Thistle Board Finish

roryston

Been using board finish for the past 3 weeks.

Have to say it's lovley gear.

if like me you been experiencing problems from flash sets, grit, smelly, slippery etc from multi I'll seriously suggest you have a go with board finish.

I've used it on fresh board, sand cement and 3 different overskims 2 old white plaster and a 80's house with a artex ceiling.

I would suggest if your a PVA person to give it a extra coat of PVA before skimming as it does pull a little quicker than multi.

it's lovley gear start to finish. stays on your trowel and lays in well. second coating with it is a dream and it pulls in evenly throughout the set.

it's all I'm using now b*ll***s to that multi scrap its hard work.

I'm not a time served spread but honestly if you got board finish available please give it a go. youl be surprised!

The only time I've really noticed the difference between board and multi was the batches of multi that were setting fast and bits of paper in.

I've just looked on line reckon that have loads in all the builders. Usually same old s**t got either one bag or none when you get there lol.

I do alot of patch work following plumbers fixing ceilings they have cut into to find leaks do you guys think board finish would be good for this or stay with multi ??

Been using board finish instead of multi for over 15 years probably longer. If I see multi on a job I just roll my eyes and crack on but am hurting inside. When I first started plastering all I used was board and the wonderful renovating finish.

Been using board finish instead of multi for over 15 years probably longer. If I see multi on a job I just roll my eyes and crack on but am hurting inside. When I first started plastering all I used was board and the wonderful renovating finish.

What about carlite finish?

Bit behind the times here, nearest wickes is in Exeter which is a good half hour drive away at least, then another half hour back it's a bit of a ball ache.
Really? Got 2 wickes within 3 miles of me down here

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Renovating was my all out favourite