Unhappy with plastering work but unsure what to expect?

Members online

Not my attitude but the attitude of many. Generally where there is rough work it is a case of pay less pay twice. I.E get the work done by a family friend cheap, who did a 3 day plastering course. Had to rectify that exact scenario once.
Yes but this geezer doing show homes in the south, he's not a 3 dayer

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Do you think the same for withholding the remaining £340 he's asked for? Is it reasonable for me to tell him to sling his hook and not pay for his last two days work? My worry is that if I invite him in to "rectify" he'll make it worse, and pricier to fix by someone better. I do not intend to ask for money back, I'm taking that on the chin. But surely it's not unreasonable to decline the rest of the payment to him after seeing the "finished" product?
Kate ur well within ur rites to not pay him that money and dnt let him try fix his shite..

some other herbert on here suggested that he said f**k it because he may have been squeezed by the customer.a tradesman has pride in his work,he will turn out a good standard everytime.if you are being squeezed then don't take the job on, simples.if you have anything about you then work will be plentiful.if this is to difficult then sign on.

Yes but this geezer doing show homes in the south, he's not a 3 dayer

Or is he........???
I would doubt anyone would get away with that standard on any site wherever it is north or south. A one man band would be given the boot smartish, if he subs for a contractor someone's retention is at stake, same end result.
Perhaps he makes the tea and sweeps up for the bloke who does the show homes down south.,??

Do you think the same for withholding the remaining £340 he's asked for? Is it reasonable for me to tell him to sling his hook and not pay for his last two days work? My worry is that if I invite him in to "rectify" he'll make it worse, and pricier to fix by someone better. I do not intend to ask for money back, I'm taking that on the chin. But surely it's not unreasonable to decline the rest of the payment to him after seeing the "finished" product?
Please don't pay any notice to gps, no one else does

Believe u me u lot who thinks site lads leave a shitter finish have a word with urselfs and get on site..may of been the case years ago it is so much easier to get away with a shoddy domestic job than site work now if ur not up to scratch on site ull be booted off after a day..uve got site manager and professional painters and decoraters looking at ur work u think a painter isn't going to say owt if the works s**t which means it will take him longer to do resulting in his boss moaning at him asking y its taking so long..think about it

Or is he........???
I would doubt anyone would get away with that standard on any site wherever it is north or south. A one man band would be given the boot smartish, if he subs for a contractor someone's retention is at stake, same end result.
Perhaps he makes the tea and sweeps up for the bloke who does the show homes down south.,??
I'm only saying what the op said in the beginning, im not protecting the geezer I leave that to kitchy

I reckon he's a labourer, never skimmed anything of that size in his own before. It's awful BTW, worst I've ever seen. First ever cupboards I skimmed were of a better standard than that. I wouldn't let him do any more, some of it looks like it wasn't trowelled at all. Or if it was, just the once. Mental to do that in someone's house.

Absolutely withhold the remaining money, but accept you have been done you are not getting your money back and move on

I reckon he's a labourer, never skimmed anything of that size in his own before. It's awful BTW, worst I've ever seen. First ever cupboards I skimmed were of a better standard than that. I wouldn't let him do any more, some of it looks like it wasn't trowelled at all. Or if it was, just the once. Mental to do that in someone's house.
Thanks! Sorry to sound stupid but what do you mean by trowelled? Sorry, I'm gathering ammo for when I speak to him tomorrow.

1.jobs shite
2.infact really shite
3.she been had over
4.made a school boy error
5.dont pay no more
6.get a proper tradesman in

That's basically how this has panned out, don't worry to much you ain't the first and Defo won't be the last hope you get it sorted one way or another

Believe u me u lot who thinks site lads leave a shitter finish have a word with urselfs and get on site..may of been the case years ago it is so much easier to get away with a shoddy domestic job than site work now if ur not up to scratch on site ull be booted off after a day..uve got site manager and professional painters and decoraters looking at ur work u think a painter isn't going to say owt if the works s**t which means it will take him longer to do resulting in his boss moaning at him asking y its taking so long..think about it
Trouble with those domestic boys they know we would piston them and some

Thanks! Sorry to sound stupid but what do you mean by trowelled? Sorry, I'm gathering ammo for when I speak to him tomorrow.
Once the skim is coated, it is trowelled a few times before or sets l, that's what gets the walls smooth. Usually do a close in, 2 runs with water and a polish at the end. There was pics there it looked like there was ridges in it where it had been coated or left after first flatten in. Maybe it was the way it's drying out can see lines in the undercoat, it is Terrible workmanship though

This is just another wind up I'm certain.

@Kate84 with respect I think this is bullshit, a fake account by a regular member, if I'm wrong well there must be a member from here who could pop over quote to rectify and verify this nonsense