van camping

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date
Well cosy mate, got a battery pack with a reading light, taking my gameboy and a few books....bag of chips each night and maccy d's for free wifi....jobs a fish.
Top tips /piss container , tuna n beans on hot chips works well n get some fruit. You can also buy some crystals stuff to absorb the damp yer gonna need em. Worked away crashing in van with mate was s**t cold m miserable but was young n nuts back then. Its the little things that can make big difference to the experience being bearable or nightmare. Plenty info on the net now hopefully you have read up, good luck.

Yep...i know you're not a fan bit it is what it is.
You've got me mixed up mate it doesn't bother me. I'm sure Andy will let you stay on the land it's quite a big place. There is a fishery around the corner where I stayed when I done the Venetian a couple of lads off here had the little house on there you might get lucky and someone is staying in it and may put you up on the sly. I wouldn't be surprised if Andy didn't let you stay at the place there are a few cabins they held classes in so just mention it he's not a bad bloke:

You've got me mixed up mate it doesn't bother me. I'm sure Andy will let you stay on the land it's quite a big place. There is a fishery around the corner where I stayed when I done the Venetian a couple of lads off here had the little house on there you might get lucky and someone is staying in it and may put you up on the sly. I wouldn't be surprised if Andy didn't let you stay at the place there are a few cabins they held classes in so just mention it he's not a bad bloke:
fair enough, cheers for the advice, you're right I had you mixed up with someone else, I remember now you saying you did the venetian over there.

Cudnt think of owt worse me..int there any cheap digs around? I'm cycling to work from Tuesday to save parking in harragate guna park up about a mile out of town then ride to job on bike f**k it will save about £200 a month..that Job that isn't starting Job flynny u know that 1 I was bullshitting about id give a thumps up emojo if my tablet worked
If you working in harrogate, just get a pass for the central zone, you can park anywhere if you get there early doors.

My gym membership is nationwide so thats the shower sorted....found a nice new build housing estate with no parking restrictions next to a tesco and maccy d's for toilet.....don't need to go in the nite as i'm still a young man and im at tyhe centre 8 -5
Thinking I agree with @theclemo idea ... you should tell the tutors you are doing a report on the forum about your experience and ask to park up inside you never know they might say you could kip at there's..either way the van looks good hope it goes well for ya.

Thinking I agree with @theclemo idea ... you should tell the tutors you are doing a report on the forum about your experience and ask to park up inside you never know they might say you could kip at there's..either way the van looks good hope it goes well for ya.
If he tells them he's doing a report on them there wont let him thru the doors

They won't let him stay on the premises if it's possible anyone (everyone who has access to the forum, i.e. the entire world) could find out. Their public liability and premises insurance would be invalidated.

So if it was possible, it isn't now. :aburrido:

uploadfromtaptalk1452457864204.jpg

Nothing like a nice mug of soup to warm you up if it's chilly [emoji14]

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Cant c it myself as it cud be bad publicity..mite end up being gud publicity like we shall c..be gud going down and c ing wat actually goes on..mite ask panorama if there want me to go undercover lol..
Lol....i aint doing a report on anyone....i said I might post a few pics up and let people know how I get on in the van

The mobile shag wagon is now ready for action....Here's a photo....nice thick night fishing sleeping back, got my camping stove, some pot noodles, dry roasted peanuts, thermal socks and a wooley hat.View attachment 9242
you working away ? i have stayed in tool sheds before now in Germany in the winter when i have been stuck a car in Holland when i first got there , i have worked away pretty much my whole working life abroad for 7 years and have been in some situations regarding digs but loved the whole experience, well most of em

Lol....i aint doing a report on anyone....i said I might post a few pics up and let people know how I get on in the van
Be good to c wat u do each day? Or each week id imagine there will break it down in blocks and by Time u leave after 6 weeks ull forget wat u learned on week 1 lol..did u try get in with ur local firms?

Pity you did`nt book the course for in the warmer months but you could cable tie some thick blanket type material to the van ceiling n sides to slow up the condensation dripping on you and get one of those cheap pop up tents in the back if it gets to damp n cold ? you can get small caravan chemical toilets or if near quiet spot a mini shovel to bury your crap.
Ive stayed in van a few times when working away in the past but would`nt fancy more than a week in it over the winter anymore.
I`ve got a proper insulated all year use camper van now and the difference is huge when using it away for jobs or holidays a home on wheels with everything you need to live full time in if wanted, saves a lot £ on digs and helps comply with H&S providing on site toilet and canteen etc if you got employees, so if you got a big tax bill get one as a business vehicle ! 2012-06-27 18.50.42.jpg

Pity you did`nt book the course for in the warmer months but you could cable tie some thick blanket type material to the van ceiling n sides to slow up the condensation dripping on you and get one of those cheap pop up tents in the back if it gets to damp n cold ? you can get small caravan chemical toilets or if near quiet spot a mini shovel to bury your crap.
Ive stayed in van a few times when working away in the past but would`nt fancy more than a week in it over the winter anymore.
I`ve got a proper insulated all year use camper van now and the difference is huge when using it away for jobs or holidays a home on wheels with everything you need to live full time in if wanted, saves a lot £ on digs and helps comply with H&S providing on site toilet and canteen etc if you got employees, so if you got a big tax bill get one as a business vehicle ! View attachment 9262
Can you do that. Put a camper as a business vehicle.

I only ask lodan as unless you particularly are wanting paperwork...bet the lads on here would be able to give you a week each on there jobs obviously still requires traveling but money you could save on not doing the course would cover digs as you go...

Good luck pal

Can you do that. Put a camper as a business vehicle.

Well it helps comply with the H&S list of stuff you gotta have on job for employees, and cheaper than digs so if used just for work it should be ok as a works vehicle, could also sign write it if wanted, checked with accountant and he could`nt fault it !
There used to be a guy on here who knew about tax n stuff maybe he`s still around ?

Get yourself some snares and you might get the odd rabbit or squirrel. If you see an untidy driveway you could always tell them you've got some Tarmac left over from a job and for £100 cash you cut cut them a deal