Using SBR before skimming

dddjjjhhh

Alright lads, I only ever used pva/blue grit depending on background before over skimming. But I’ve got a mess of a room that’s bare plaster, that another ‘plasterer’ has skimmed. Ive heard sbr is great for a job like this but never used it internally.

Just wondering what the best way is to go about using it? Can you skim over it dry or does it have to be tacky? Cheers

Why not just use pva yes bare plaster does have a higher suction but I prefer it takes less time on a set,
I agree mate. Just out of curiosity really, seen a fair few people say it kills the suction pretty much completely so wanted to give it a bash on a set and see what it’s like

Reskimming over skim (unpainted), PVA and skim goes lovely.

ideally need a but of suction or pull.

I'd only SBR (really diluted) as a sealer over something really porous like old lime s**t.

Sometimes you can over do it. Skimming over strong or neat sbr can be counter effective, s**t can slide and even blow.

I'd only SBR (really diluted) as a sealer over something really porous like old lime s**t.

Sometimes you can over do it. Skimming over strong or neat sbr can be counter effective, s**t can slide and even blow.
Cheers mate. You’ve covered everything I wanted to know there. I’ll be sticking with pva for sure lol

ffs.gif

ye must be desperate for work going over someone elses fuckup

you've obviously got no idea about suction control either......must've missed that bit on your apprenticeship/college course.

Neat sbr over a high suction background is just like pva, it doesn’t soak in and forms a film on the top which can pull off and blister

ye must be desperate for work going over someone elses fuckup

you've obviously got no idea about suction control either......must've missed that bit on your apprenticeship/college course.
Calm down old man. I’ve got plenty of work. Why would I turn down a job I can charge plenty for? Another happy customer that will contact me again and recommend me to other people, no brainer if you ask me.

I’ll never understand blokes like you, surely there’s nothing wrong with trying to gain a bit of extra knowledge?

Calm down old man. I’ve got plenty of work. Why would I turn down a job I can charge plenty for? Another happy customer that will contact me again and recommend me to other people, no brainer if you ask me.

I’ll never understand blokes like you, surely there’s nothing wrong with trying to gain a bit of extra knowledge?
that you Nath?

Ignore him bud he’s a dick head.

Alright lads, I only ever used pva/blue grit depending on background before over skimming. But I’ve got a mess of a room that’s bare plaster, that another ‘plasterer’ has skimmed. Ive heard sbr is great for a job like this but never used it internally.

Just wondering what the best way is to go about using it? Can you skim over it dry or does it have to be tacky? Cheers
Always use sbr now