Unstable wall

Members online

User________removed

Private Member
Anyone come across this before ??

Started a bedroom today, all the plaster is blown on one wall, the opposite of said wall is the staircase wall.
Anyway the old backing coat just pulled away nice and easy which then revealed loads of wires which look like reinforcing wires !! I say this because theres no stud work or brickwork lol just a staircase wall thats no more than 30mm thick and is wobbling to touch.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Wires running through the wall.

4.jpg

And again.

5.jpg

Heres the other side of it.

6.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 292
Called my builder pal out to have a look and he reckons it's a accident waiting to happen, the architect has suggested that some struts be screwed to the joists above and the floor below then board and skim !! Don't quite know how that's going to work as it's hard up to the door liner. The liner actually makes it look like a single block wall but it's just two lots of plastering back to back with wire in.

When was house built ? I'd of been so tempted to whack estwing straight through to have a look

Called my builder pal out to have a look and he reckons it's a accident waiting to happen, the architect has suggested that some struts be screwed to the joists above and the floor below then board and skim !! Don't quite know how that's going to work as it's hard up to the door liner. The liner actually makes it look like a single block wall but it's just two lots of plastering back to back with wire in.

yeah maybe doing a thinner stud wall :D we had to get creative with some space in our loft a very thin stud wall was made :D

I've seen walls made of 3 sheets of plasterboard...
25mm baton as frame, 12.5mm screwed to that, 15mm board dabbed within frame to that, then 12.5mm board dabbed to that and screwed to baton.
Like a plasterboard sandwich.
Most of the internal walls were like that in a £900,000 town house in East Dulwich!
Overall only 50mm thick wall...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

25mm baton as frame, 12.5mm screwed to that, 15mm board dabbed within frame to that, then 12.5mm board dabbed to that and screwed to baton.
Most of the internal walls were like that in a £900,000 town house in East Dulwich!

that method is called laminated.

We used to do laminated partitions. A 12.5mm board each side and a 19mm plank board plus a 12.5mm in the middle. All stuck with drywall adhesive. Real solid job.

I did a few sites of laminate back in the day , sort of half partition half dot and dab . Earnt good money cos other blokes on firm were f#cking useless at it [emoji2]

Have you got any further with it Noel ??

I pulled off mate and jumped back on with a builder I was on with prior.

Her architect has looked at it and suggested some support struts, don't quite know what he means but she seems happy enough. She's having some building work done there in the new year, so is going to get her builder to do it then ring me when it's ready for pink.

I pulled off mate and jumped back on with a builder I was on with prior.

Her architect has looked at it and suggested some support struts, don't quite know what he means but she seems happy enough. She's having some building work done there in the new year, so is going to get her builder to do it then ring me when it's ready for pink.
Ah that's good... least she is going the right way about it

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thats a paramount system

If you need unstable wall go here: movable walls Which provides sound reduction levels from Rw 30 dB to Rw 50 dB, where higher values represent the upper limit of Sound attenuation based on laboratory tests.

If you need unstable wall go here: movable walls Which provides sound reduction levels from Rw 30 dB to Rw 50 dB, where higher values represent the upper limit of Sound attenuation based on laboratory tests.
Definitely.
The substrated vernicular of the certain perpendicular varicose indicates movement on a subatomic level towards a ph of 7