Thistle Uni-Finish Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi beddy, we're looking at what has caused the issue currently. We know how important quality is for our plasterers which is why we've recalled the product. I'm genuinely sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience. I've taken note of your feedback on price and will pass it on to our product team.

Thanks JessThePlasterer - I'll be having a strong glass of something tonight rest assured :) ! Glad to hear you like Board Finish

Thank you for the reply. It didn't cause me any inconvenience as I refused to buy any based on the price alone. Just like I will refuse to use any board finish or multi there is a rise to cover your mistakes.

Hi Minh & SpankySouthport, sorry if I sound a bit corporate but the plasterers who use our products are very important to us. We know how important quality is to you and because of that no failure rate is acceptable for us, that's why we took the decision to recall the product. I'll keep you updated on any developments.

Hi there, thanks for your message. I've asked my colleague in the product department about this and will get back to you shortly.

just wanted to ask about the poor quality of the bags used with your plasterers. Since you introduced the plastic liner the bag strength is very poor

Hi Stolen Stilton, I'm sorry to hear you've experienced problems. Would it be OK if I arranged for someone from our team to give you a call about this? It would be really useful to get some more detailed feedback from you and we'll be able to discuss this in more detail then.

We would like to inform our customers that following a very small number of product performance issues, we have taken the decision to recall Thistle Uni-Finish plaster.

We are extremely sorry for the disruption that recalling this product may cause, however we feel this is the responsible way forward.

Further information can be found on the British Gypsum website: Recall of British Gypsum Thistle Uni-Finish

If you have any further questions, please contact the Customer Service Centre on 0800 49 77 86

Thank you
have they employed you to sit at ya desk to talk to us or have you another job on the firm, if so how many hours have they told you you can spend on here?

Welcome aboard BG - at long last :RpS_thumbup:
Hope you've got thick skin :)
thicker than the paper that tries to hold their bags together

dont you mean thick skim.....................:RpS_laugh:

Welcome along BG................ill be in touch soon about a great advertising opportunity...................:RpS_thumbsup:
go get em Arti!!!!!!

I bet its MEEP MEEP.:RpS_tongue:

beep beep ffs :)

BG what do you think about the Cyprus government taking 10% from anyone who has 100K and above in savings to try and get their banks out of the sh!t (7% if its less than 100K) :RpS_thumbsup:

have they employed you to sit at ya desk to talk to us or have you another job on the firm, if so how many hours have they told you you can spend on here?

thicker than the paper that tries to hold their bags together

go get em Arti!!!!!!

beep beep ffs :)

BG what do you think about the Cyprus government taking 10% from anyone who has 100K and above in
savings to try and get their banks out of the sh!t
(7% if its less than 100K) :RpS_thumbsup:
.:RpS_laugh:

Thanks for getting back to me BG but really, you want to get someone to talk to me in more detail about my issie with Unifinish? When I actualy had the problem nobody from BG was interested in listening or made any attempt to call me back so why would you bother now? I wasted a lot of my time trying to speak to the relevant people and in the end just faced up to the fact that your corporation was not interested the little man that actually buys your products. I conceded at the time that I would have to suffer the financial loss and move on which I have done. I have no wish to "discuss" it any further because it really is quite simple.
1. I bought and used your product
2. It failed
3. I tried to contact your company but could get nobody to call me back after several calls
4. I had to fix the problem at my own expense and lose a days wages by not doing another paid job
5. I had to apologise profusely to customer and look unprofessional

What is there to "discuss"? I didn't go back round to my customers house to "discuss" the problem, I dropped everything and Got round there to fix it immediately. That's what small businesses like mine have to do well, look after their customers. Unfortunately the big corporates have a different approach, yours is a good example of this

Thanks for getting back to me BG but really, you want to get someone to talk to me in more detail about my issie with Unifinish? When I actualy had the problem nobody from BG was interested in listening or made any attempt to call me back so why would you bother now? I wasted a lot of my time trying to speak to the relevant people and in the end just faced up to the fact that your corporation was not interested the little man that actually buys your products. I conceded at the time that I would have to suffer the financial loss and move on which I have done. I have no wish to "discuss" it any further because it really is quite simple.
1. I bought and used your product
2. It failed
3. I tried to contact your company but could get nobody to call me back after several calls
4. I had to fix the problem at my own expense and lose a days wages by not doing another paid job
5. I had to apologise profusely to customer and look unprofessional

What is there to "discuss"? I didn't go back round to my customers house to "discuss" the problem, I dropped everything and Got round there to fix it immediately. That's what small businesses like mine have to do well, look after their customers. Unfortunately the big corporates have a different approach, yours is a good example of this

I'd take up there offer of a phone call m8 - get a grand total of what the job cost you etc in lost materials and labour . Ask them if due to the sale and goods act if they'll be compensating you, theyve recalled it so obviously its not fit for purpose. If they say no i'd personally be getting it in county court .

Last edited:
Hi jmsplastering, thanks for your message, I’m sorry to hear that. I’m going to speak to our Customer Service team to understand what happened here. Would you like someone to give you a call back?

Hi Stolen Stilton, firstly I’d like to apologise that you had trouble getting in touch with the relevant people. All of the plasterers who use our products are important to us and please rest assured that your feedback has been noted and passed on to the relevant departments for follow-up. I understand that you’ve already addressed the issue but if you would like to speak to a member of our team about this please call our Customer Service Centre on 0800 49 77 86.

BG do you really sponsor the forum or have you just got SPONSOR under your name to make it look good?

Hi jmsplastering, thanks for your message, I’m sorry to hear that. I’m going to speak to our Customer Service team to understand what happened here. Would you like someone to give you a call back?
no mate,,not interested now just like your rep was!!!! i think stolen stilton sums it all up

BG do you really sponsor the forum or have you just got SPONSOR under your name to make it look good?

Thet gave the owners of the site pallets of uni finish ..... no ones seen em as there too busy redoing all the jobs they did with it :RpS_thumbsup:

Hi Stolen Stilton, firstly I’d like to apologise that you had trouble getting in touch with the relevant people. All of the plasterers who use our products are important to us and please rest assured that your feedback has been noted and passed on to the relevant departments for follow-up. I understand that you’ve already addressed the issue but if you would like to speak to a member of our team about this please call our Customer Service Centre on 0800 49 77 86.

British Gypsum. If you take the time to read my post properly you will see that I attempted to address the issue but your guys were not interested in my complaint and nobody called me back after several attempts on my behalf to get someone to listen. Which department exactly have you passed it onto and what action will their follow up involve as they cannot contact me, not knowing who I am or what my number is? Your response is purely typical of a non-commital bog standard reply that I would expect from a large profit focused company. Do you really understand my own and other plasterers frustrations with the way you conduct yourselves?

Thank you for all of your feedback and messages. We are a complex organisation with a lot of internal processes so please bear with us, we will make sure we respond to as many of your questions as we can in time. I’ve passed all of your feedback to our marketing and product development teams. If you would like any further information please call our Customer Service Centre on 0800 49 77 86.

Hi all, I’ve noticed a few comments about our bags on here which I have passed on to our product development team. I'll come back and update you when I have news.

Hi All,

Yes British Gypsum do support and sponsor the forum :) They have been here for about 18 months and its only been recently that they have decided to get more active and really take on board what you guys have to say.

I have had a few meetings with them and their PR team and am often on the phone to them, I have been working my socks off to get companies to listen and respond so please respect what we are trying to achieve....

British Gypsum are offering help and support and if you have had a problem with Uni Finish then contact them and they will do what they can to help... if you dont want the help then that is fine but the offer is there and they are really working hard to understand plasterers.

Also the response time will be a lot slower than the average member because they are a big company and so they need to make sure what they post is correct... so please bear with them.

Using a forum is a first for such a big company so please bear with them. But what i can promise is that they do care and they are working very hard to put things right.

This is what the forum has wanted from day one and to be finally working with the big companies is only ever going to benefit you the plasterers that use the products.

Regards

Danny

Fair play to you Danny for gettin them to speak on here, but why remain silent for 18 months ? When there was so many queries re unifinish when it was coming out it was discussed on here for months so many threads on it?
I was one of the lucky ones who never used it.I got 2free bags to trial but after info given by members of the forum and seeing arti's vid I skipped the 2 bags
so thank you forum members for the info,you told me more about it than BG. did.

All I can say is better late than never... but i can promise that they willl be very active from now on in :)

I personally have had no problems with bg,or their products, like the fact that we can query them on products now.

popped in to Dove on the way home to pick up some gear and asked if they had any uni-finish.(expecting them to say no because its been recalled) and the lad on the counter says "aye marra how many do you want"............:-0. told him its had been recalled and he knows nowt about it...................:RpS_laugh:.

Cheers for the reply about the bags BG, i wait with anticipation for your response.............:RpS_thumbsup:

I went into a place today for some gear and told him it had been recalled. Was the first he knew about it too

I give up. 18 months on here and as far as I can see not taken any notice of anyone on here and the things that have been posted about their products and service. And thank you BG for your response to my last post. Another few lines of bureaucratic corporate waffle that has absolutely no relevance to my grievance with your refusal to take on board any problems I had in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.