Venetian plastering

Yann

Hi, new here, be nice...
Doing a small venetian plastering job (2.5m sq) for a friend, first time. Going straight onto a bare plasterboard. The primer only comes in massive tubs (£70) which is WAY more than I need and can't justify it. Can I use pva or similar? Let it go tacky and lamp it straight on? Its plaster at the end of the day, sticks doesn't it.

Thanks in advance, Ian

Hi, new here, be nice...
Doing a small venetian plastering job (2.5m sq) for a friend, first time. Going straight onto a bare plasterboard. The primer only comes in massive tubs (£70) which is WAY more than I need and can't justify it. Can I use pva or similar? Let it go tacky and lamp it straight on? Its plaster at the end of the day, sticks doesn't it.

Thanks in advance, Ian
U need Dg27 and it’s not cheap lol

It's not a pain in the ass if you know what your doing.If it something your thinking if getting into I'd book a course up.

It's not a pain in the ass if you know what your doing.If it something your thinking if getting into I'd book a course up.
I'm not worried about the job tbf. Just the prep. Can't fathom the primer situation for love nor money

Got no interest in all the arguing. I am quite passionate about venetian plaster and like others I have paid to learn properly then spent years continuing it so here's some advise regarding the "will it stick?" question. It might, but using the correct primer that marrys up to that manufacturers materials then it definitely will