Unidentified spots -any ideas what this is and how I would treat it. In holiday home built 2007. More spots developed over last 2 years. ThankS

Marnigel

37F8733E-1AF3-450F-9C22-199EF3AE9581.jpeg

That reminds me of a job I did years ago where there was spotty mould spreading in a bedroom.

Lady had had some surveyor type out who said it was a certain mould/fungus/whatever that throws out spores and moves about

He said it burrows through the plaster and into the brick and you have to go back to brick, treat it with some anti-antichrist stuff (brushed on). Wait 24 hours and then can board and skim.

So that’s what I did.

Have never heard of it since. Anyone else ever heard of that?

That reminds me of a job I did years ago where there was spotty mould spreading in a bedroom.

Lady had had some surveyor type out who said it was a certain mould/fungus/whatever that throws out spores and moves about

He said it burrows through the plaster and into the brick and you have to go back to brick, treat it with some anti-antichrist stuff (brushed on). Wait 24 hours and then can board and skim.

So that’s what I did.

Have never heard of it since. Anyone else ever heard of that?
No. Surveyor was talking shite.

I TOLD YOU. Bloxx it and mould paint

Has the room got any ventilation. Mould can usually be dealt with by installing air bricks or an extractor fan. Two air bricks may be required in order to obtain air flow through the room. If the room has little ventilation the air will circulate around the room causing moister which will be attracted to a part of a room due to the atmospheric conditions within the room.

No. Surveyor was talking shite.

I TOLD YOU. Bloxx it and mould paint
Think he was thinking of dry rot, which can do that, but usually starts in timber - say wet wall battens/damp background. It's not nice stuff to live with - once it gets going it is self-fullfilling, saw it destroy one of my parents flats once, well after a mains leak (which had been fixed.)
Don't think this op's is that though.