Weather to do lvl 3 at college

Status
Not open for further replies.
See we have a house in spain so i ant that worrying about going there on a little holiday.

**** me its a grand mate and if it means i earn an extra £27 a year untill i 65 then it will have paid for itself.

Oh well thats a weight off your shoulders i bet....already have one. Tell us when it's empty so we can all share the joy.

And while your at it, if a grand is small change to you throw some of that G my way, waste no time either!

Oh well thats a weight off your shoulders i bet....already have one. Tell us when it's empty so we can all share the joy.

And while your at it, if a grand is small change to you throw some of that G my way, waste no time either!

Its not small change but when its spread across 35 years it dont work out alot

Is that just to do 1 level or all of it...That's a lot of money

I've got level 1 that means 1800 to get to level 3... I havnt need it for 20 years fcuk knows what to do now if this is the way it is goin

With the NVQ you don't need to have done levels 1-2 before you do level 3.
I'd been plastering for 26 years without a single qualification before getting my NVQ level3 to enable me to get my CSCS Gold Card. I'd never been asked about quals by a client in the past and haven't been since getting one but at least if I do get asked in the future I can say I've got it and not have to turn work away. I can also use it as a positive aid to getting work if I so chose. It was so little hassle to get it I can't understand why anyone (who can afford it) wouldn't get an NVQ, I would guess it cost me about a day out of my working time with the visits mainly because I spent so much time chatting to the guys doing the assessments.
If you already have the level 2 then there probably isn't a great need to get the level 3 but if you're going for your first NVQ and have the evidence to prove you meet the requirements of level 3 then it's a no brainer IMO.

Cheers Andy... I think an goin to have a look and find out about it all an just see how much it is and think about...!!!

Get some advice from an assessor. I've just completed my level 2 nvq. Which means I can go on site, get to Aus, sales pitch for domestic customers. My assessor said there was no point doing my level 3 unless I was planning to teach. He said spend the money on something else.

Get some advice from an assessor. I've just completed my level 2 nvq. Which means I can go on site, get to Aus, sales pitch for domestic customers. My assessor said there was no point doing my level 3 unless I was planning to teach. He said spend the money on something else.

Well he was bullshitting you coz you wont get into oz with a level 2.

Yeah he got a work visa and is emigrating there it has taken 2 years for him to sort it but he is off in march, and i can get out there as my brother inlaw has just got residency there and said he would sponsor us to go out there he lives in sydney and has just built a £1000,000 house so he aint doing too bad his Mrs earns all the money, But he is labouring out there and getting $30 an hour.

Yeah he got a work visa and is emigrating there it has taken 2 years for him to sort it but he is off in march, and i can get out there as my brother inlaw has just got residency there and said he would sponsor us to go out there he lives in sydney and has just built a £1000,000 house so he aint doing too bad his Mrs earns all the money, But he is labouring out there and getting $30 an hour.

Anyone can get a work visa if your under 30 but you wont get a skilled visa with anything less than a level 3. Oh and spunky i dont have to figure it out i know xxxxxxx

He's not married he's got a couple of mates out there thats it and he is definitely going I spoke to him a few weeks ago
So he has got a level 2, he is 45, going on his own, to sydney? I guarantee he hasnt got a skilled visa mate its imposible he might just be going on holiday and stayin for as long as he can or he might have a sponser but honestly he cant get a skilled visa. I know coz i was gonna go a few years ago when i qualified. I dont qualify now coz im 40 and loose points, the MODL list has been scrapped so i loose more points, he isnt including his spouse so there are more points lost, you can invest £100.000 to get extra points but not many. then there is an english test but not that many points and he has a level 2 so npo points. It would be interesting to find out how he has done it :)

Well i know for a fact he hasnt got a mortgage he owns his house so maybe its money he's got then, he paid off his mortgage when he was 35. So having a few quid works in your favour?

i remember my tutor telling us he was getting a £5g golden handshake from the learning skills council to take up teaching!! if nowt else might be a good back up plan.:RpS_wink:

Well i know for a fact he hasnt got a mortgage he owns his house so maybe its money he's got then, he paid off his mortgage when he was 35. So having a few quid works in your favour?

Dont quote me but if i remember right if you invested $100.000 it gave you 5 or 10 points but it had to be in for 1 or 2 years, he might of got a business visa where you set up shop or buy a business but i dont know much about that. If he is a profesional sports person that is another way in, also if you are going to places like Victoria you need less points but to get into sydney you need 120 points or more and your mate will not qualify.

Anyone can get a work visa if your under 30 but you wont get a skilled visa with anything less than a level 3. Oh and spunky i dont have to figure it out i know xxxxxxx

Yea your right m8, long time since i've looked. Seem to change the goal posts all the time.

Yea your right m8, long time since i've looked. Seem to change the goal posts all the time.

They changed it about 2/3 years ago rumour has it they got onto the osat LOL thats no bullshit. My mate got in four years ago as a dryliner/fibrous plasterer with his level 2 (which is the max over here for a fixer). Apparently they had something like 15 hairdressers from the same shop apply at the same time in india who had been assesed so they looked into it and closed the loop hole. Then the recesion kicked in over here so they shut the gates sort of and you needed to have A full apprenteship or a AQ3 (australian level 3). You can get assesed for the aus one but it isnt as simple as osat and it costs a couple of grand atleast.

true is that, a lad on for me wanted to go to last year and they wouldnt aprove it until he got his level 3

Its a conspiracy your all working for the nvq people, its hard enough to live with out you lot taking our hard earned cash on fly by night schemes.

Status
Not open for further replies.