What van

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always had transits but running costs went a bit daft with insurance etc so I've got a land rover defender 110 hardtop and its brilliant and come the bad weather its great fun going to work, had it 3 years and its the best move I made. I am aware its not every bodies cup of tea but I love it and much cheaper to run than a transit (well for me anyway)

Spanky, I would seriously look at buying new, its not as dear as you think.
As with everything, you need to be looking at the long term cost. Look back over the last 3 and 5 years accounts and add up every penny your van has cost you. Include everything other than diesel in your sums, then divide that by 36 and 48, and you'll probaly find you can be driving something new, and chopping it in when the warrenty expires for the same money. Sorting your own money rather taking the dealers makes it much more affordable to.
It all depends on your set up ,if you are a company that has profits that can carry the outlay and wait for the tax relief that,s great ,but if your a one man band on mainly a day rate ,it is a big cut out of your weekly money , and who wants a loan on 3 years when you don,t know what your doing in 3 months time , but that is just my opinion :RpS_unsure:

It all depends on your set up ,if you are a company that has profits that can carry the outlay and wait for the tax relief that,s great ,but if your a one man band on mainly a day rate ,it is a big cut out of your weekly money , and who wants a loan on 3 years when you don,t know what your doing in 3 months time , but that is just my opinion :RpS_unsure:
Sorry Keith that makes no sense. I wasn't encouraging anyone to spend more than they are now, more that if you have a proper look at the money your currently spending that you could be sat in a brand new, with all the benefits of buying new.

I always had transits but running costs went a bit daft with insurance etc so I've got a land rover defender 110 hardtop and its brilliant and come the bad weather its great fun going to work, had it 3 years and its the best move I made. I am aware its not every bodies cup of tea but I love it and much cheaper to run than a transit (well for me anyway)

Can you get plasterboard a in it easly??

Sorry Keith that makes no sense. I wasn't encouraging anyone to spend more than they are now, more that if you have a proper look at the money your currently spending that you could be sat in a brand new, with all the benefits of buying new.
I do understand what you are saying mate , i have brought new over the years ,but soon as it was of the forecourt i lost money ,and in our game it will get messed up ,to say the least , but i do see what you are saying , in some cases it can work :RpS_thumbup:

I can put 8x4's on roof rack but 6x3,s fit in the back but I tend to get 8x4,s delivered to the job if I need them. I know what your saying but most of my work is out in the sticks on farm houses and estates etc with lots of single track roads so it works for me.

Cant beat a Tranny, all vans are **** these days most parts made in China, all crap but I can get a tonne pallet of anything on the back of my SWB, the other vans just wont take the weight

I have ran old dogs, bought new on finance, and leased.Leasing is great if you have loads of work, i now buy a few years old for wat i can afford.Transhits are good, just keep painting ya body work if you have any rust.
My latest T5 (touch wood) is a great van so far, i rember having a old Mitsubuhi years ago, that was sound.My mate has a Hyundai, was quite cheap, 7 years unlimited milage waranty, 4 yrs old now never missed a beat.

I had a V reg Transit for 6 years, Body was rotten on arches/rear door. In all those years I had a battery, middle exhaust and rear welding. Got recon tyres which lasted forever. Engine was noisy but never ever let me down. So are the latest Transits rust buckets too (06 0n) I havnt seen a really bad one yet and they are 7 years old

I have ran old dogs, bought new on finance, and leased.Leasing is great if you have loads of work, i now buy a few years old for wat i can afford.Transhits are good, just keep painting ya body work if you have any rust.
My latest T5 (touch wood) is a great van so far, i rember having a old Mitsubuhi years ago, that was sound.My mate has a Hyundai, was quite cheap, 7 years unlimited milage waranty, 4 yrs old now never missed a beat.

Sounds like the Hyundai iload which I like the look of.

I had a V reg Transit for 6 years, Body was rotten on arches/rear door. In all those years I had a battery, middle exhaust and rear welding. Got recon tyres which lasted forever. Engine was noisy but never ever let me down. So are the latest Transits rust buckets too (06 0n) I havnt seen a really bad one yet and they are 7 years old
Ford have just replaced both door cills on my mates 11 plate tranny.Now the new ones are amde in Turkey i suspect they will be much better.
Casper has loads of rust on hos Limited 140

My 09 Transit 140 LTD has 63000 miles on the clock and still looks the b*ll***s. 4 years old and solid. Shiny black paint and great engine. I have no hesitation in recommending transit.......and i've owned Vauxhall and VW and Suzuki.

ive had a new vito then a Vauxhall, and I always go crawling back to mr ford saying please one more.

My 09 Transit 140 LTD has 63000 miles on the clock and still looks the b*ll***s. 4 years old and solid. Shiny black paint and great engine. I have no hesitation in recommending transit.......and i've owned Vauxhall and VW and Suzuki.

Suzuki? Hillside :-0

Na Lee, mine was 1996 model lol. Brand new. Suzuki super carry AkA sooty mobile....or as my mate called, a chicken chaser :RpS_tongue:

We always had transits, but had persistent problems with clutches ,
so I bought two merc sprinters couldn't go wrong with a merc I thought
Bad mistake !!constant problems with diesel leaking into oil,
Mercedes excuse we were not driving them enough, !!!'
New engine in one ( under warrantee )
And oil change every 8 weeks
Stay away from these overpriced cans

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Nissan navara 4 x 4... have to get boards delivered, but everything else goes in back.. looks cool as fuk aswell..lol

pikeys drive anything these days to be fair.
ive got a navara, transits and a range rover sport, there all pikey busses.

i found out the other day 8x4s go on the roof easily i had 20 on mine the other day:RpS_thumbup:

pikeys drive anything these days to be fair.
ive got a navara, transits and a range rover sport, there all pikey busses.

If it looks like pikey. Smells like pikey and drives like pikey. Its probably pikey

I've a citroen dispatch 03 plate had it about six months all ok apart from all door locks need replacing and the turbos on its way out , lol.
Most car/vans need plenty of wonga spent on them. That's just how there designed to be. It used to piss me off, now it just a quick yawn and I'm calling my mobile mechanic.

Na Lee, mine was 1996 model lol. Brand new. Suzuki super carry AkA sooty mobile....or as my mate called, a chicken chaser :RpS_tongue:

I nearly bought a Suzuki Carry pick up at the start of this year just for the craic but could not convince the lad to sell me it cos it had an LPG conversion on it and he would not part with it.

my ford ranger, trust me i wassnt very happy about it but i wassnt given much of a choice went ok though just strapped them down tight

wouldnt do that many again 10 would be ok but 20 was ridiculous i dnt think i got out of 3rd gear i was that worried haha

Can't beat the transit van!! Love mine. The engine will go on or years but not sure about the body. (Bit like missis)

made a rack for the plasterboard so I can slide them in. Bit like the trolleys you get in b and q. And then can fit loads of crap in there. And people.

Got a Renault master 54plate.
Love it, when its going, ran out of diesel once and had nothing but trouble since! In and out the carrage for randomly cutting out on me! Touch wood, all is ok now. Pulls great, feels more solid than the 2005 transit i use to dirve aswell.

My dad has got a merc he bought it new 13 years ago and when he retired kept it for going fishing in ! Its never let him down :glare:

12 plate vivaro cdti. a bit smaller than my old transit and if im honest not quite as comfortable to drive, although its smoother, quieter, and alot faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.