Unifinish questions

Members online

It was the consistency plasterman. I justs didnt get on with it you can see it's got some additives in it by the consistency. It was like there was an oils slick right across the ceiling or something like streaks or like someone has put way way to much tartar in a mix. I can see it okay for shiny painted that you would have to grit but that's all. Just my opinion and you seem to make it work for you so it's like one mans junk is the other mans treasure

It was the consistency plasterman. I justs didnt get on with it you can see it's got some additives in it by the consistency. It was like there was an oils slick right across the ceiling or something like streaks or like someone has put way way to much tartar in a mix. I can see it okay for shiny painted that you would have to grit but that's all. Just my opinion and you seem to make it work for you so it's like one mans junk is the other mans treasure
Might the problem be that it was out of date? Just asking.....

U 2 coat it pal :)

First coat with the uni and second with multi?

It wasn't criticism mate ,most people have mixed experience with it there so many different viables with plastering without being there or at any others no one can say why it went ok or didn't, i got a photographic memory when it comes to Uni-Finish threads there has been a few that said similar to your views and then carried on using it then liked it but also many that don't want to which is fair enough.

It wasn't criticism mate ,most people have mixed experience with it there so many different viables with plastering without being there or at any others no one can say why it went ok or didn't, i got a photographic memory when it comes to Uni-Finish threads there has been a few that said similar to your views and then carried on using it then liked it but also many that don't want to which is fair enough.
Photographic? Surely you mean selective?

No lodan I two coated with the uni? I didnt read the instructions just assumed it would be two caot from same gear? So second coat with board or multi?
Ive read a few on here who first coat uni and second multi....i got 5 artex ceiling tomorrow and the next day and bought some uni so will give it a go and report back

No lodan I two coated with the uni? I didnt read the instructions just assumed it would be two caot from same gear? So second coat with board or multi?
no mate that's just people Messing with the gear or trying to save money, I've got four bags I'm a bit dubious about using it even on plasterboard or pregrit. Had a mate working with me last week who had used it and said it wasn't the best to use said it went and felt a bit greasy like you mentioned.

You never used out of date gear since you started?
I wudnt purposely go out lodan and buy out of date gear..wants point wen its in with price is it really worth the risk in it shelling off or owt all for the sake of a few ££...if gear didn't go out of date there wudnt put dates on the bags

I wudnt purposely go out lodan and buy out of date gear..wants point wen its in with price is it really worth the risk in it shelling off or owt all for the sake of a few ££...if gear didn't go out of date there wudnt put dates on the bags
Same question as to bobby then, have you never used out of date gear

Ive read a few on here who first coat uni and second multi....i got 5 artex ceiling tomorrow and the next day and bought some uni so will give it a go and report back
And the uni is out of date(y)

Loads of grit in our 2day gibbo..feel abit bad as wen we used to have young lads working for us I rip into them about bits been in gear and not washing out properly lol..was the gear all along
Get it all the time like little black stones and i keep my buckets spotless mate gets right on my tits

Ive used out of date dotting b4 and it set in 10mins of mixing it..did I care not really as guys who's Job it was said use it and said it wasn't on my toes..I wud not use out of date gear on my own job

Ive used out of date dotting b4 and it set in 10mins of mixing it..did I care not really as guys who's Job it was said use it and said it wasn't on my toes..I wud not use out of date gear on my own job
Don't talk about the morals of using out of date gear if you dont give a shite as long as your not the fall guy