Thistle Board Finish

Members online

Just out of interest mate how much a bag , it's £5.20 inc vat round my way , is that what the rest of you lot kind of pay ?

I'm paying about £4.25 a bag on my terms. but local wickes is about £4.60 if you buy 5 or more and use your 10% trade discount

That's all I use, have done for the last ten plus years. Rarely plaster over board as I do domestics, lot of insurance work, F.ck.d ceilings and over artex. Kind of feel it has more body than multi. Its cheaper now but i'm sure it was more expensive a while back, may be wrong though.

Where have you been these last 20 years lol

I was assuming he had been in the game a bit longer than maybe he has lol. They do a car lite finish in Ireland but not the same as the original.
Wouldn’t mind the ultra finish coming out here as it sets a bit quicker.

Hi all I am a plasterer for 30 years old school been Doing a barn conversion had a pallet of skim dropped off about two weeks ago had a new pallet dropped off with advertising the new fast set put a gauge on this morning 1st coat ok speedskimmed it off ready for second coat gear was still wet to put second coat on which usually is going off put second coat on washed out speed skimmed it off went for may break come back and wet in places but brown in others pulling my hair the finish is s**t never had a problem before got in touch with bg they said get in touch with your building merchant they come and exchange it rang my mate he said put some multifiish in it apparently he’s had it a few times and a f**k up at the factory as his mate works there and they run out of setting additive or gypsum so re adjust the ratio? Went horrible tbh and pissed me right off never had in all tye years !

Hi all I am a plasterer for 30 years old school been Doing a barn conversion had a pallet of skim dropped off about two weeks ago had a new pallet dropped off with advertising the new fast set put a gauge on this morning 1st coat ok speedskimmed it off ready for second coat gear was still wet to put second coat on which usually is going off put second coat on washed out speed skimmed it off went for may break come back and wet in places but brown in others pulling my hair the finish is s**t never had a problem before got in touch with bg they said get in touch with your building merchant they come and exchange it rang my mate he said put some multifiish in it apparently he’s had it a few times and a f**k up at the factory as his mate works there and they run out of setting additive or gypsum so re adjust the ratio? Went horrible tbh and pissed me right off never had in all tye years !

@Stewie03

I used it for years and years as opposed to multi, for all skimming work. Found it was better, had more body. Until a year or so ago, its became terrible, flash set or just unworkable. Now on Multi.
Think it will go, less bags seen everywhere or sometimes even none.
Im sure at one time it was more expensive than multi, then became cheaper ?

So
Seems everyone is rejecting multi and going for board. Couldn't get board finish twice last week because merchants had sold out. Loads of multi left though.
obviously we board out and all of a sudden have to pva never heard such a crock of s**t in my life !

Carlite had a black print not purple so don’t know where you was born !

Black and purple/pink

Dropped the word carlite in about 1997/98

Then called thistle plaster finish.

Screenshot_20221216-081244_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221216-081233_Chrome.jpg