Van finance

Members online

There’s a load of 20 plate Transit Custom Limited coming through next month with less than 10k mileage for £19500 +vat. The same VW’s are about £23k. The Transit gives you heated drivers seat and outside passenger seat for that...NICE

There’s a load of 20 plate Transit Custom Limited coming through next month with less than 10k mileage for £19500 +vat. The same VW’s are about £23k. The Transit gives you heated drivers seat and outside passenger seat for that...NICE
I like the idea of an outside passenger seat, might not catch on though.

Used van prices have skyrocketed the last few weeks, same van/age 6 weeks ago were nearly £1.5k less than now.
I got a quote for my boxer van off wbac and was quite surprised as I was offered near enough the same money as when I bought it second hand 2 years ago.
I had an email to say it had gone up in value again .
Crazy.

Probably because they are the most popular vans on the road.
No it's because the standard security isn't worth a wank. My mate spent a small fortune upgrading his. Vito's on the other hand rarely seem to suffer the same. I do like the Transit's though.

When only the best will do.
C28DD9E6-8BB2-40B2-A04D-7B99D3315057.jpeg

No it's because the standard security isn't worth a wank. My mate spent a small fortune upgrading his. Vito's on the other hand rarely seem to suffer the same. I do like the Transit's though.

Small fortune you mean £300 on deadlocks side and rear?

I just put the boards in on top of my gear.

Had 20 boards down the side up against the bulkhead with my 2012 transit today reckon I could have got another 10-20 in if I needed. Best vans they were the new ones have got all the mod cons but it would really annoy me not being able to get lots of sheets in...you would have to raise the floor considerable then lose overall space

Had 20 boards down the side up against the bulkhead with my 2012 transit today reckon I could have got another 10-20 in if I needed. Best vans they were the new ones have got all the mod cons but it would really annoy me not being able to get lots of sheets in...you would have to raise the floor considerable then lose overall space
What’s the use of a van if you can’t get 8x4 s in flat or on the sides.?

The new custom you can only get sheet in flat...so you have to raise the floor level...so that space is wasted unless carrying sheet.
Well that’s no good then
Some guy was in the merchants today with a high top new shape vivaro and his 8x4s went in on the sides of the van.

i understand, but the taxperson does not buy your van.

Technically yes, but it's hair splitting. You can either give the money to the tax man, or you can spend it on deductible items like a van.

It's a racket that vehicle manufacturers and HMRC have latched onto really. If the choice is a new van which doesn't do anything different to the old van but is shiny and has a new reg, or giving the money to the tax man people will take the perceived benefit of having a new van. It's no advantage to them, and they are still relieved of the money, a good chunk of which goes in tax anyway. They just feel less aggrieved at the loss that way.

Technically yes, but it's hair splitting. You can either give the money to the tax man, or you can spend it on deductible items like a van.

It's a racket that vehicle manufacturers and HMRC have latched onto really. If the choice is a new van which doesn't do anything different to the old van but is shiny and has a new reg, or giving the money to the tax man people will take the perceived benefit of having a new van. It's no advantage to them, and they are still relieved of the money, a good chunk of which goes in tax anyway. They just feel less aggrieved at the loss that way.
It is hair splitting that’s why I couldn’t be arsed posting any more on the subject.

Going to test drive a custom tomorrow. Hoping to sort it out by the end of the month. Getting fed up with my van.

I recently went with vanarama. About 2 months ago. A new vivaro van lwb was cheaper then the swb!! Contract hire so i pay 240 p/m With road tax. Based on 3 years and i save on MOT as its brand new. Give it back at the end and start again!
£45 mot saving . it’s a no brainer. :ROFLMAO:

whichever way you look at it the taxman does not pay for your van.
if that was the case we would all have dozens of vans.