Wage rises

Ye but I'm not robbo lol..its all with half hour distance..ur missing the point totally..did u not see the bit where I said 70% I do is site work??? You can not turn over 6 figures a year (labour only on domestics)! Impossible..and it's not just 6 figures either..have s think and get back to me but il prob need to argue my point on friday or sumat as I'm off out
You must live in a very busy area for development. Have a good one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 155
Why would you want to? It means you've gone in too low in 1st place if ur rushing about getting a living room skimmed in day..not a case of just going in and blasting it off,its somebody's home cant be treated like a site hence why site work is m2 and domestic isnt

I rarely do full living room in a day, at most generally a 3x4m bedroom.. providing it's square, average ceiling height, no weird angles, would still want £400+ labour for doing so though.. totally agree on spreading jobs out, rather do as little as possible for as much money as possible, it's not enjoyable smashing it out, I like chatting to customers, having tea, plodding along.

Wanting and getting is the thing though , I find domestic work competitive In London , lots of cheap labour about , I was undercut by ten grand on a job by a Chris taylor , tayson plastering, he f**k*d it up and ran away in the end , we are plagued with cheap foreign workers and northerners

Wanting and getting is the thing though , I find domestic work competitive In London , lots of cheap labour about , I was undercut by ten grand on a job by a Chris taylor , tayson plastering, he f**k*d it up and ran away in the end , we are plagued with cheap foreign workers and northerners

ive heard alot of the foreign lads are going back because they can’t compete with northerners:LOL:

I do think the area does affect it.. are you central London? It's quite competitive around my way (Crawley/West Sussex), what I do know is I'm definitely not the most expensive from customer feedback.. which is a good sign!

It isn't a matter of making serious wedge every day though.. some jobs don't warrant it, as said before.. my earnings will be anywhere between £180-450 a day.. average it out and generally do 225-250.. you need to know what to price when to price.. the hardest part is filling every day in the diary, especially when you try your best not to work for 'builders'.

I do think the area does affect it.. are you central London? It's quite competitive around my way (Crawley/West Sussex), what I do know is I'm definitely not the most expensive from customer feedback.. which is a good sign!
Yes , my day work is £220 for builders less tax moving to £240 soon , private’s are quick re payments , builders often a month plus waiting , I’m south London and on the verge of Croydon so not a high paying area , think norbury , Thornton Heath etc , Balham Brixton Clapham more expensive areas
It isn't a matter of making serious wedge every day though.. some jobs don't warrant it, as said before.. my earnings will be anywhere between £180-450 a day.. average it out and generally do 225-250.. you need to know what to price when to price.. the hardest part is filling every day in the diary, especially when you try your best not to work for 'builders'.

It's because I'm f**k**g good, you spakker.

I'm actually too good to be working for other people now so I'm saving hard for a doer upper.
Steve if your going to be coming up with words like spakker atleast know what it means..didn't you get like €900 or sumat 4 a 6 day job??????????????

I think the problem is many people price based on a day rate...I generally price on what I want or what I think I will get depending on customer...but never under £250 per day....I do enough advertising to have lots of work come in to pick and choose...some recommendations, haven't worked for a builder for around 12 years...generally double the price of plasterers they use.

This was for a 1m2 lathe and plaster ceiling patch...customer needed works carried out ASAP.