Went to see a job today

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

beddy

got a call from an old school friend asking me to go and plaster her kitchen, so i went today to price it. got there and all the papers on the walls and patches all over the place, she doesnt know wether she wants it overskimming, just patching or ripping it off and dot and dabbing it. then she said if its just patching her dad might do it. shes not sure wether to take the ceilings down, or just over skim them. so i measured up everything so i know what i'll want, and said give me a call back when your ready and ill come and have a look again. her dad said i'd be able to give her a price today...er no.

Unless its a massive really completed full house job,you gotta give a price on the day,theyll just call somene else who will give a price and theyl prob accept it and youll lose out.
We all no how much a bag of plaster costs,and we all no what we need for a days work.
Just add the 2 together and hey presto.
Tell them if they accept the verbal quote they can have it in writing b4 commenment of work if required.
Simples

sounds like steve was waiting for the wallpaper to come off so he could see the state of the walls and price the job properly .......who knows he's a nice friendly lad who is friends with the client and could possibly do the job cheaper than handy andy
fancy a blowjob :)

If she doesn't know what she wants, I'd say, 'if it were my kitchen, I would..............'
and give her price on what you would do. Mind, this approach doesn't always work!

Steve, sometimes the customers don't know what they want and it's our job to be honest with them and give them advise based on our experience and brilliance in making walls and ceilings smooth. I always give them a price there and then and if they want a written quote I'll post them one the next day.

id say...... give me a ring when u know what u want doing. or give her a few different price's if u can b arsed.

i told her the options and told her what i would do, but its one of those where she needs to speak to her fella and her dad before she knows what to do. i see where your coming from skimmin' but how can i say how much material i need or how long it will take the room is stripped down can i?

spunky said:
sounds like steve was waiting for the wallpaper to come off so he could see the state of the walls and price the job properly .......who knows he's a nice friendly lad who is friends with the client and could possibly do the job cheaper than handy andy
fancy a blowjob :)

that was almost a compliment spunky! :p

Theres a bit of weird thing when you price for friends or family you some what feel abliged to do it cheap. I find I even do it with the neighbours then they tell the other neighbours and it escalates out of controll, and before you know it your working for crap rates every weekend. Some times its just easier to let em down and be called a tosser ;D

i see what your saying bod, i'm just going to price it up as normal. we've all got to earn a living haven't we. plus i don't think i can benefit from her job haha

i did a job for my missus best friend and charged 90quid for the day ..........like a prick i said sorry mate would have done it for nothing but.........he said to me when you take money off people think of youre kids ......still crap at it though her other mate asked me to do a hall stairs landing ............£250 errrrrrr is tht alright ;D

I done a newly boarded ceiling the other week it was only about 18m2, 2 bags of multi a bit of scrim sat morn £100 i didnt even see the job wish i had when i got there i had to make good all round the ceiling line a bit of patching and a bit of sparring over a back door so i told him it was gonna be extra they said fine so i came up with £30 is that allright? I was then told thats a bit much aint it :eek: NO i said its a bit much you have questioned it.

thats why i didnt want to give them a quote and turn up for them to say. can you just do this bit while your here...oh and this bit and this little patch etc. i'm pretty certain she'll phone me when shes ready. that way she can get an accurate quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.