Wage growth

Members online

Why are you assuming high earners are tax dodgers?

Maybe it’s reverse psychology..

The only high earners in Plastering are the ones who source work and sub it out.

I assumed we all earned similar money until I joined here and heard lads skimming living rooms with artex ceilings for £300. That still blows my mind. These same people wonder why Plastering is s**t money lol.

Also it’s not boasting if someone asks you what you charge and you tell them.
Lurpy I have never ever mentioned tax dodgers. I dont know who did but you picked up on it.

Plasterers just like other workers will earn better money in boom times and high demand areas over bad times and economically less well off areas.

Telling someone how much you charge is not the same as 'bragging' how much you earn. You may charge £10.00 per meter for skimming. That doesnt tell me how much you earn.

I should imagine that anybody getting the chance to earn big money wouldnt waste that opportunity by spending as much time as possible on the internet? I am only on here because I just had some toast. As soon as me coffee has gone...........so will I.

Lurpy I have never ever mentioned tax dodgers. I dont know who did but you picked up on it.

Plasterers just like other workers will earn better money in boom times and high demand areas over bad times and economically less well off areas.

Telling someone how much you charge is not the same as 'bragging' how much you earn. You may charge £10.00 per meter for skimming. That doesnt tell me how much you earn.

So tell me how you come to the conclusion that high earners Doing everything above board, would be quiet?

Go with @algeeman for a day and you’ll see lol.

Isn’t for me, prefer to take me time but do enjoy a big gauge (but not everyday 5 days a week) these lads are machines.
What happens to a overrun washing machines becouse you got big family ther fuked in 5 years it same whith body you kill your self youl be fuked in the end. Depends what you whant from life. Personally I'm plastering just to pay the bills and pocket money to me my health is more to me than big money

What happens to a overrun washing machines becouse you got big family ther fuked in 5 years it same whith body you kill your self youl be fuked in the end. Depends what you whant from life. Personally I'm plastering just to pay the bills and pocket money to me my health is more to me than big money

I 100% agree mate. This is why I do domestic only. With occasional skim jobs for builder mates etc.

I think site lads should be on minimum £5 a m2

So tell me how you come to the conclusion that high earners Doing everything above board, would be quiet?
That's very simple.................I am in pub and I tell me mates of lots of work with lots of cash for this work at new building site I am on................Result is possibly a few of them and people they know may visit same building site.........................Do same thing on the internet and everyman and his dog will be at that building site Monday morning and those good times will become very short.

In Ireland when someone says there is big money in London or Birmingham. The towns and villages will empty over the coming weeks of certain tradesmen...................Same anywhere.

That's very simple.................I am in pub and I tell me mates of lots of work with lots of cash for this work at new building site I am on................Result is possibly a few of them and people they know may visit same building site.........................Do same thing on the internet and everyman and his dog will be at that building site Monday morning and those good times will become very short.

In Ireland when someone says there is big money in London or Birmingham. The towns and villages will empty over the coming weeks of certain tradesmen...................Same anywhere.

That’s completely unrealistic. You don’t have any mates.

And even if you did, nonody listens to a mess in a pub.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh satan!!!!!

Don’t tell anyone that you can earn more in London!!!! It’s our secret

That’s completely unrealistic. You don’t have any mates.

And even if you did, nonody listens to a mess in a pub.
That's very true so I know who to trust. And the beers is cheaper at Tesco's.

I suppose another way of looking at it is..................that those who spend many hours on forums and other websites............havent got any mates to spend time with and are most likely either at home or confined somewhere.

I suppose another way of looking at it is..................that those who spend many hours on forums and other websites............havent got any mates to spend time with and are most likely either at home or confined somewhere.

You live your life on assumptions.

It’s a sad life mate.

I thought you knew a bit about websites, anyway? You know that this is connected to my phone right? So it probably says I’m online when my phones in pocket.

I do have a theory @satan

You work for HMRC and because of how naturally nausey you are.. they’ve sent you on a secret mission to catch tax dodgers on the internet, working from home.

Failing that you’re just a f**k**g weirdo

I do have a theory @satan

You work for HMRC and because of how naturally nausey you are.. they’ve sent you on a secret mission to catch tax dodgers on the internet, working from home.

Failing that you’re just a fkg weirdo
At least they won’t find my stash in the Cayman Islands :inocente:

Lurpy you could ask Danny why I couldnt be the tax man you keep wildly accusing me of being. He will tell you it is impossible if you are that paranoid about it.:whistle:

Lurpy you could ask Danny why I couldnt be the tax man you keep wildly accusing me of being. He will tell you it is impossible if you are that paranoid about it.:whistle:

You’re making it more obvious by trying so hard to discredit the claim. Typical tax man

Trouble is with a lot of spreads they have no method when it comes to site work its not about big walls or big sets its about how you break it up to work economically most just concentrate on the big areas without picking up say a wall in the cupboards or a bit of landing walls then they are left with all the s**t that takes 2 bags but running around like an idiot
Been in many a squad all metres metres then as u say come the end all the footery stuff is left heads reveals understairs cupboards, hot presses etc etc head melted with it

I wouldn't want to be getting into the trade now....I don't reckon it will be long before trades are living and working out of their vans.
A growing number of people are now living out of their vans for all sorts of reasons and one is work. If you look on Youtube you will see a very very popular huge video section on all kinds of van conversions for van living. Just Transit type vans fitted out with showers/bogs/cooking and heating with pullout beds. Quite ingenious and extreme money saving living.