The best 110v breaker for hacking off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scogs

Hi guys I'm scogs from upt north in Yorkshire! I have recently done in 2 breakers so time to invest in a new one... What's the best for the job guys oh and girls?

Bosch multi drill breaker has.never let us.down

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

hilti do a 4 year lease for about £24 a month. No repair bills! Wouldn't,t buy one though not the best IMO. Bosch 5kg my favourite.

They do a lease but I'm a bit old fashioned and it's cheaper to buy it out right plus you get a warranty.

I had makita demolition hammer 6.5kg good machine been repaired twice time to lay it to rest ! It's had a hard life I can tell you!!
I also had a dewalt 3.5kg for tiding up etc. again never let me down but they don't run for ever !

Carlos it well maybe, but not seen it so hence my question. If it bores you don't open the link :)

I got the bosch 5kg, just keeps on going. the firm I'm subbing to has milwaukee, prefer the bosch though.

Milwaukee is expensive like hilti , i have the bosch 5kg for hacking render and on big jobs if needed hire another for a few days 20 quid a day if that , saves paying outright for 2 when one would just be hanging around nearly all the time !

on the odd times that we use a light weight breaker we hire a couple from the local tool hire shop. no major outlay.

Hire a compressor, cp9s, hoses, and chisels to suit. Cheap to hire and rattles of most stuff fast and easy.

Hire a compressor, cp9s, hoses, and chisels to suit. Cheap to hire and rattles of most stuff fast and easy.

Had one of those. Towing a big compressor around. Chiseled it off no problem but at the end of the day your fingers can't move!

Ended up with just one bloke who did not get effected by white finger symptoms! Too much chance of getting sued so had to give it up. Still got an air gun used once if anyone wants it. Payed £90 £20 + postage.

Confused even More now lol, thanks guys I think I should just get someone to knock it off while I sit in the pub haha

Had one of those. Towing a big compressor around. Chiseled it off no problem but at the end of the day your fingers can't move!

Ended up with just one bloke who did not get effected by white finger symptoms! Too much chance of getting sued so had to give it up. Still got an air gun used once if anyone wants it. Payed £90 £20 + postage.[/QUOTE

Get the hire guys to deliver and pick up, probably 20 quid. Cp9s are lightweight guns. Hacking off is a very small part of plastering hence just hire. If your concerned about the sueing culture make sure your employees have read, understood and signed to agree to work to your method statement. If I was to worry about been sued I would be more concerned about dust inhalation, scaffolding, up to date toolbox talks etc.

Ended up with just one bloke who did not get effected by white finger symptoms! Too much chance of getting sued so had to give it up. Still got an air gun used once if anyone wants it. Payed £90 £20 + postage.

is it a cp9 john

is it a cp9 john

It's a Trelawny needle/chisel scaler model No 2BPG

It has am insulated handle for anti vibration and the chisel is fixed not the the rotating cp9 . The shaft is square. I also have 12 new cp9 chisels.

Got it to overcome the can't straighten my fingers out at the end of the day problem but my lab who did the hacking off left and the other refused to use an air gun. Used for one day. cost £90 in 1998.

so can it be used as a hacking off gun and is it as good as cp9. Also, how much better is a cp9 to hack off with compared to the bosch

Never see the point of splashing out top dollar for breakers, there's the issue of it getting nicked ,damaged etc, what we do is go to machine mart give about 50 odd quid for one of there cheap own make ones, there bullet proof have a one year warranty on them and they just go on all day long. I've had the current one nearly 3 years and it only cost 55 quid plus vat.

depends how much hacking off you intend doing.Back in the old days i used to have a good labourer who loved hacking off so i bought the bosch 5kg after hiring it loadsa times and buying cheaper ones, it would be on from 8-4.30 minus a few fag breaks and dinner. i still have it now after 15years. The labourer is dead.
The cheap ones in them days didnt last too long and werent as available.
Once screwfix did their catologue tools started to become cheaper and more available

so can it be used as a hacking off gun and is it as good as cp9. Also, how much better is a cp9 to hack off with compared to the bosch

CP9 is better imo because it is lighter and more powerful but the rotating chisel is a nusiance! The vibration is a H&S issue and I would not use one myself because of the vibration problems. The one I bought is safer as it it is a rubber handle and fixed chisel but it was only used the once and cannot remember the feed back. But for £20 it is worth a gamble. I can drop it off at Les's for him to send with some PFT stuff to avoid postage. As for the CP9 chisels they are free to a good home. Brand new as well collection only.

When my Hilti breaks.. Im gonna use the apprentices head... way cheaper than buying a new one...

Bought a new Bosch 5kg of ebay in August and it started making a mehanical noise so I stopped using it. The Co I bought it of is in Glasgow so took it to a local Bosch dealer. Refused to touch because I did not buy it off them. Tried another one and they will see if Bosch will honour the warranty. So get it at a bargain price of ebay new but you are on your own if it goes wrong.

Average repair time now is 3 weeks. Crap.

complain to bosch. pretty sure any dealer should look at it for u regardless of where it was bought. prob in their t&c,s

35 a week last lightweight breaker we hired, not worth breaking your own tool for that money. Used all day for ten days solid.
we had our own breaker which was twice the weight but does for doorways etc.

Got a Bosch dealer to send it off to Bosch for warranty repair. This was bought in late August and first used in September. Maybe done 10 days work at the most of that before this problem. Bosch will not honour the warranty because it is down to fair wear and tear! So new Bosch 5kg breaker and 10 days worth of use and it is fair wear and tear so comeback on Bosch?

It is being sent back and the dealer is going to give me their email from Bosch. I will take it up with Bosch myself. If all fails I will take the part out of one of my older Bosch breakers. Cheeky sods want £285 + vat to repair it! Cost £345 new.

buy another one local. tell the bloke what you gonna use it for swap it with ur broken one and take it back for ur money back. tell him ur not confident it will do the bizzness. he cant say much because you told him already wat its gonna do

Status
Not open for further replies.