the ultimate sin

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before bonding agents came out, you only had pva, agreed, so all you could do is go for 2 or 3 coats of pva to seal it. 1st coat of skim let pull in, that will tell you if its going to go wrong, (ie) bubbles, etc,then put the second coat on, The pva must have 2 thick coats, and left to dry, the 3rd coat of pva is for the skim, apply the skim when tacky. Not for the faint hearted !! :D

I would honestly say I have never done it before yet I can see why sometimes its done.... not with my company name on the side of the van though...

I have accidentally skimmed over paper before and it dropped off nicely as soon as it started to pick up and it was nice and easy to get off PVA's and off we go again

Good luck

Danny

i think if it hasnt come off by the time its been troweled up then it will prob stay there

have to say i wouldnt do it myself tho

i swear some1 once told me there was a product brought out for wallpaper??? or am i just imagining it??

no your not imagining it, its called a wallpaper scraper. you score the wallpaper, soak it with warm soapy water. then scrape it off. then plaster it properly.

Too right. Ive had paper thats stuck fast and a scraper n steamer wouldnt get it off so thought its solid. Pulled out the battle scraper and its just made easy work of it. I dont even bother usin anything else now.

the stuff we used before was a solution u spray onto scored paper, worked really well. couldnt get it off with a steamer, put this stuff on and it just fell off an hour later

nick you wernt imagining it there is a product that enables you to plaster over sealed and sound wallpaper cannot remember name of it.It was on a polished plaster web site

Bruce can you tell me where i can get hold of one of those scrapers with the razor blades,if they can get wallpaper off plasterboard without damage i want one.

I doubt it would to be fair mate. theyre just good for woodchip etc you need to take the boards off

hardwall king said:
Bruce can you tell me where i can get hold of one of those scrapers with the razor blades,if they can get wallpaper off plasterboard without damage i want one.
Most stores but I forgot your job was on top of boards, soz . You need to add the special attachment. Its a sock retails at around 5.99 from m&s. Also good for keeping on the end of a hammer for keepin the noise down ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.