Underfloor heating

Members online

John j

Mono Don
Putting under floor heating in new bit of house.
Was all set to go with water but speaking to building control and they were saying governments trying to go gas free so thinking bout electric .
To be fair were putting a stove in as well so underfloor is only gonna be on while we put fire in .
Just wondering if anyone has electric under floor and rates it

Was all set to go with water but speaking to building control and they were saying governments trying to go gas free so thinking bout electric .
To be fair were putting a stove in as well so underfloor is only gonna be on while we put fire in .

Dunno is the answer, but it’s a big area to heat John. Can see you having big electric bills with that. It’s not just switching it on, it takes time to get the heat into the slab.

Wet system everyday !!!!only thing those idioTs @ BC know is in a book provided by there govern- ment leader / employer
The bs he speaks is only the boilers in new homes banned from gas & powered by electric /
94E9A5A0-A520-43FF-BC68-68EFEF9B79BF.gif
Genius

I’ve got it in my hall and all through my kitchen/tv room. It’s good for taking the coldness of the tiles in winter but don’t use it as a source of heating

decent timber floor betwixt you and conc slab be best. If you must go for it, choose water. heat pumps etc can can keep the slab temp up ok if gas really was banned and you had to do an exchange. Don't believe it will be, find myself agreeing with Dollar on this.
Just fitted a stove for a builder who's underfloor is costing a fortune (in gas) in his extension - tickled pink with his stove - runs on site wood scraps from work, no bills!! Switches off underfloor in the extension, takes too long to warm up or, has to be run continously.

Its f**k**g Good John you can throw all of your washing on the floor and it will be dry in the morning, Two birds with one stone

Electric or water
Electric mate, was planning on doing water but got talked out it by hearing Enginneer. I’ve got concrete floors so had to put insulation boards down then heating then screed then tiles. Can be costly if used too much so only used on winter to take chill off tiles.

Electric mate, was planning on doing water but got talked out it by hearing Enginneer. I’ve got concrete floors so had to put insulation boards down then heating then screed then tiles. Can be costly if used too much so only used on winter to take chill off tiles.
Wife's not bothered at all . Says burner will be enough . As mad as it sounds there won't be any wall space for rads

You don' have, to have tiles, usual flat concrete screed on insultation is fine, the warmth comes thru carpet just fine and is easier on the feet, or even wood after a time. The cheaper "plastic" finishes are not so good though, they don't ever seem to warm up. - cats hated them.

You don' have, to have tiles, usual flat concrete screed on insultation is fine, the warmth comes thru carpet just fine and is easier on the feet, or even wood after a time. The cheaper "plastic" finishes are not so good though, they don't ever seem to warm up. - cats hated them.
She wants limestone tiles

If you’re going to have a log burner I wouldn’t bother with any underfloor heating. I’ve got a 5kw burner and have to open the doors as it’s to hot if the doors closed.
Soon as I’ve had my tea I end up nodding off for an hour, so does the wife.
Make sure you don’t scrimp with the celotex under the floor minimum 120mm but thicker the better.

If you’re going to have a log burner I wouldn’t bother with any underfloor heating. I’ve got a 5kw burner and have to open the doors as it’s to hot if the doors closed.
Soon as I’ve had my tea I end up nodding off for an hour, so does the wife.
Make sure you don’t scrimp with the celotex under the floor minimum 120mm but thicker the better.
Thought it was 100 mm
How bigs the area burner warms up

Thought it was 100 mm
I've got two log burners mate and they're great, but really aren't as good as a modern heating system for day to day use.
On another note; is your bs inspector related to your chippy? Just they're both useless know nothing T***s.

I've got two log burners mate and they're great, but really aren't as good as a modern heating system for day to day use.
On another note; is your bs inspector related to your chippy? Just they're both useless know nothing T***s.
What's bc got to do with it

What's bc got to do with it
Because they recommended using electric underfloor heating instead of a wet system. That advice is mental for what you're trying to achieve.
Even if gas central heating is done away with a wet system could be run from a heat exchanger. In fact wet underfloor heating is the recommended system for use with a heat exchanger.

Because they recommended using electric underfloor heating instead of a wet system. That advice is mental for what you're trying to achieve.
Even if gas central heating is done away with a wet system could be run from a heat exchanger. In fact wet underfloor heating is the recommended system for use with a heat exchanger.
They didn't recommend it frodo . She said they not.putting it in new builds after such a date and trying to go to hydrogen that's produced by wind turbines . So just got me think .

Sometimes I wonder if you can even f**k**g read . It was at top of page so I.m gonna let you of this time

X

They didn't recommend it frodo . She said they not.putting it in new builds after such a date and trying to go to hydrogen that's produced by wind turbines . So just got me think .

Sometimes I wonder if you can even f**k**g read . It was at top of page so I.m gonna let you of this time

X
You need to read what you wrote yourself you semi-literate ginger tosser. Luv ya really John.

Just put 2 pairs of socks on John save a fortune on this floor heating then,go on a nice holiday with the savings

Thought it was 100 mm
I’ve got 140mm under my porch/toilet extension, I’m sure the plans specifically 120mm but could be wrong.
My room size is 4200/4800 both floor and ceiling are insulated ( floor suspended with rock wool) in hindsight shouldn’t have insulated ceiling because of burner.

I’ve got 140mm under my porch/toilet extension, I’m sure the plans specifically 120mm but could be wrong.
My room size is 4200/4800 both floor and ceiling are insulated ( floor suspended with rock wool) in hindsight shouldn’t have insulated ceiling because of burner.
That's a thought . Insulating new bit . But not old.
We had one in a house in Filey. Was open plan down stairs . Had to open patio doors it git to hot