Wage growth

Members online

No just houses that are in high end areas.if it was those normal house builder jobs 3 bedders say well that shear graft . But there's always money to be made . Depends on how much you want to earn a week
Just best hope you don't get any bags of multi like I've had. It's hard enough rectifying a 1 bag set, let alone a 3 bag one

Just best hope you don't get any bags of multi like I've had. It's hard enough rectifying a 1 bag set, let alone a 3 bag one
Yes it's not the best lately must admit . Just moan the stuff on that normally does the trick for us lol

So 1 guy is skimming 17 boards a set to a high quality? I don't see how that's possible
Depends on the house , first time on site last summer in 30 years I'm not fast ( I'm 57 ) but managed that on big London houses , back here in Bedford I don't get walls that big and its probably more like 12 boards (ceiling and two walls a set), charge per hour so makes no difference to me , just enjoy it

Too many at it driving the prices down,i know i guy who is a plastering contractor on these sites and he is doing very well out of the workers;so the money is there but not for us.
Problem is these site prices are starting to leak into domestic prices . More and more customers now are getting quotes of site monkeys for re skims . I keep telling customers though they just turn up and throw it on . They won’t sheet down or take the time to clean everything down when they are done .

Depends on the house , first time on site last summer in 30 years I'm not fast ( I'm 57 ) but managed that on big London houses , back here in Bedford I don't get walls that big and its probably more like 12 boards (ceiling and two walls a set), charge per hour so makes no difference to me , just enjoy it
Think my limit for a ceiling is about 11 or 12 boards, and I'd be up worrying about it the night before lol. I doff my cap to the lot of ya

Problem is these site prices are starting to leak into domestic prices . More and more customers now are getting quotes of site monkeys for re skims . I keep telling customers though they just turn up and throw it on . They won’t sheet down or take the time to clean everything down when they are done .
Oh yes there's plenty of cash and dash merchants out there but there is in every trade

Ive got a very good customer base so i charge accordanly they know what there getting a clean a nd tidy job.
I was undercut on a job recently they couldnt put coving up used two beads for a 4 ft reveals the shoddyness was unbeleivable and the mess she is still cleaning up now.

Trouble is with a lot of spreads they have no method when it comes to site work its not about big walls or big sets its about how you break it up to work economically most just concentrate on the big areas without picking up say a wall in the cupboards or a bit of landing walls then they are left with all the s**t that takes 2 bags but running around like an idiot

Trouble is with a lot of spreads they have no method when it comes to site work its not about big walls or big sets its about how you break it up to work economically most just concentrate on the big areas without picking up say a wall in the cupboards or a bit of landing walls then they are left with all the s**t that takes 2 bags but running around like an idiot
Yes definitely with ever gauge break down the bits of shite . I've seen bellend leave all the reveals and cupboards then spent a day picking them up .ha ha bless em

Yes definitely with ever gauge break down the bits of shite . I've seen bellend leave all the reveals and cupboards then spent a day picking them up .ha ha bless em
Aint got a clue some off them

Was it boarded out with scaffold.

Was it boarded out with scaffold.
London , yes the bigger ceilings ( 30 m2 + ) , sorted by contractor ,scaffold board screwed to crates for smaller which I prefer as its out of your way for getting walls on as well

London , yes the bigger ceilings ( 30 m2 + ) , sorted by contractor ,scaffold board screwed to crates for smaller which I prefer as its out of your way for getting walls on as well
Decent sized ceilings scaffolded out makes it piss easy.

Decent sized ceilings scaffolded out makes it piss easy.
At the right height 40m is a walk in the park compared to 30m in a small room
I've been subbing of 2 builders for the past 20 years , been great but they're slowing for retirement so am going to get cs card and get back in the real world , will find a decent contractor and live on sites in my van , I only need £10k and don't like dealing with customers

I scaffolded out a 80m2 lid with crates and battons last Thursday mixed up and put it on in a staggered gauge and finished it myself when like a dream got paid £700 for it! I was f**k*d had Friday off big areas on private work pays much better than site s**t!

I scaffolded out a 80m2 lid with crates and battons last Thursday mixed up and put it on in a staggered gauge and finished it myself when like a dream got paid £700 for it! I was fk*d had Friday off big areas on private work pays much better than site st!
Get yourself some stilts no faffing with planks and crates

As they say if u can’t handle the heat in the kitchen get the fook out pal and if u can’t do a 35m gauge on board then maybe try another career peace
I probably could do a 35m set on board but earlier in the thread they were saying some people average 50m sets. So to that, I say f**k that. Why would I do that when I earn the same putting on 3 bags a day. These people's bodies will be ruined. As for another career, I have got options but I'll stick to this for now. Moneys good, home at 3 most days and plenty of time off. Peace

Zzzzzzzz
I was being rather nice and saying fair play. There's always one bell end though. This time it was Ritch
I'm not arguing with anyone mate.
I know lads on new build who are earning an absolute fortune.
I know the high earners on here they never boast about money.

I've got a mate who just pulled 18 grand for dabbing skim about 300 boards and installing grid ceiling.

If your a one band man like myself no how much you keep digging on the beach the sand keeps falling in (y)

To be honest if anyone 'brags' on how much they are earning, and not just to their mates privately in a pub but to the whole world on the internet. Then anyone with any sense just lets it go in one ear and out the other. Anybody can say claim anything and be anything with even multiple personalities on the internet.

Anybody 'high earning' would definitely keep it to themselves and not tell the world because it simply will not last and they know that.

I'm not arguing with anyone mate.
I know lads on new build who are earning an absolute fortune.
I know the high earners on here they never boast about money.

I've got a mate who just pulled 18 grand for dabbing skim about 300 boards and installing grid ceiling.

If your a one band man like myself no how much you keep digging on the beach the sand keeps falling in (y)

To be honest if anyone 'brags' on how much they are earning, and not just to their mates privately in a pub but to the whole world on the internet. Then anyone with any sense just lets it go in one ear and out the other. Anybody can say claim anything and be anything with even multiple personalities on the internet.

Anybody 'high earning' would definitely keep it to themselves and not tell the world because it simply will not last and they know that.

Why are you assuming high earners are tax dodgers?

Maybe it’s reverse psychology..

The only high earners in Plastering are the ones who source work and sub it out.

I assumed we all earned similar money until I joined here and heard lads skimming living rooms with artex ceilings for £300. That still blows my mind. These same people wonder why Plastering is s**t money lol.

Also it’s not boasting if someone asks you what you charge and you tell them.