What van

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have merc sprinter and merc vito amazing vans great to drive loads of pull. never had any probs with either

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Had a Citroen relay 56 from new, general builder, bricklayer by trade . Van is high topped with rear ladder roofrack on top,ideal if you need a ladder, battens, lathes for job, you can stand up without crouching with I think makes a hella difference,side loading door set about two foot behind bulkhead so I,be fitted racks fully across vanity lockable ply door, keep drills,etc in.
there is still enough room for 8x4 sheets to fit over top of wheel boxing, other side has full length rack a foot wide for hand tools, levels, ideal for beads.
theres a bulk head over driver, passengers seats ideal for coat,boots, hat etc, also handy for work lights as not used as much and less chance for damage.
had two sets brake pads on front, one rear spring, think that was down to pallet of bricks and dad driving over speed bumps lol.
nice to drive, comfortable newer model was out just when we bought this new 2.2d 170 bhp.
only dislike is no flat surface for coffee cup lol,had van broken into and they used passenger door lock to unlock all doors with self locking worth disengaging this

what about crew cab vans guys in thinking of jacking in the ranger and goin back to a van for a bit but ill need a crew cab with a full solid bulkhead to keep the 2 areas appart, anyone got one or recomend one cant make my mind up, i like th elook of the tranny and the crew cab looks almost car like interior wise which is ideal but i dnt want all the rust that comes with the badge, is there an age where they dont rust appart from new out the box haha

I bought a 2001 citroen belingo 1.9 engine today ......last owner did 4 thousand miles in 6 years its done a total of 45 k ....... service history with it.........its mint £1950 fully serviced 4 new tyres almost 1 years m.o.t ........I'm chuffed ;)

get a land rover defender110 hardtop or twincab pickup then pimp it up as to how you want ;-)

get a land rover defender110 hardtop or twincab pickup then pimp it up as to how you want ;-)

I'd love one of them ,pimped out fat wheels with a ladder to get into it it's that high

what about crew cab vans guys in thinking of jacking in the ranger and goin back to a van for a bit but ill need a crew cab with a full solid bulkhead to keep the 2 areas appart, anyone got one or recomend one cant make my mind up, i like th elook of the tranny and the crew cab looks almost car like interior wise which is ideal but i dnt want all the rust that comes with the badge, is there an age where they dont rust appart from new out the box haha

Vw T5 Kombi

I had a look under my citroen berlingo today and found its got a new exhaust fitted or should I say a recent fitment .there is no drips or anything coming from anywhere ........I'm chuffed ;)

705980 said:
I'd love one of them ,pimped out fat wheels with a ladder to get into it it's that high 

that's what mine is like spreads ;-) will put a photo up?
got myself some wider tyres on order for when the snow hits :RpS_biggrin:

No, my 5/6 Transit has an Euro4 engine, I pay £135 for the year.
Yea its odd, my previous sprinter was a euro4 and lower road tax same as you. The one I have now is euro5 but the tax is £220. The new ones are euro6 but again £220 per year?

builder i did a job for today is retiring and selling his wheels:

IMAG0109.jpg IMAG0110.jpg IMAG0111.jpg IMAG0112.jpg IMAG0113.jpg

nice. korean ideographs all over it. megaphone. step on the back to stand on. never let him down in ten years. was used in a korean airport by the fire brigade and then imported here. he always gets people stopping him and asking if he wants to sell - mainly gardeners - so should have no problems.

ex rac transit myself.

thank you mikeadams1985 mine is like a van in the back but a 110 my Mrs has a 90 and to be honest I'm seeing much more tradesmen using them as its cottening on how much cheaper they are to run plus will get you ANYWHERE ;-) get one and its an investment you will NOT lose money on it trust me ;-)

Surely a Landie is heavier to run than a van....?

Depends what you go for i.e. model of landie and the diff on fuel usage compared to some vans could be the same or only 3 to 4 mpg in it surprisingly. At one point i was using a 3lt diesel Hilux surf and getting about 26-28 mpg

Nissan primastar 07 125,000 on the clock ,had a head on collision one month ago ,pics on twitter ,I drove away ,left a vw transporter sitting on its arse waiting for a tow truck ,no seatbelt so I hit the window like a wasp ,but after I climbed into the other guys van and thumped fook out of him for being stoned ,eventually Garda came ,blah blah,I drove away like a boss

Here's a new one, our Mercedes sprinter was behaving strange and warning light on , gave it to the mechanic , says the exhaust system was stolen , cost €4,680 plus VAT
Thankfully insurance covers it,
Insurance company says it is a common occurrence
What next !!!

Irish Fine Art Plasterwork

Here's a new one, our Mercedes sprinter was behaving strange and warning light on , gave it to the mechanic , says the exhaust system was stolen , cost €4,680 plus VAT
Thankfully insurance covers it,
Insurance company says it is a common occurrence
What next !!!

Irish Fine Art Plasterwork

Happened around mine about 6 month ago , 3 different vans within 3/4s of a mile done in a night one straight opposite my house one the next street and one a few streets up . The bastards

Status
Not open for further replies.