van lease

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterjfe

Private Member
who has one then and what package and where from? - main dealer or van re-seller?
do you like it?

I am curious being LTD and VAT am I better off than buying second hand like I do now?

I've leased my van. It was a ex hire van 1 year old ldv maxus think it cost about 6 grand all in and it's been great. You can even ofset the full amount for the van against tax :)

I am just about to go ltd .... how do you find it john ?

Being LTD aint no real bother rich, the vat is the biggest pain but I do my own to keep accounting costs down coz its every 3 months. but alot of people keep asking me why i dont lease a van and then give it back for a new one every 3 or 4 yrs, to which i reply "I dunno"

Not an expert mate but not sure if you ever get to own it but I think it's cheaper I'd look at leasing one and buying one you still get a warranty against one you buy so you should be covered if it falls apart

But then you'd only get book value anyway and still have to pay the fooker off and I bet there's a hefty deposit too ..... You could have a look at a one or two year old and save a few quid

With lease you get full capital allowance straight off and your vat back, if you buy you only get 25% (and your vat) then 15% depreciation for two years, i think that's how it works (so accountant say's) so it's more cost effective to lease, thats the mistake i made when i bought the warrior , i should off just leased and replaced after three years

With a lease you are using the vehicle but don't technically own it. Like a long term rental That's why you get better tax offset. At. the end of the term you have the option to keep the van on the lease co books and pay sm amount. 25.00. Year. To keep it. That's the way I remember it anyway. ?

my accountant told me , the cheapest way to own something is to buy it , i never really understood it :RpS_lol:

You can lease a new Sportline for £360 a month. That includes a free hard on everytime you drive it.

always buy mine,
i bought 2 new transits 2 year ago,the accountant advised me to buy mine outright as opposed to leasing as well blade,i got a good deal on buying 2 anyhow paid 20 grand down and two years interest free on remaining, and im ltd and vat.
depend how many miles you do aswell as some lease schemes have a millage limiter and if you go above that you have to pay on each mile.
plus i own them. i hate leasing/renting owt to be honest.
i wouldnt have a second hand van given, new van 3 year hastle free motoring minimum, and a tax right down against them.

would never buy new anyhow see thats one problem - dont have the cash flow. I always buy second hand and something in the region of 3 - 4 K but it seems there is no van out there that can be relied upon 100% especially second hand i always pay out a few hundered a year in repairs/maintenance thinkin if i had a lease i could pay as i go and write off the expense, just getting lashed off with fixin stuff, i never used to mind but not got time nowdays its either lease new or pick up a tranny for around 3k with 70 tho on clock then next year be back in this position again

One of the lads I'm working with at the minute has got a brand new tranny, something silly like 200 a month, then after 3 years I think he said he can either buy it or chop it for a new one and keep paying the same per month, bargain

you can refinance the one you have after 3 years. if u have looked after it and r not bothered bout a new one u can benefit by cheaper monthly payments. aha

you can refinance the one you have after 3 years. if u have looked after it and r not bothered bout a new one u can benefit by cheaper monthly payments. aha

ya but aint the major benefit of leasing blone that you always have a new van - no mot and no repair bills

Mine was a year old as I said before. Lease it for 3 years so can ofset full amount and at the end of the three years I own it out right by making a payment of £1. Pay 150 a month

Being LTD aint no real bother rich, the vat is the biggest pain but I do my own to keep accounting costs down coz its every 3 months. but alot of people keep asking me why i dont lease a van and then give it back for a new one every 3 or 4 yrs, to which i reply "I dunno"

was that thing i sent u any good?

One of the lads I'm working with at the minute has got a brand new tranny, something silly like 200 a month, then after 3 years I think he said he can either buy it or chop it for a new one and keep paying the same per month, bargain
he will have to sell it to pay the balloon payment first if they take it you wont get as much as they go to auctions which is trade prices and his next one will be more exspensive if he dont get enough back to cover balloon and deposit and vat on next one and most are ltd to 20,000 per annum he,s probably been sweet talked by the salesman

ya but aint the major benefit of leasing blone that you always have a new van - no mot and no repair bills

if times are tough and you could do with a bit of lower payment relief then its worth bearing in mind if you have looked after the van You do tend to get used to the manufacturer repairing faults for free under guarantee and giving u a hire van in the meantime

I lease because I want reliability and something a bit nice. There's no way I could afford to lay out £20k on a van, but the leasing makes it affordable. I've done nearly 20k miles in mine since mid August and it hasn't required a service yet.

Yes mate. I had a Caddy Maxi Sportline briefly last year. I thought it would've been big enough for me, but unfortunately it wasn't. Fast as **** mind.
DSC00465-2.jpg

Last edited:
so did you struggle with the size? I thought they were as big as the transporter the maxi that is?

nice kit tho I would luv one

I could just get my Minimax tower in with enough kit, but the side loading doors were quite narrow for getting stuff in and out. The Maxi has about 10 inches less length in the back compared to the SWB Transporter. I also really needed 3 seats for when I need to pick up my daughters when my wife is working.
They don't do a Sportline Crafter, but there are some accessories available to bling them up a bit.
They do make this though
140180-bigthumbnail.jpg

It's called a Crafter Atacama

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.