has anyone been knocked for payment before?

Members online

No members online now.

vince909

hi all ive been plastering for a long time now and have always got my money but ive just done a job and the customer picked up faults here and there on my work and to be fair there were a few which i did put right(a bit of sanding here and there but nothing major) he said he would let me know how it all dries out and then discuss weather he was satisfied.I havent heard a thing for 5 days and i have a bad feeling about it.(had alarm bells when i looked at the job but gave him the benefit of the doubt) If i dont get paid i will be in a situation that ive not experienced before and to be honest i dont want aggro or court involvement etc.part of me thinks i should just let it go and put it down to experience.just wondering if anyone here has had a similar situation and if so what did you do?

hi all ive been plastering for a long time now and have always got my money but ive just done a job and the customer picked up faults here and there on my work and to be fair there were a few which i did put right(a bit of sanding here and there but nothing major) he said he would let me know how it all dries out and then discuss weather he was satisfied.I havent heard a thing for 5 days and i have a bad feeling about it.(had alarm bells when i looked at the job but gave him the benefit of the doubt) If i dont get paid i will be in a situation that ive not experienced before and to be honest i dont want aggro or court involvement etc.part of me thinks i should just let it go and put it down to experience.just wondering if anyone here has had a similar situation and if so what did you do?
Fear the worst posting that pal everyone on hear is the best spread in the world who never fuk anything up . Well so they think

I’ve been mugged off loads
I think people can sense you ain’t going to give them hassle?
well just look at me
IMG_2915.jpeg

Mate, its always best to give him a call, arrange to meet up then spark him out.
Just kiddin lol, meet up, go with him over everything he's not happy with, don't be cocky etc just have a chat with him like grown ups do, then at least you'll know what's what, he'll be face to face so it'll be easier to sense if he's just talking s**t.

Communication with the customer is the key. We not perfect, sometimes you have a bad day etc.

The first thing you need to know is what the industry standards are for the work you're carrying out. Most people think they're entitled to decide if work is up to scratch, that's not the case.
All that said I've been knocked a few times over the years and not once has it been over the quality of work, some people/businesses just simply have no intention of paying the full amount you've quoted.

As Andy has already said. You have only priced to plaster to British standard which is very low. If the customer was looking for a level 5 job then you would have priced accordingly. Just call round and tell him that you want your payment any problems then you will sell the debt to a collector!

No need to go gung ho, just go round and be reasonable and explain that they are due you a payment for the work carried out.
If they flat out refuse to pay you then I'd go down the legal route. It may be a hassle and cost you but at the end of the day you can't let people like that get away with that kind of behaviour.
I doubt they'll feel so clever when the bailiffs are at the door and their credit rating takes a hit.
Mind you if their low level scum who just don't care I'd keep tabs on them and find a way to "inconvenience" them some time in the future.

Will 4 new tyres and a re spray cover your costs?

The first thing you need to know is what the industry standards are for the work you're carrying out. Most people think they're entitled to decide if work is up to scratch, that's not the case.
All that said I've been knocked a few times over the years and not once has it been over the quality of work, some people/businesses just simply have no intention of paying the full amount you've quoted.
I.ve been done twice . First was one of them firms that repeatedly fold. Was about 500 . To customers credit he said he.ll give me half. Even though he was thousands out of pocket. But area he was in thousands prob f**k all to him.
They owed all young lads few grand each . Kept telling em its gonna be next week so they kept going in. Second he folded again but was only 240 so survived.
If it's my own jobs and there's a lot of gear I say I get paid for it soon as its on site then its theirs. Then split job in to parrs for payments. Normal paid every floor

Thanks for all you advice guys I will give him a call,I think I could understand it more if a big company knocked me but as it’s a bloke who is also a manual worker it’s harder to take. I feel pissed off with myself for taking the job on but generally disappointed with him as that behaviour is a million miles away from my own, at 54 you’d think my radar would be highly tuned to the dodgy customers by now….only another dozen years or so and I can put the trowel down

I.ve been done twice . First was one of them firms that repeatedly fold. Was about 500 . To customers credit he said he.ll give me half. Even though he was thousands out of pocket. But area he was in thousands prob f**k all to him.
They owed all young lads few grand each . Kept telling em its gonna be next week so they kept going in. Second he folded again but was only 240 so survived.
If it's my own jobs and there's a lot of gear I say I get paid for it soon as its on site then its theirs. Then split job in to parrs for payments. Normal paid every floor
Not reading all that

Thanks for all you advice guys I will give him a call,I think I could understand it more if a big company knocked me but as it’s a bloke who is also a manual worker it’s harder to take. I feel pissed off with myself for taking the job on but generally disappointed with him as that behaviour is a million miles away from my own, at 54 you’d think my radar would be highly tuned to the dodgy customers by now….only another dozen years or so and I can put the trowel down
Was it a domestic job ie at the customers home?

Yes was his house, the work was fine and to a decent standard , I’ve searched for him on the internet and discovered he went bankrupt earlier this year, so I think it’s a losing battle as I’ll probably be behind a few others in the queue.I’m not the type to go banging his door down either,I’ve no shortage of work so I’ll soon make the money back.

Yes was his house, the work was fine and to a decent standard , I’ve searched for him on the internet and discovered he went bankrupt earlier this year, so I think it’s a losing battle as I’ll probably be behind a few others in the queue.I’m not the type to go banging his door down either,I’ve no shortage of work so I’ll soon make the money back.
Sounds a right c**t brake fluid the T***s car

There's always c**ts out there on domestic work trying to fuk you about . Now and the you'll encounter em . I do site work only for firms I've known for 20 + years . Couldn't be arsed with dealing with bellend homeowners tbh . At least if subbies try it on you can chainsaw through ever stud and truss in the place fuk em

It is a criminal offence as a bankrupt to obtain credit with holding that information. If he personally was declared bankrupt. If it is a ltd. company that he was a director of that is a different matter.