uni-finish

Members online

I love the way at the end of the vid it says "tried & tested"
I'm sure they said that last time :RpS_lol:

I'd like to to know how they tested it to see if it doesn't shell off :)

Well that was 3 minutes of entertainment that i will never get back. Could of been on redtube and had a wank as the mrs aint here than watch that.
Impressed .. not really

i kinda see what BG are trying to do , but as a plasterer they are giving me nothing that i want , just go back to making plasters for certain / indavidual types of backgrounds , just go back to go forward , plasters were so much better before you started fooking around to make money for share holders

I love the way at the end of the vid it says "tried & tested"
I'm sure they said that last time :RpS_lol:

I'd like to to know how they tested it to see if it doesn't shell off :)

It actually said it was tried & tested by you....................................:-0

Can believe your a BG "yes man".............................................bloody turn coat

i realy want this product to be mint however surely if your there staring at the wall before you start knowing that on those mega porous aresas are going to be a drama I just cant imagine not paving at least those areas as hes had to adapt how hes working to accomidate the product when it should be the other way around

ie the product should have enough meat about it to not be overly affected in the first place or am i missing summet? dunno???:RpS_confused:

i realy want this product to be mint however surely if your there staring at the wall before you start knowing that on those mega porous aresas are going to be a drama I just cant imagine not paving at least those areas as hes had to adapt how hes working to accomidate the product when it should be the other way around

ie the product should have enough meat about it to not be overly affected in the first place or am i missing summet? dunno???:RpS_confused:

why do you wanna pave them for..........................your skimming not laying slab, man..............................:RpS_biggrin:

why do you wanna pave them for..........................your skimming not laying slab, man..............................:RpS_biggrin:

gulp...coz imbetween sets I knock on old peoples doors to try and tarmac there drives:RpS_blushing: / cant spell:RpS_blushing:

It actually said it was tried & tested by you....................................:-0

Can believe your a BG "yes man".............................................bloody turn coat

It wasn't me marra, it was that big blonde s*x god from Devon Olican :RpS_love:

cheers John, I tried to cover the basics, timing, coverage, suction etc.

and you never made a reference to s*x - either giving or receiving :RpS_lol:- you should cross over to the dark side and become a teacher :RpS_thumbsup:

It's crack resistent too as he didn't seem to put any mesh or fibres over the ones on the lime wall!
No comebacks so far from Oli and Arti and Scottie who used it a while back?
Needs to be tested with feedback for another 6 months IMO.

It's crack resistent too as he didn't seem to put any mesh or fibres over the ones on the lime wall!
No comebacks so far from Oli and Arti and Scottie who used it a while back?
Needs to be tested with feedback for another 6 months IMO.

I'm going back to the job in my video in a couple of months to render the outside so I will check those walls with a hammer.......:RpS_thumbsup:

I've done one of these vids and I'm dreading seeing it. Used 15 bags of the stuff and not that impressed with it. During filming on high suction walls I was told to go straight back over my first coat with the same stuff as it was pulling in so fast. My reply was if I'd just pva'd it I'd have been fine. Why three coat with more expensive gear??

I've done one of these vids and I'm dreading seeing it. Used 15 bags of the stuff and not that impressed with it. During filming on high suction walls I was told to go straight back over my first coat with the same stuff as it was pulling in so fast. My reply was if I'd just pva'd it I'd have been fine. Why three coat with more expensive gear??

Exactly Scottie. It's maybe useful for blokes who use bondit or Betakontakt on painted backgrounds and want to just skim straight off. High suction with PvA will be ready to skim in no time.
I used PvA on painted walls for first time in a long time recently and noticed the skim separating in the odd isolated area but knew from past experience to leave it pull in and second coat with no problems. I use micro and PvA as my bonding agents and can't see me needing unifinish.

I don't understand why folk feel the need to use expensive products when pva does the job

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't pva a high suction area, it will dry out quick enough. For me the only use to this product would be for glossy areas where pva hangs around.

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't pva a high suction area, it will dry out quick enough. For me the only use to this product would be for glossy areas where pva hangs around.

Definitely, I done a small wall and a large wall, the small wall was pulling in as soon as I layed on but the large wall was fine. It was agreed that if the larger wall had pulled in the same we would have been in trouble. I used it over a few backgrounds and I found if you gave any high suction areas a quick pva the plaster was lovely to use. I think it is a better plaster than multi but the no pva thing is the wrong way to be marketing it imo.

im a lazy **** and if this works and its not over priced i would use it

You'll find yourself working harder to get a good finish, pulling your internal trowel down corners and it chews and tears and having to give an extra coat if needed...

Stick with pva

On the plus side, we had high suction walls that even three coats of pva was giving us trouble with multi. Gave two walls a quick pva day before then went straight on with unifinish and it was lovely to use, like going over plasterboard with multi. There is a product there I just think going down the whole break free from pva route is misleading.