uni-shite review

I'd not be using pva on silk paint
Microgobetis all day on that
It'll skim lovely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ive used pva on silk many a times..its getting pva'd and skimmed..il just sit around for a hour waiting for it to tack up got a fireplace to sort anyhow will be cushty..

Reactions: gps
Im working for a right milf next week, dont matter what gear I use its gonna come out s**t as going to be too busy working out how to rattle her bones to concentrate properly
Knowing you she'll probably get you back to replace the mattress as it's not the same as before you got in it........

And knowing you you'll buy her another one lol

Difficult gear.i hated it,but tried and tried to see if it worked.
Its a big learning curve ,i use it as base coat then top it with multi.
Cost not a issue passed on to customer.
It saves time when mastered.
The finish on its own i don't like.
I do know why most don't like it.
Took me at least 5 separate jobs to see it can work.most spreads will not give it time.i know why.

Enlighten us then ?

It saves time,,that's more important to me Stuart.some surfaces it doesn't save time.
It is trial and error with the stuff.that's why most guys hate it.i have expierenced it.it can be a c***t but once you get to know it,it saves time.again the finish it achieves on its own i don't like.but topped with multi or board finish its good.i said the same things as kitchy when i used it at start.Vince will remember, because i gave him a hard time about it too.
Amen to that brother!
I got proper exotic last wk and did a Uni magic mix over artex before 2nd coating with multi.
It`s never gonna be any use on old sand/lime or stuff that proper sucks but I do like to have a few bags in the van
They seem to have sorted the "wee white specks" problem they had and I hope they keep making it

I got eight bags yesterday from B and Q. They're three weeks out of date and the guy reduced them to a pound a bag. He told me to come back the first week in February when the next pallet would be out of date. I got half a pallet there a month or so ago at fifty pence a bag. They hardly sell any because it's too expensive. If it was six or even eight a bag I would use it. But not twelve.
Don't blame u no brainier pound a bag I brought 40 odd bags £1 of board finish just went out of date by a couple of weeeks to refurb a house up i say save when u can

Enlighten us then ?
It saves time when doing a full room on low to medium suction backgrounds.no prep,,,by the time its firm top it with multi,,,it has saved me a 2 + hours on average on a room.all depends on spec of room. I would prefer to be in my house earlier than have the extra few quid per bag in my pocket.look back at my thread slagging Vince off about this stuff last year.the stuff does have a place in the market but again i know why most guys don't like it.
Its a plaster of trial and error.
Once you find the scenario,surfaces
It saves time. It did not save me any time the first few times i used it.hanging about etc,,
The stuff is difficult i agree.
Just bin it if you don't like it.because i nearly did bin it but glad now i percivered.

Is the thread designed for a reaction from Vincey ?
Used uni recently- mixed fine - finished no problem- I'm not sponsored by BG either [emoji6]

The problem is lads get different plaster and except it to be like multi. But it's not multi. That is the problem with most plasterers. Won't change and give things ago. I had lads using mp finish and didn't like it the first day they where using it. So I called round to the job. I said what's the problem. They said we can't get on with it we are trowelling it the same times we do multi. My reply was are you f**k**g stupid does it say multi on the bag. NO then why think u trowel it at the same time ffs. Then I said did yous read the back of the bag NO. Then one of them says can you not just get us multi. I just said to him go home. Then I said to the other 3 do you want me to do a set and show you. OK. after I showed them they f**k**g loved it.

It saves time when doing a full room on low to medium suction backgrounds.no prep,,,by the time its firm top it with multi,,,it has saved me a 2 + hours on average on a room.all depends on spec of room. I would prefer to be in my house earlier than have the extra few quid per bag in my pocket.look back at my thread slagging Vince off about this stuff last year.the stuff does have a place in the market but again i know why most guys don't like it.
It saves time. It did not save me any time the first few times i used it.hanging about etc,,
Just bin it if you don't like it.because i nearly did bin it but glad now i percivered.
I remember :birra:

The problem is lads get different plaster and except it to be like multi. But it's not multi. That is the problem with most plasterers. Won't change and give things ago. I had lads using mp finish and didn't like it the first day they where using it. So I called round to the job. I said what's the problem. They said we can't get on with it we are trowelling it the same times we do multi. My reply was are you f**k**g stupid does it say multi on the bag. NO then why think u trowel it at the same time ffs. Then I said did yous read the back of the bag NO. Then one of them says can you not just get us multi. I just said to him go home. Then I said to the other 3 do you want me to do a set and show you. OK. after I showed them they f**k**g loved it.

MP finish on board is lovely stuff and IMO saves a trowel over BG gear, can just keep throwing it on and it stays workable for ages, even when it starts to change colour it's still workable.

I've not used Uni mostly because of cost and know where stocks it, I will give it a go though at some point because let be honest everyone's different, not everyone can change their process, some are just used to skimming on board day in day out and they just switch off and become robots, I struggle to be onsite any longer than a week or two as I feel my brain cells dwindling every day I'm there.

Wits this chat about people needing to change or learn to use it. It's not a f**k**g enigma it's very similar to multi with some slightly different characteristics all you need to do is touch it and it will tell you when it's ready to rub it's not rocket science. I don't think anyones struggling with it any half decent plasterer can get a reasonable finish with it but multi is more predictable and half the price.

Ud think with half of these comments plastering was brain surgery the gear is shite end of its fck all to do with changing ur ways its skimming for fucks sake nothing is more easier in the plastering trade than skimming 98% of plasterers cant be that stupid on there cant get used to different setting times etc its shite because its shite and it wont be here in 5 years because 98% of spreads thinks its s**t..ive never heard so much pony in my life tbh its skimming be it on plasterboard or over skim

And wat about wen I had about 15 2 ich square pockets going off on my wall that I pva'd twice I mite add? And y didn't I have it with multi? Is that my fault or the material im using?

Ud think with half of these comments plastering was brain surgery the gear is shite end of its fck all to do with changing ur ways its skimming for fucks sake nothing is more easier in the plastering trade than skimming 98% of plasterers cant be that stupid on there cant get used to different setting times etc its shite because its shite and it wont be here in 5 years because 98% of spreads thinks its s**t..ive never heard so much pony in my life tbh its skimming be it on plasterboard or over skim
Multi is s**t but u still use it. Lol plastering is G**. U have used uni once and giving up straight away. U are stuck in your ways. Even in a therad about airless u jumped on the defences saying it will never catch on yet it is far superior then multi. Plus it's getting more sales year on year. I've used airless it's the best finish out there. I've not used uni. But if I did I'd do a few jobs b4 I'd make my mind up. Am starting to think u mix skim with a stick lol u that stuck in your ways ;)

Multi is s**t but u still use it. Lol plastering is G**. U have used uni once and giving up straight away. U are stuck in your ways. Even in a therad about airless u jumped on the defences saying it will never catch on yet it is far superior then multi. Plus it's getting more sales year on year. I've used airless it's the best finish out there. I've not used uni. But if I did I'd do a few jobs b4 I'd make my mind up. Am starting to think u mix skim with a stick lol u that stuck in your ways ;)
I use bike wheel not a stick id have u know! Ur not even in plastering business anymore uf in bucket business so ur point isn't valid :)

I use bike wheel not a stick id have u know! Ur not even in plastering business anymore uf in bucket business so ur point isn't valid :)
I s**t u not I was mixing skim with a bike cog last week. It was my old man's I had his van and I only needed one bucket so I used it f**k**g good job. It tuck me back.

I sad enlighten us, to the point you said you know why the rest of us do not like it or use it ???

Because if it's anything other than it's too expensive and saves absolutely no time, in fact takes longer on artex ceilings to go off than pva and multi. Then it's bullocks

Last edited:
I sad enlighten us, to the point you said you know why the rest of us do not like it or use it ???

Because if it's anything other than it's too expensive and save absolutely no time, in fact takes longer on artex ceilings to go off than pva and multi. Then it's bullocks

Can you please not get involved lol