uni-finish

Members online

Not v quick.u should use a spot and stand,much quicker than scooping out the bucket,i know you wont like this comment coz you think your the dogs b*ll***s lol,but its true

Has anyone any Idea where you can even buy this? I'm down West Sussex way and can't find uni finish it
The magnetic plaster

Has anyone any Idea where you can even buy this? I'm down West Sussex way and can't find uni finish it
The magnetic plaster

There is a pallet load in worthing buddy :) Jewsons I think :) I went there to pick mine up a couple of weeks back :)

The magnetic will always be a special order Travis can get it in for you and wickes can but that is desperate prices... If you want to see some magnetic in the flesh I will be using it again in a week or so and I live in west sussex :D Your more than welcome to come round and bosh some walls on :)

Iv just seen this @Danny, let me know where you are in West Sussex.
I want to have a play around with this magnetic stuff so give me a Pm

Jimmy

Last edited by a moderator:
Iv just seen this @Danny, let me know where you are in West Sussex.
I want to have a play around with this magnetic stuff so give me a Pm

Jimmy

Travis can can buy it on spec for you, I'm paying less than £50 a bag. Ask em, they may say they have to buy a pallet.....if they do, tell em to rewind and speak to their BG rep, BG will add it to their regular stock orders in single bags. May take a week to arrive but far cheaper than wickes.

Right had a customer request I use this on a job don't know why and didn't ask after 3 days of trying to get hold of some selco ordered me some in and it's 3 weeks out of date!! I refused to take it and explained why they said we will do it cheap haha anyway they said all there stock is out of date as they have no call for it and won't be stocking anymore so do any of you lads know where I can get some around here ?

your the pro advise why you are wary of using and that have no experience or confidence in the product! and that you cant guarantee the results or work and that it will be cheaper with multi and its tried and tested....

feck making life any harder than it needs to be imo!!!

all though I wish I did bloody work 2hrs of my life today pva,ing that im never gun get back!!!

your the pro advise why you are wary of using and that have no experience or confidence in the product! and that you cant guarantee the results or work and that it will be cheaper with multi and its tried and tested....

feck making life any harder than it needs to be imo!!!

all though I wish I did bloody work 2hrs of my life today pva,ing that im never gun get back!!!

Thing is zombie I do want to try it out anyway so would have been perfect opportunity I've just come off the phone to customer and he's willing to sign a disclaimer before incase it fails as I've explained everything to him but he's adamant on using the stuff . I can't think for the life of me why he won't just pva n multi but he won't it's a silk ceiling which I've done loads of in the usual way but the bugger ain't having it and I can't bleeding get any uni finish!!!

Hi I Believe Travis Perkins Are Stocking It And Are Doing IT At A Discount Price To Get It In To The Market Place

Just rang travis they don't have any said there's a shortage and they don't know if they will be having any again! I don't think Ile be able to get any travis , selco , jewsons none of them have it !

It's a joke they want you to use it but every merchant I've spoken to said they won't have it again due to the problems they have had with it failing I just rang carvers they don't do it and tippers have said they won't touch it again as they had that many come backs off it it was unreal , I think I'm going to have to talk this geezer round to comin off the idea of using it but it's gonna be a long conversation I feel!

Travis can can buy it on spec for you, I'm paying less than £50 a bag. Ask em, they may say they have to buy a pallet.....if they do, tell em to rewind and speak to their BG rep, BG will add it to their regular stock orders in single bags. May take a week to arrive but far cheaper than wickes.
Which Travis are giving you the Magnetic for less than £50 give me their number coz I haven't heard it that cheap.

It's a joke they want you to use it but every merchant I've spoken to said they won't have it again due to the problems they have had with it failing I just rang carvers they don't do it and tippers have said they won't touch it again as they had that many come backs off it it was unreal , I think I'm going to have to talk this geezer round to comin off the idea of using it but it's gonna be a long conversation I feel!
Its a shame about this,clearly needs tweaking to build up a new trusted relationship with the merchants,it is on the right path to be a great product.

This does need sorting out if they want to push it list of merchants I tried was selco , jewsons , travis , carvers ,tippers not one of them have apart from selco who as I said tried to flog me bags 3 weeks out of date makes you look a bit of a fool a plasterer who can't get requested plaster!

Not sure this is the right thread however, TP in Yeovil have sold it to me for £48+vat, in 4 bag quantities.
Was that An Account or have you still got the receipt? Not calling you a liar but if it's true this could bring the price right down :)

Was that An Account or have you still got the receipt? Not calling you a liar but if it's true this could bring the price right down :)
Well, I will have the invoice and it was on my credit account, yes. All merchants are the same, just tell em you can buy it for £60 inclusive from jewson and they'll sell their own kin to get under a competitors price!

Well, I will have the invoice and it was on my credit account, yes. All merchants are the same, just tell em you can buy it for £60 inclusive from jewson and they'll sell their own kin to get under a competitors price!
Good man post it up if you can find it a lot I've tried are not coming down on the price :)

can you go over distemper with unifinish :RpS_unsure: i would buy it for that. if i could find it.

was finishing a five day job yesterday. three floors hall stairs landing in an old victorian. put the last two ceilings on on the ground floor and started packing the gear away and ended up having to scrape it off :RpS_cursing: now have to go back monday and put everything back by a day. should have realised. tye signs were there but just wanted to finish :-(

for me its all about artex, the set in this vid using pva would have taken 30-40 mins longer . perhaps an hour.

its the low suction surfaces where this product will benefit plasterers

. artex or glossy paint
That comment by the young man @Olican is definitely still the case now