Thistle Uni-Finish Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritishGypsum

We would like to inform our customers that following a very small number of product performance issues, we have taken the decision to recall Thistle Uni-Finish plaster.

We are extremely sorry for the disruption that recalling this product may cause, however we feel this is the responsible way forward.

Further information can be found on the British Gypsum website: Recall of British Gypsum Thistle Uni-Finish

If you have any further questions, please contact the Customer Service Centre on 0800 49 77 86

Thank you

Wouldnt bother B.G manage to make there product 'work' - aint paying that price tag .... multi all the way

I mean how hard is it to pva/prime a wall ... :RpS_sneaky:

No chance putting my name on the line / look like a fool cos of untested materials , people have probably lost work because of it or least not had a happy customer !

Id like to know, as im sure would most people on here, why you launched a product when it obviously hasnt been tested that much? And how you thought such an expensive price tag would ever be successful? I have only seen one local merchants stock it and they said hardly anyone has bought it simply because of the price.

Hi CTIPlastering, thanks for the message. There have been a very small number of performance issues but, as you say, quality and customer satisfaction are incredibly important, so that’s why this decision has been taken.

Id like to know, as im sure would most people on here, why you launched a product when it obviously hasnt been tested that much? And how you thought such an expensive price tag would ever be successful? I have only seen one local merchants stock it and they said hardly anyone has bought it simply because of the price.

I never bought it because

A. I have never seen a bag of the stuff

B. When I heard about it I thought immediately thought I'd steer clear anyway if I did see a bag. Gut feeling it just wouldn't work

Oh and welcome! I was chuckling at the start of the thread. Which poor soul is on the other end typing? Go and get yourself a glass of something strong! :RpS_lol:

Can't slag BG off too much we all use the gear (not uni obv) and works a treat. Board finish all the way for me :RpS_thumbup:

pity it did not work, but it was too expensive, considering the climate, a new double cost product, what would dragons den say to this..

Considering the number of people who used it and the number of problems they experienced, I wouldn't describe your comments to be very accurate.

Cant believe I'm gonna say this but I agree Minh...
if it was such a small amount of problems then Surely it wouldn't get recalled..

poor old soul :RpS_unsure:

So if it's being recalled as it was not fit for purpose does mean I shall be getting a refund on the 8 bags I bought and used when it was first launched? Wouldn't have minded if it did what it should have done but surprise surprise it shelled so I ended up doing the whole room again with pva and multi at great expense to my wallet, time and reputation. It's just that at the time BG didn't want to know as I was the first to report any problems with it but now you are admitting on a public forum that it has performance issues does change your stance....?

Hi British gypsum. Can you tell me if its possible to re***d the set on your spray finish. It would be beneficial to spray plaster on in one go in the morning, clean the machine once and spend the rest of the day finishing the set. It makes more sense than spraying small amounts as you have multi finish for this.

I think it's a bit of a cheek coming onto the forum now, when its been in existence since 2007! If you stick around BG and get involved you will find the plasterers on here are firm but fair.

Welcome aboard BG - at long last :RpS_thumbup:
Hope you've got thick skin :)

dont you mean thick skim.....................:RpS_laugh:

Welcome along BG................ill be in touch soon about a great advertising opportunity...................:RpS_thumbsup:

Is it just a rumour but I have heard that BG are developing a new plaster that knocks itself up then throws itself on the wall.
Personally, I don't think it will stick!

No different to Uni-Finish then:RpS_lol:

I reckon this thread is gonna be more controversial than the switches & sockets thread.........................:-0

Is it true you have disabled donkeys working down your mines and only feed them sherbet dib dabs?

Well we did used to use them for toilet purposes..............bet they don't stick that on their adverts :-0

Or put it on the instructions on the back of their bags maybe:

"Now you have finished plastering, take a good sh1t and use your empty bag to wipe your @rse!"

Welcome British gypsum ,great if you can be a part of our forum ,to give help and advice to many members ,well done Danny

Come on lads, we are all avoiding the one question that we need answering , maybe a rep from British Gypsum will have the balls to step up and put us all out of are misery .........................is it MEEP MEEP OR BEEP BEEP.:RpS_confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.