Unifinish users

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skim_I

Hi guys have 1 wall to finish on a job on Friday thinking using unifinish for the first time. Is this a good back ground to use it. Hardwall, old skim and painted surface.
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1444251000.015438.jpg

He be fine bang it on quick don't poo your pants if it dry's quick time on some bits just second coat with abit of first mix ..flatten quick and lay in new second mix and flatten as normal it should all sort itself out towards the end

Used some unifinish this week for the first time in a year over very medium suction walls and an artex ceiling. It was lovely gear to use and because i scoop out of a bucket a lot was nice and workable for ages so i could have my wank breaks etc.
If i could get it at £6.50 that @theplasterman is getting it then i would use it more often, i still love micro though :love:

Used some unifinish this week for the first time in a year over very medium suction walls and an artex ceiling. It was lovely gear to use and because i scoop out of a bucket a lot was nice and workable for ages so i could have my wank breaks etc.
If i could get it at £6.50 that @theplasterman is getting it then i would use it more often, i still love micro though :love:
Glad u found it ok to use..have u got sig merchants anywhere near u

It was £6.90 not £6.50 plus vat at sig..also heard Jewsons doing it at £8 but I don't know if that included vat...

I think theres one in oldbury or perry barr which is an hour away but i will get my supplier Walls & Ceilings in Alcester to see if they can match them.
There's a pallet in Travis in Stratford. No idea what they are charging for it mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a pallet in Travis in Stratford. No idea what they are charging for it mind.

Yes I got a couple from there about 2weeks ago and it was £10 including vat
Noticed there were still a lot left and soon to be out of date.

The price will come down I am sure that what the merchants are doing is going in high and then slowly dropping it to see where they can charge the most for :)

There is a name for what they do just can't remember what it is

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Or it'll all be out of date before its sold.

Have you had a price off w&c? I was in there 2 weeks ago and didn't notice any in the shed with the normal skim in.

Or it'll all be out of date before its sold.

Have you had a price off w&c? I was in there 2 weeks ago and didn't notice any in the shed with the normal skim in.

No they dont stock it but you can get how many bags you want or a pallet which is 28 bags. They wernt doing much with the price 12 months ago, i paid £280 for the pallet and had no comebacks on any walls or ceilings i used them on.

No they dont stock it but you can get how many bags you want or a pallet which is 28 bags. They wernt doing much with the price 12 months ago, i paid £280 for the pallet and had no comebacks on any walls or ceilings i used them on.
Got to take my hat off to u bud...the only way to get use to using unifinish is to just go for it and find it's and your limit.so many people just don't have the balls to give something new a go.100% no issue with adhesion (people can't slate it for that)..price is now the issue ..why merchants charge so much for it is beyond me..thats why I big up sig at least they are trying to sell it instead of not giving a #### if it does or not ...my rant over

Hi guys used uni on Friday for first time. Didn't pva at all
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1444593729.486460.jpg

First coat pulled in fast on the hardwall area but after applying the second coat things looked good.
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1444593814.986241.jpg

After about 10 min it was starting to set different in areas of the wall.
Hardwall area going off quick, top part wasn't to bad but the bottom area took ages. I felt I was troweling the wall in sections.
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1444594280.779624.jpg

This was it finished

Hi guys used uni on Friday for first time. Didn't pva at all
View attachment 7542

First coat pulled in fast on the hardwall area but after applying the second coat things looked good.
View attachment 7543
After about 10 min it was starting to set different in areas of the wall.
Hardwall area going off quick, top part wasn't to bad but the bottom area took ages. I felt I was troweling the wall in sections.
View attachment 7544
This was it finished
Respect to @skim_I even if he did have a battle on with it I take my hat of again for having the balls ...looking at the pictures looks a ok to me ..had enough time to take the pictures ...more feed back please ...even if it's bad

Not really got bad feedback about this stuff this could happen when you use multi at times I suppose. Would like to try it on an artex ceiling next. Need the price of a bag to go down though

Got to take my hat off to u bud...the only way to get use to using unifinish is to just go for it and find it's and your limit.so many people just don't have the balls to give something new a go.100% no issue with adhesion (people can't slate it for that)..price is now the issue ..why merchants charge so much for it is beyond me..thats why I big up sig at least they are trying to sell it instead of not giving a #### if it does or not ...my rant over
A merchants near us buys its stock from sig!multi is around £7 a bag when the dreaded is added.

Status
Not open for further replies.