Thistle Durafinish

Members online

So we have dura,uni,pure,magnetic,all new to us but not avalible,well not without web search,phone calls which usually start with a stock answer of never heard of it,don't know who stocks it.so if you are on a rush job,where you have done BGs job and sold one of their ( new to us) products you cannot buy it without wasting time,diesel and money searching builders merchants,I'm too busy to even bother mentioning any of them,rather just go to work and earn the same money.Come on BG why not give us all some dates at local builders merchants in large city's and towns where you will be giving away free samples of all your new products,lets us give you some real feedback on the plasters,it may be good or bad but will not be like the nodding dog answers you seem to be used to,and Vincey when's the video off your paddle cleaner/bucket coming out,sad t**t.

Reactions: gps
You bg boys are incredible, come on here announcing new products, then it turns out they are not new lol
But then make out, well it's new to someone who hasn't used it, desperate stuff again.
Pure finish magnetic unifinish Mark 2 new products there's nothing desperate
You either want to try them or don't no skin off my back. Yes there's a little effort into getting the materials at the minute but merchants are the problem not bg getting them to them. Which they are constantly being blamed for.
Have you got nothing better to do than moaning about vince and unifinish I bet you moan about moaning don't you

Pure finish magnetic unifinish Mark 2 new products there's nothing desperate
You either want to try them or don't no skin off my back. Yes there's a little effort into getting the materials at the minute but merchants are the problem not bg getting them to them. Which they are constantly being blamed for.
Have you got nothing better to do than moaning about vince and unifinish I bet you moan about moaning don't you

And would you not agree merchants know there market ? Which is the issue they know actually we don't really give a sh it. If bg sent half a pallet as a freebie to each store/merchant are you saying they would not take it ? Btw uni 2 was a roaring success wouldn't you agree lol, stores took a hit on uni so maybe it's time bg restored a bit of confidence in there products.

Mr Formby it's not moaning its about finding FACT from fiction

If merchants aren't willing to give the new products a chance what good is it to plasterers who want to try them.
Merchants just want cheap products that are going to sell quick its been that long that only multi or board finish has been used that I guess there weary if they can get rid of pallets.

If merchants aren't willing to give the new products a chance what good is it to plasterers who want to try them.
Merchants just want cheap products that are going to sell quick its been that long that only multi or board finish has been used that I guess there weary if they can get rid of pallets.

Are you for real lol

Didn't they try uni and end up selling it at £1 a bag

Knauf have recently introduced this pro roll and guess what it's already on the shelves.

It's down to Bg to sweeten the deal to get their products in store, in any supermarket, prime spots are paid for by manufacturers, no different in this game

That proroll looks pony if I do say so myself looked alright in the video til it then states now anyone can get a good finish and got a load of diy/multi turders using it seems a bit like that after flatten stuff from few years back

I saw that pro roll the other day at nearly £25 a 13kg tub takes 12/18 hours to set and the tub does 10sq at 1mm thickness and it states to be applied at 2 to 4 mm so at the lower thickness a tub will only do 5sqm can't see that taking off on domestics an average wall would be £50ish in mats compared to 15/20 with standard stuff and completed in maybe 3/4 hours with setting up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that pro roll the other day at nearly £25 a 13kg tub takes 12/18 hours to set and the tub does 10sq at 1mm thickness and it states to be applied at 2 to 4 mm so at the lower thickness a tub will only do 5sqm can't see that taking off on domestics an average wall would be £50ish in mats compared to 15/20 with standard stuff and completed in maybe 3/4 hours with setting up

But to a have a go hero that's still a big saving on a tradesmans labour.

British Gypsum should be making the moves & not rely on the merchants to take the risk.
Wean tradesmen over to Dura/Pure or whatever ... and then start the process of doubling the price.
I really do dislike them as a company now, and every pound I don't have to give them makes me feel a bit better.

think it is targeted to the diy'er it is easy though to use...

I've used durafinish a few times over the years always had to paper tape the joints specially the internal angles because it was that strong it would crack if we used fibre tape and I never once saw any of the lads take a few bags home for their weekend work says it all really

I've used durafinish a few times over the years always had to paper tape the joints specially the internal angles because it was that strong it would crack if we used fibre tape and I never once saw any of the lads take a few bags home for their weekend work says it all really
And what did you think to the gear mate , did you think it was nice to spread and trowel up or an absolute bag of shite ?

To be honest it was a real pain at the beginning but once we mastered it, we probably got more on in a set than what we would with multi the thinner you get it on the better it is but you can't one coat it

It would crack if you used fibre tape,,,,dont like the sound of that.
@Vincey ,,,,,do you use fiba with dura finish.

I've used pure finish I would defo say that's better to use than finish not cos of all the bollox claims on it but more cos it's like multi from 10 year ago that was about a year ago though

Richard Gear likes it

Does the plaster give a superior finish to multi once Finished regardless of impact strength. Good to hear its easier use if true... The only way to prove claims is get it to stores. BG could inform us easily on here where pallets could be trialed from in city's first then any doubters can give it a go me included.

Another bg yes man folks
Where the Fock are you getting these videos from,are you some kind of religious wiedo who used to stand outside pubs and nightclubs on weekends trying to covert people to your one sided view,but this time have decided your only mission in life is to show all other Plastering non believers that you are the superior being,a messiah looking after us,showing us what and where we are going wrong in life,Fock me.Can you Vincey explain to everyone on here, who you think are well beneath your own superior skill level 1What you are trying to achieve 2,Are you being payed for posting these,send me to sleep videos,3when are you posting your own video of your paddle cleaning bucket,I need to see it,please do it soon!!!!!!t**t

Another bg yes man folks
Your points are actually laffable GPS yes man there one man's view off a product that was enjoyable to youse .
Bg aren't paying me to give a positive about this product to be honest I can't even be bothered explaining myself to you.
What use have you actually been to anyone on this forum all's I ever remember you is the divee with the daft political views making boring reading.

Your points are actually laffable GPS yes man there one man's view off a product that was enjoyable to youse .
Bg aren't paying me to give a positive about this product to be honest I can't even be bothered explaining myself to you.
What use have you actually been to anyone on this forum all's I ever remember you is the divee with the daft political views making boring reading.

What use have I been you ask, I have been exposing bull sh it on here for years.

And daft political views, so are you saying it's ok for islamists to kill innocent people ?
Muslim gangs raping children isn't a problem
The United Kingdom losing its identity

Really daft me

Where the Fock are you getting these videos from,are you some kind of religious wiedo who used to stand outside pubs and nightclubs on weekends trying to covert people to your one sided view,but this time have decided your only mission in life is to show all other Plastering non believers that you are the superior being,a messiah looking after us,showing us what and where we are going wrong in life,Fock me.Can you Vincey explain to everyone on here, who you think are well beneath your own superior skill level 1What you are trying to achieve 2,Are you being payed for posting these,send me to sleep videos,3when are you posting your own video of your paddle cleaning bucket,I need to see it,please do it soon!!!!!!t**t
I think they are good honest reviews tbh,
Real plasterers , making a living and giving domestic customers a choice or an option Andy , plus added bonus that the gear is sweat to use
Good on them for sharing there experience and getting stuck in I say, it's not easy having a camera stuffed in your face especially at work