wetherby silicone finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

joel200

Hi guys, anyone had any experience of repairing the silicone finish, ive got a job with some low spots from a poor base coat and some bits that have been rubbed smooth cause it was left too dry before going over, any help would be great, cheers Joe

If its a repair/patch you are doing and not the whole wall again then good luck it is very difficult to do without it being visible or looking worse after. In fact I only know 2 people who can do it and one of them is dead.

1 what colour is the texture
2 where on the panel is it
3 how big and how many areas are sub standard
let me know these and i,ll tell you the best way forward

U need
gaffa tape
car sponge
patience:)

Tape the area
lay on realy thin coat of acrylic
rub up with plastic trowel
take off tape
Rub up edges with sponge to blend in
rub up with plastic trowel again on edges
practice first
This is roughly guideline how to patch up acrylic if u cant do it right - dont do it
try to match same pattern of existin finish
if u can do good finish on acrylic patchin up shouldnt be a problem

Hi I'm about to use this silicone thin coat system on dormers on my house over the insulation boards. I've been told i cant paint over the silicone top coat does anyone know a product i can use over the adhesive that is flexible and can be painted over ?someone has said about K render but im not sure need help asap im running out of time

Hi I'm about to use this silicone thin coat system on dormers on my house over the insulation boards. I've been told i cant paint over the silicone top coat does anyone know a product i can use over the adhesive that is flexible and can be painted over ?someone has said about K render but im not sure need help asap im running out of time

you should not use Krend over insulation.

you can paint over thin coat silicone texture finish - is thius what you intend to use ? base coat then finish from a bucket ? if so crack on but the finish is usually coloured to what you want so why do you want to paint it ?

Hi the adhesive is a weatherby insulation adhesive.the reason i want to paint over it is the silicone top coat i have is not going to match the house and i cant return it for a different colour as it was left over from a job and wanted to use it to try and keep the cost down etc

Hi the adhesive is a weatherby insulation adhesive.the reason i want to paint over it is the silicone top coat i have is not going to match the house and i cant return it for a different colour as it was left over from a job and wanted to use it to try and keep the cost down etc

if it is the 1.5 bucket finish then it can be painted. just leave it for a number of weeks to fully harden. humidity levels in this country are not ideal for silicone render finish so make sure it is fully cured. are you using exterior paint?
also more importantly make sure the base adhesive is fully dry before you prime and texture finish coat. delamination is rife when base coats are not dry and I hear WBY have problems with this at the moment.

Hi thanks for getting back to me yes it is a masonary paint i will be using. I havnt got any of the primer is this a must then what do i need to use and where can i buy it ? Before the top coat How long for the adhesive coat to dry before i can put the top coat on ?the top coat is the basf silicone based stuff is that the stuff you mean ?

why can u just basecoat with scrim, then another coat of w adhesive and fine it down like s&c and paint u like

yes the basf stuff.

you need a good thickness as far as thin coat render goes with WBY adhesive because at 3/4mm it is not strong enough - maybe 6-8 i think their applicators use (are suppose to use by spec) from memory, cant say for sure because I dont use their thin coat system. I do however use basf finish and would not worry about buying that from there as it is a good finish coat - easy to apply and rub up)

as said above you could get a nice enough finish on the adhesive and just paint it.

1mm thickness per day so if you lay it 6mm then 6 days drying in normal conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.