The prep... How much plaster to remove off wall

Members online

No members online now.

Martyj27

With an SDS have got the bulk of the blown plaster off the walls to reveal the brick. In a small area I went around with a scraper and wire brush to remove small parts of plaster leftover.

As I'm doing it I'm wondering if I'm just being OCD and this is an unnecessary step before applying new hardwall?

Pic below...right hand side is where I've cleaned up with wire brush etc, lower left hand just SDS

20220121_115606.jpg

preparation is always good...

get the loose stuff off should e good enough but I am a bit like you so I would just take it all off and make sure teh background is good :D

preparation is always good...

get the loose stuff off should e good enough but I am a bit like you so I would just take it all off and make sure teh background is good :D
Good to hear, glad it's not a complete waste of time then!

I was always told take off what’s loose and what you can take off with you’re hand if you take an sds drill to anything even new render it will come off lol

Btw not saying you did anything wrong but just in case you have a small hole in you’re hall stairs and landing and get you’re sds drill out again before you get quotes x

Fairplay I've had a customer on a hsl this week that can't strip wallpaper off properly f**k**g t**t

On the one hand, your spread might appreciate you being thorough with getting blown plaster off the wall.

On the other hand, I hope he doesn't have a nightmare with you OCD-checking every step of his work....

Please tell me you're not one of those customers who stays in the room, to chat and watch trades. as they try to do an honest days work?

If you’re being honest you wouldn’t worry about them being standing there chatting to you

I hate it I’m not honest there stood there talking to you tiger stripes all over the shop I just stand there with cold sweat pissing down my eyeballs telling them Amazon’s just turned up quick f**k off so I can try and sort it out