van camping

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

Just gone to pick up some Venetian from gold trowel and saw this :( I hope it's not who I think it is? @Lodan
image.jpg

Well done to you mate for sticking to it ! It takes balls and determination to do it! Won't mention and the abuse you put your self on here, but that only shows you got something ! Enjoy and for sure you will come better out of this whole experience !

Mental isn't it some people wud give there right bollock to get in this game some woyld give there right bollock to get out of this game

Mental isn't it some people wud give there right bollock to get in this game some woyld give there right bollock to get out of this game

The thing is though @Lodan is showing the attitude and doing what he can to learn yet there are chaps at college who do not give a hoot and they get it all handed to them... I would have @Lodan work for me if I could... seems like he has passion and ambition and I know that is lacking in most new starters :D

T
Wat did u do?
Turned up an hour late for a start....fecking M1...journey that should take 2.40 took 5 hours....when got there boarded a ceiling and scrim'd it. As id done a bit before got given a wall and ceiling already skimmed while the newer people got the boarded ones...pva'd them and then skimmed both...about 10m2...not much but im a noob and it was the first day....had a talk about what backing plaster for what backgrounds, suction etc and how to work out materials needed what beads to use and such. Then stuck on some beading for tomorrow making sure its plumb etc, a few pillars and windows ready to float in the morning. Nice set up all marshalltown and nela tools, even saw a spedscam and ezi spat in the tool room....a few larger areas, places to make arches and stuff......

The thing is though @Lodan is showing the attitude and doing what he can to learn yet there are chaps at college who do not give a hoot and they get it all handed to them... I would have @Lodan work for me if I could... seems like he has passion and ambition and I know that is lacking in most new starters :D

He doesn't want to be a desk jockey Danny ;)

Ye he's keen Il give him that id take attitude over anything

Hats off to you... Have to respect people with the get up and go who are willing to suffer a bit to better themselves

Longer you have off the harder It is to start again wen I had knee operation I was itching to go bk after a couple of weeks but I had 9 weeks off and dint want to go bk to work was horrible

I'm learning to fly from Staplefordabbots airport ( right beside tarnished trowel) so I could meet up for a beer before one of my lessons. My mate has a pub down the road

I thought the same after his course if its of any help to him he is more than welcome to my jobs for more experience.

Well havent you lot got hearts of gold after all. @irish_spread thanks for the offer mate really good of you...ive been toasty up until now, had a great nights sleep but if at some point it gets to much I'll send you a pm....again thanks for the offer its appreciated and thank your wife for not telling you to feck off when you mentioned it. @theplasterman as your local to me I'll be all over that when im back home and hopefully you wont regret it too much.

Just having a maccy d's breakfast and off for a shower in a minute....life is good.

And condensation hasnt benn an issue so far, a bit of moisture on the ceiling in the morning but no drips, wipe down and then have the door open for half hour on my dinner and jobs a fish.