleyes:) keep us in the loop..it will be a sobering few days..there's a few assessments involved to move on to the next level..for most of the brothers.few days intensive stuff..then the awards do on sunday night...you enjoy doing the proper spread stuff.. Getting pissed and talking all things bg.....
The brotherhood chooses another way,,be certain, choose knauf:)

As algeeman said I have done rustic finished best way is trowel on and leave in all different directions or same but then dapple trowel into and across the plaster, any pictures of the 1700 rooms ?

The other rooms look to have been skimmed fairly recently.
The walls are fairly smooth but have some formof texture unlike multifinish.
I can only think that it has been skimmed in hardwall and sponged up.
That is how it would appear.

Do you know how I can start a conversation on the forum as I am struggling. Not been on hear before

IMG_4009.MOV
After devilling up a wall or ceiling - lay the snots down with your trowel right away...saves scraping & dust later on.
Sorry for the crap recording, my film director was unavailable today.

Do you know how I can start a conversation on the forum as I am struggling. Not been on hear before
Check your emails you would have got a welcome message from me in it there is a link to video giving you a tour of the forum

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Check your emails you would have got a welcome message from me in it there is a link to video giving you a tour of the forum

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Thanks Dan. Can you do a short video on an iPhone then just post it directly on the forum?

If you're not sure then get a 6x3 board on its own bang a mix on it and flog it up with bull nose gauging trowel and sponge till you get the rustic look you n client like then blitz job ?

You've been here in 2015!! As has been said by @Smudger1, I'd agree with customer on the finish first. There are lots of ways to go 'rustic', scrubbing, sponging etc and it sounds easy but I'm not keen on it as its more difficult than being nice, flat and simple. Just doesn't sit right in me 'ead! I'd experiment and agree first.

I worked on a new extension to an old cottage towards the end of last year and was asked by the builder on site to used a thin coat of bonding over all the boards. The trick was not to trowel it too much and leave it fairly even but rough. Customer loved it so happy days

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Was thinking today about a few tips pete has given me since I started out and also @zombies bonding in skim tip (which ive now used and was impressed) and was wondering if anyone else had any real good tips they were given that makes life a lot easier....i know its going to sound stupid but the course taught us to lay a ceiling on in waves starting from one wall and then moving back towards the opposite wall...pete showed me to just lay on all the way around the edge and then just fill around the light...only simple but I would have carried on doing it the way I was originally shown and that way is so much faster.