uni-finish

Members online

good review oli, whats it like to mix and texture of it does it feel any different in any way to multi, are the bags any stronger

good review oli, whats it like to mix and texture of it does it feel any different in any way to multi, are the bags any stronger

cheers Hector , mixing doesnt feel any different but laying on it does feel more like board finish than multi. It does cream up nicely, should have mentioned that in the vid really.

how much was the original uni? it was over atenner a bag wasn't it? cant see the point.

Oh they knew it was wrong and it would come of my next bill. Did it though, did it buggery . Am now using another builders yard that do try their best for good prices on gear, Rather than this is what it is so lump it. This week i decided to compare the 2 firms on a bit of gear. My new merchant came in at 774.90 . the other that i used came in just over a grand. Nice mark up i thought

Oh they knew it was wrong and it would come of my next bill. Did it though, did it buggery . Am now using another builders yard that do try their best for good prices on gear, Rather than this is what it is so lump it. This week i decided to compare the 2 firms on a bit of gear. My new merchant came in at 774.90 . the other that i used came in just over a grand. Nice mark up i thought

I've never understood the pricing system with merchants. One will give me cheap plaster but boards a bit dearer, other cheap boards but plaster a bit dearer. Same with coving and beads. Sometimes spend an hour in the morning going round all the merchants picking stuff up for a job. E

I've never understood the pricing system with merchants. One will give me cheap plaster but boards a bit dearer, other cheap boards but plaster a bit dearer. Same with coving and beads. Sometimes spend an hour in the morning going round all the merchants picking stuff up for a job. E

or just get all from 1 and just pass the cost onto the job/customer...fek all that theres only 1 things important in a morning café!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

or just get all from 1 and just pass the cost onto the job/customer...fek all that theres only 1 things important in a morning café!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

Grudge every penny though, the way I see it is you price as high as you can for jobs and buy mats as low as you can although the amount of desiel and time wasted I'd be as well buy from the one but I'm stubborn that way.

im with you there zombie i hate missing the cafe in the morning:RpS_cursing: the other day i was ment to go to the cafe then my job got changed at the last min giving me noo time then i was rushed off me feet all day by the time id got home i worked it out i haddnt eaten in 30 hours:RpS_crying:

Last edited:
it's the old 'loss leader system' that we studied in school ,supermarkets do it to us all the time

Grudge every penny though, the way I see it is you price as high as you can for jobs and buy mats as low as you can although the amount of desiel and time wasted I'd be as well buy from the one but I'm stubborn that way.
That's the Scottish in ya stu :RpS_lol:

The sell goods at a loss to entice you in and believe that you won't notice the costs on the other items, they all do it, selco ,cheap plaster and beads and scrim expensive to get the profits back
All the plaster prices seem much of a much to me john

All the plaster prices seem much of a much to me john
Not true, some charge ,walk ins high rates,regulars lower rates, big buyers lower still,but on the bits and bobs ,roll of scrim,duck tape, skim beads pva, they hit you hard, there is a difference between,jewsons,travis,seco,wickes on price ,that's why selco will price match if you show verifiable costs from elsewhere they will match it

Not true, some charge ,walk ins high rates,regulars lower rates, big buyers lower still,but on the bits and bobs ,roll of scrim,duck tape, skim beads pva, they hit you hard, there is a difference between,jewsons,travis,seco,wickes on price ,that's why selco will price match if you show verifiable costs from elsewhere they will match it
As I say give or take 20/30/40p I pay the same where ever I go

Tell a lie Gibbs and dandy in east dulwich robbed me of 9 quid a bag of bonding , robbing fu ckers

The one thing i have never quite got my head round in plaster prices per bag is the fact that i have asked my merchant why they charge me about 90p a bag more than wickes. Even though im set up on account for the best prices. I get told its because wickes buy a lot more from gypsum so get it cheaper and pass that on to the customer. This merchant has 20 branches , So they must buy a lot of gear. What i would like to know does @BritishGypsum sell all their pallets of plaster at the same rate to all . I got the feeling when at east leake while talking about magnetic prices. British gypsum sell this at one cost and was told its then the merchants that decide how much they add on the cost. If that is the case i have come to the conclusion that most merchants are money grabbing ,talk a load of utter rubbish Bastards

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid £18 at TP for 2 bags of UF1 (Uni Finish 1) :RpS_cursing:
Never used them after I saw all the reviews of shelling off FFS!! :RpS_cursing:

Still got them in the garage.
@BritishGypsum any chance of a refund?? :huh:

They said fill a form in & they will give you cost of a bag back.
So would've been £9 for 2 bags £4.50 each, was only reason I bought it lol.

Last edited:
i was in stretham on monday and had to buy a bag of bonding and bag of finish............came to 26 quid :RpS_scared: