uni finish cost£££££££

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've got to say we get looked after very well by TP. I can't be bothered to shop around for the best price on every item we use so apart from beads and scrim we get just about everything from TP. Most items are the same or cheaper than at other merchants and they always get the gear to us quickly and in good condition. We've built up a good working relationship with three or four of the most efficient people in branch and it pays off. We recently got a new Makita DAB radio from them and the manager came out to the counter and let us have it for £98.

Same i'm with Travis, and there great, i also got one of those radios a few months back, best thing i ever bought..

How did you get on with the uni finish Marra? You used it yet?

Used it today on our porch and i found it was ok.The walls were painted with silk emulsion and i wasnt expecting the 1st coat to suck in as fast as it did but once i got the 2nd on it seemed to hang for ages. not sure if its was the porch being fewkin freezing cold or it just hung like you would expect if you had PVA'd silk emulsion.

troweling it up felt just how multi finish has been lately. a bit like troweling treacle and 2 waters just felt like normal finish....The set took about the same time as multi would...it smells nicer than multi.......:RpS_thumbup:

So in conclusion .............its just like multi.......it would save time on smooth surfaces but i would normally blue grit silk emulsion anyway which means preping the day before Blah blah blah.........a better test would be on a wall with different back grounds to see how it faired

Time to put my feedback onto the BG website and get my cash back for the bag of Uni..............:RpS_thumbup:

Ok. so it smells better than multi? How does. it taste tho? Just in case herds wants to know,you know how he likes to dine on various plasters.:-0

He'll have to stump up some cash and by some.......im trying to give it up.......:-(

i no iv said this bordering on 5000 times now, but.... when arti just said about uni finish, and said it saves time coz he blue grits the night before, has no1 seriously tried micro. you can get on it as soon as its touch dry, which on silk is say an hour. so by the time your set up and had a cuppa its ready and on other backgrounds its quicker.

Hi newbee here. just skimmed a 14x10 artexed ceiling with uni.it took 3 bags over a rippled texture all 3 coats were difficult as puling in as quick as i could put them on.not struggled like this in 30 years of plastering not even when i started.will stick to sealing conventional way and multi finish too much like hard work.

The first coat reacts like multi on any untreated dry surface. It's not until you second coat that it becomes workable. Hey. it's a kind of magic!!! Apart from the price lol

:-0........he's using his marshalltown as a chisel to get them tiles off................:RpS_crying:

hi newbee here. Just skimmed a 14x10 artexed ceiling with uni.it took 3 bags over a rippled texture all 3 coats were difficult as puling in as quick as i could put them on.not struggled like this in 30 years of plastering not even when i started.will stick to sealing conventional way and multi finish too much like hard work.

3 coats!! :-0

Trowel float trowel..................its the only way over artex.....................:RpS_thumbup:

Fcuk that Marra 2coats max :RpS_thumbup:

3 coats of uni ffs must have cost a fortune for that ceiling :RpS_scared:

Lmao TP said £8.90 + VAT per bag :RpS_laugh:
He told me BG said they have been told not to discount it to anyone :RpS_lol:

Lmao TP said £8.90 + VAT per bag :RpS_laugh:
He told me BG said they have been told not to discount it to anyone :RpS_lol:

Thats how much of a bunch of greedy c@nts they are at TP.....its got stamped on all the bags an RRP of £8.49..............:RpS_thumbdn:

3 coats!! :-0
yes 3 coats cos each pulled in. i was expecting it with first coat, second i thought as no pva required (says on bag)would hang a bit but oh no straight onto 3rd bag it came back a bit with 3rd and lots of splashing. £9.00 a bag from travis.the artex was painted with vynil matt. i was cream crackered when finished didnt get chance to stop and fart.

Still think of all the hassle it saved you rolling a bit of pva on the ceiling :RpS_unsure:

Thats how much of a bunch of greedy c@nts they are at TP.....its got stamped on all the bags an RRP of £8.49..............:RpS_thumbdn:
Actually maybe he did say £8:50 Marra I was to busy laughing :RpS_biggrin:But it's still plus vat so £10ish a bag ffs :-0

Selco doing it for about £5.80 plus vat , was def under £5.99. Had paint to cover and some new board in places, worked well but got muscles like popeye!

did ya have enough to do a whole room like the Bg vid ?? lol

it was only a little porch and ive got half a bag left if anyone wants it............for £5.............:RpS_wink:. probably get at least 20m2 out of it...............:RpS_thumbup:

Just seen a pallet full at our merchents (Keyline), asked how much and they said £7.60+vat a bag to us. One of the yard lads couldn't believe it when I told him it'd be round 9 or 10 quid a bag so he came in the shop to find out when I asked.

Might give it a go on a small job if it takes a bag or under though my mates cautious and said he'd want to pva it beforehand - sort of defeats the object I told him. He doesn't trust it until its been around for a while.

I don't even bother going into builders merchants that change the price all the time, what the f**k is that about if Selcos can display a set price why can't they?

Get most of my stuff in bulk online now, or selcos and bq.

I've had 2 many days started off bad with arguments over high prices in builders merchants I just don't bother anymore.

Just emailed tp to look at my price terms dont think they will change them much Ive been haggleing with em for years till they set me up some proper terms but they just cant compete with b n q trade point at the moment tp want 4.85 plus vat for multi b nq £4.33 inc vat thats £1.49 per bag diff,

beads are £10.33 for ten and over £2 plus vat at tp

Status
Not open for further replies.