uni-shite review

Members online

No members online now.
I sad enlighten us, to the point you said you know why the rest of us do not like it or use it ???

Because if it's anything other than it's too expensive and saves absolutely no time, in fact takes longer on artex ceilings to go off than pva and multi. Then it's bullocks
Because if you only give it a few goes with it you will bin it.
It took me at least 5 separate occassions until i had a system that it was beneficial to me.most guys want it to work straight away and thats not unreasonable.
So i know why you hated it,,,,,i had the same expierence you had.

And wat about wen I had about 15 2 ich square pockets going off on my wall that I pva'd twice I mite add? And y didn't I have it with multi? Is that my fault or the material im using?
You can't really make a comparison on another wall every wall is different, why do you think you had 15 2inch square pockets going off? Maybe it was the PVA? I've used the gear on board and pre grit and it was beautiful gear to use reminded me of carlite, the White bits seemed odd but I didn't panic. Like Gibbo said its skimming and its skim its f**k**g simple, touch it or run your trowel across it and you will know if you know. I've not used it for its purpose ie over skimming artex and the reason for that is I always overboard, I don't even use multie :) thought I would pop in xx

Because if you only give it a few goes with it you will bin it.
It took me at least 5 separate occassions until i had a system that it was beneficial to me.most guys want it to work straight away and thats not unreasonable.
So i know why you hated it,,,,,i had the same expierence you had.

My experience is that pva and multi is cheaper and quicker so how will that change using it again ?
As vince will tell you I've used it twice on artex, it takes less than 5mins to pva an average ceiling, my method is this, sheet up and scrape back and glue then get gear in water etc by which time it's good to go.
Using uni the ceiling still needs prepping i.e. Scraping back so all you numptys who say its quicker are only fooling yourselves and leaving yourself out of pocket, but hey crack on ( if you can fine anywhere that stocks it lol )

My experience is that pva and multi is cheaper and quicker so how will that change using it again ?
As vince will tell you I've used it twice on artex, it takes less than 5mins to pva an average ceiling, my method is this, sheet up and scrape back and glue then get gear in water etc by which time it's good to go.
Using uni the ceiling still needs prepping i.e. Scraping back so all you numptys who say its quicker are only fooling yourselves and leaving yourself out of pocket, but hey crack on ( if you can fine anywhere that stocks it lol )
Made in smaller batches and is available at any merchants in u.k weather it's travis,sig or any other company, just have to ask and it can be delivered ,not all B&Q stores do stock but some do , by chance popped into my local travis and they have 2 pallets in now (which I didn't order in by the way),see travis price below,but sig do best price I found so far of £8.16 inc vat (thought it might be worth a mention) :hola:
IMG_0796.JPG

Made in smaller batches and is available at any merchants in u.k weather it's travis,sig or any other company, just have to ask and it can be delivered ,not all B&Q stores do stock but some do , by chance popped into my local travis and they have 2 pallets in now (which I didn't order in by the way),see travis price below,but sig do best price I found so far of £8.16 inc vat (thought it might be worth a mention) :hola:
View attachment 15021

Not sure why you thought that no one is interested, and btw more bullshit it's not available at any merchant in U.K. Lol. I agree they may be able to order in if you buy a pallet but that's it, it's not being stocked lol

You can't really make a comparison on another wall every wall is different, why do you think you had 15 2inch square pockets going off? Maybe it was the PVA? I've used the gear on board and pre grit and it was beautiful gear to use reminded me of carlite, the White bits seemed odd but I didn't panic. Like Gibbo said its skimming and its skim its f**k**g simple, touch it or run your trowel across it and you will know if you know. I've not used it for its purpose ie over skimming artex and the reason for that is I always overboard, I don't even use multie :) thought I would pop in xx
It was exactly the Same surface I went over..100% exactly the Same I'm not getting into debate about this its shite gear and that's my opinion

It was exactly the Same surface I went over..100% exactly the Same I'm not getting into debate about this its shite gear and that's my opinion

I find fifa 15 better and easier than 17.
Maybe its cause im stuck in my ways ...or maybe 17 is actually shhite.
Who knows who cares kitchy .....il stick to 15.
(Until 18 comes out!!)

Fcking hell ye that's it! Maybe its because I used water from bathroom and wen I used multi I used water from kitchen..never cud be the actual plaster eh

Reactions: gps
I'm still coming to terms with Flynnyman seemingly being on the same wave length/kind of agreeing with Vince or did the 2 beers and curry go to my head!

On that note if you had a korma from one place and it was nice and a korma from another but was s**t does that make it good or s**t in genera???!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still coming to terms with Flynnyman seemingly being on the same wave length/kind of agreeing with Vince or did the 2 beers and curry go to my head!

On that note if you had a korma from one place and it was nice and a korma from another but was s**t does that make it good or s**t in genera???!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a chicken tikka balti from akbars last sat fcking beautiful it was

U on them g&ts again lol??

No mate ....them g&ts are for soft fannies.
Back on the irish coffees tonight.
They seem to hit the spot better.
Just wrapped up a huge persimmon house in 3 half days all weekend... £1250.
Gotta do a morris 1 £1150 before thursday.
Believe me ...it numbs work.
Then thats me done till next year.

Attachments

• 20161204_204905.jpg
    20161204_204905.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 215
  • 20161204_191048.jpg
    20161204_191048.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 241
Not sure why you thought that no one is interested, and btw more bullshit it's not available at any merchant in U.K. Lol. I agree they may be able to order in if you buy a pallet but that's it, it's not being stocked lol
If you can buy it, its available

If you can buy it, its available

Not readily though and only if you buy bulk, I've said before domestic spreads buy mostly from wickes and b&q neither stock it really which means it's doomed. Do @BritishGypsum listen to us ? No wickes and b&q have listened we don't need or want this over priced product.

Last edited:
Not readily though and only one if you buy bulk, I've said before domestic spreads buy mostly from wickes and b&q neither stock it really which means it's doomed. Do @BritishGypsum listen to us ? No wickes and b&q have listened we don't need or want this over priced product.
Ive been going a year and my b and q has never been without it, they have a pallet of multi and uni near the trade door...the uni sells mostly...current pallet is mid march expirey and probably about half left....i got some out of date cheap once but only time I seen it run over

Ive been going a year and my b and q has never been without it, they have a pallet of multi and uni near the trade door...the uni sells mostly...current pallet is mid march expirey and probably about half left....i got some out of date cheap once but only time I seen it run over

Now your talking bullshit

And I'll qualify that by saying uni does not out sell multi anywhere guaranteed hence your bull s**t

And I'll qualify that by saying uni does not out sell multi anywhere guaranteed hence your bull s**t
Didnt say that mate, they have 2 pallets next to trade door, one multi and one uni...when I said the uni sells mostly I meant in general it sells not that it outsells multi...im not daft

Your just mugging yourself off my friend
Refer to my post after this one if I say something sells mostly I mean in general it sells my reigonal dialect causing me bother

Reactions: gps
In Basingstoke we have homebase, wickes, b&q, travis perkins, jewson, buildbase and magnets. None of em stock it. I'd try it if they did.

In Basingstoke we have homebase, wickes, b&q, travis perkins, jewson, buildbase and magnets. None of em stock it. I'd try it if they did.
My b and q and perkins stock it...wickes dont but last time I went there they had run out of stock of multi, jewsons and buildbase dont and theyre the only ones ive been to...my homebase dont stock bonding or hardwall

Uk wide I'd be surprised if for 1000 multi sold 1 bag of uni is sold
Agree.....probably not even that, probably not even close...still can have a niche place in the market though

I'd still like to give it a go on the jobs where I've got a painted artex ceiling to skim, but no where near me stocks it. The nearest place that does it is in Exeter 20 miles away

Hi Cornelius, thanks for your feedback on stockists of UniFinish. Thistle UniFinish is available through our normal stockists but not all branches take it. If you let us know exactly which merchant and branch you normally use and your contact number, we will look into this for you with them. Thanks