uni-shite review

uni-king

Private Member
Basically used uni finish yestarday and Il admit was my fault putting it onto wrong background thinking it wud need no prep etc anyway thought rite Il give it another go as I've got couple bags left ive pva'd the walls yes pva'd the walls even tho its uni finish and its still shite it takes ages to mix f**k knows y and wen it is mixed its like spreading glue,sets in patches in doing a wall now and there's about 10 little patches going off wen rest of wall is wet..guys stay away from this shite its called uni finish and its only gud for artex and silk paint surfaces? Y call it uni finish then isn't uni ment to stand for universal I.e can skim any background! Vince has done me up like a kipper! Final words its shite

Haha take it you don't like it then .. you will upset vince with this post .. I used it on a 25 sqm ceiling first time I used it over artex I loved it but not used it since.

Haha take it you don't like it then .. you will upset vince with this post .. I used it on a 25 sqm ceiling first time I used it over artex I loved it but not used it since.
Ye it mite be ok on stipple artex but y is it called uni finish? Y not specify it for artex and not making out it covers all backgrounds? It says u can use it on backing plaster!? Ye course u can

Starting to believe flynny bob os rite and Vince has got some sort of deal with bg! He's even in catalogue at trade point plugging the f**k*r lol..

Ye it mite be ok on stipple artex but y is it called uni finish? Y not specify it for artex and not making out it covers all backgrounds? It says u can use it on backing plaster!? Ye course u can

OK rename it but don't scrap it. It's excellent on silk finish artex. 50% of my work is going over that. It's helped me no end. No affiliation with any corporation either, just my view.

IMG_0809.JPG
IMG_0816.JPG

:wtf: I be back tonight to defend my views site boy, please take no offence from my assassination of yet another knuckle head site plonk when I do , until tonight here is a couple of pictures from yesterday in the s**t prepared kitchen i doing with it, :banda:

Vince its shite! Mixes up shite,putting it on is like spreading glue and it goes over about 2 different backgrounds at a push

Ps this is why I asked if u had mixed up already yesterday because I knew you probably just chuck it on with no thought of assessing job in hand and material being used just goes to show that like a lot of spreads that think they know what they doing everyday can be a school day.
:rebotando:

Fair play to British gypsum they had a go at fixing a non existing problem,
It's rubbish end of.
It's quicker and cheaper using pva and multi/board finish.
If you have to still pva some backgrounds or even 3 coats as it says what's the point. Stevenage b&q had some for a £1 yesterday I did debate it but thought naa.

Ps this is why I asked if u had mixed up already yesterday because I knew you probably just chuck it on with no thought of assessing job in hand and material being used just goes to show that like a lot of spreads that think they know what they doing everyday can be a school day.
:rebotando:

No button for it so I'll just say it "FUNNY"

View attachment 14973 View attachment 14974
:wtf: I be back tonight to defend my views site boy, please take no offence from my assassination of yet another knuckle head site plonk when I do , until tonight here is a couple of pictures from yesterday in the s**t prepared kitchen i doing with it, :banda:
shame they didn`t board out the rsj, would`ve been nicer to tie it in with the wall you skimmed

shame they didn`t board out the rsj, would`ve been nicer to tie it in with the wall you skimmed
Redoing all noggs they pulled out with my fingers oh and have had to redo boarding around sockets as well this is another checkershite :)lol:) attempt I trying to salvage, kitschy thinks he having a bad day, anyway stuff um! Back to topic :popcorn:
IMG_0804.JPG

Redoing all noggs they pulled out with my fingers oh and have had to redo boarding around sockets as well this is another checkershite :)lol:) attempt I trying to salvage, kitschy thinks he having a bad day, anyway stuff um! Back to topic :popcorn:
View attachment 14975
Puzzled by the puzzle

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

View attachment 14975
I bet there have cut wires out as I bet if u dot over them wires u will have no window bottom left..them wires need chasing into wall that window bottom is tight as..just saying..sticking up for my checkanumpty possy

It's great just make sure you 3 coat it. Or lay in with multi or pray the suction is all equal or have all day to wait for it to take up or....

It's brilliant but - all to save 10 minutes rolling glue on the substrate.

I agree it's shite. Tenner a bag the c**ts at BG want shooting.

Lots of things over the years have been manufactured for one specific purpose but then it's discovered it has a better use elsewhere,if you think UNI is better used for silk walls or artex then use it.If I had seen it at a £1.00 a bag and I had a ceiling or wall to skim and I knew it will do the job then why not,perhaps if anyone can think of what be the best surface they have used UNI ,with or without PVA and let everyone know.

View attachment 14975
Hope u arnt connecting back up u get arrested by the part p police

Any vids pictures of the nicotine patches anyway @Vincey how do u get over the patch just bang more gear on ,really u do end up 3 coating on old walls don't u
10 coating more like..literally had about 15 2 inch square patches all over the wall and I pvad it b4! Guess wat I skimmed other wall with multi and guess wat..no patches at all going off..explain that 1 vincey wincey

I did a review of unifinish mark 2 and the set I did went fine , 30 m2 ish scratched 2 bags layed in 1 no problems. Rubbed up lovely. Did I use it again..no. 1 simple reason; I've been plastering nearly 60 years ( I'm 82 now) and have plastered over 10 millions square metres using pva with no comebacks, no failure and no lack of quality issues.i never struggle with timings because of the aforementioned experience. To quote no one in particular "if it ain't broke, always wash your hands before you masterbate "

I did a review of unifinish mark 2 and the set I did went fine , 30 m2 ish scratched 2 bags layed in 1 no problems. Rubbed up lovely. Did I use it again..no. 1 simple reason; I've been plastering nearly 60 years ( I'm 82 now) and have plastered over 10 millions square metres using pva with no comebacks, no failure and no lack of quality issues.i never struggle with timings because of the aforementioned experience. To quote no one in particular "if it ain't broke, always wash your hands before you masterbate "
I Remember any chance of the self indulgent 30 minute vid resurfacing again just for @Vincey

First coat with uni lay in with multi.... What's the problem?
9/10 times Once someone has not had good experience it's game over in plaster world , some might/do ,so ain't worth trying to even debate it with some , pride dented for not reading back of bag or having to change way wall is skimmed,to me that's same as looking at a painted exterior brick wall on a house and thinking I'll just bang a load of monocouche on that and be fine. Uni feels gluey ? lol well yeah that's right a latex,smooth kind of feel different to multi with different additives in there to make it adhere to surface then there's the 1 million threads on here (somewhere) that are packed with advice,there is information on Bg website , videos online and even the offer of experienced spreads to come and advise and help/make sure first attempt with new products goes ok but fair enough most wouldn't think they need or should have to ask for that.I bet Bg could of r******d uni to make it last longer on high suction if they wanted (not forgetting it's been said on loads as threads on here as well you'd be crazy to not try to control it) but then how long would it of taken to go off on low suction (they would of had to make 2 different time setting bags). Paint coming away from surface that isn't stable could/would of happened with any plaster and pva.
10 minutes to roll pva , yeah but how long to dry and be ready (let's be honest) we all know it ain't always gonna be ready in 10 minutes all the time! As for 3 coats some of you make it sound like it's mixing up 3 different bags when all that it is another tight coat from one of the 2 mixes, nothing special or time consuming or confusing really just making a good job.
If someone don't like unifinish don't use it, simple.
If someone does , it doesn't mean they getting paid or have "some deal" about it , just maybe more of a brain than some of the half wit knuckle face site toilet seat shitting numb skulls do on here.

:numberone:

Someone at BG typed that out for you vince?

In fairness - you say in the plaster world(?) if someone has a bad experience its game over - that's b*ll***s. But if people have a bad experience using an overpriced product that isn't needed in the first place it's most definitely game over ...for Uni.

:popcorn:
Suck a duck everyone coming out to play tonight, No holds bar , brilliant still not ever seen a relivant or informative,helpful post yet if you orange man maybe there was on your other username before you became machine don of uk.
Someone at BG typed that out for you vince?

In fairness - you say in the plaster world(?) if someone has a bad experience its game over - that's b*ll***s. But if people have a bad experience using an overpriced product that isn't needed in the first place it's most definitely game over ...for Uni.
and maybe in plaster world could say same about imported trowels that people make noise about hey ?
:popcorn: