Thanks unifinish For costing me

Members online

And just to balance things up and clarify, if it's not the material what happens next?

All plasterers on the scheme are given a disclaimer form. On this you can point out that you are not liable for things like substrate failure etc.

If, for example the work was rough, was p1ssed on 2 coat work, beads out, bonding used in damp areas, customers carpets destroyed, sink blocked with plaster etc the plasterer is liable.

Everything clear now ?

:hola:
Yet another thread taking a trip on the gps detour

It feels like weve all been naughty and were in court .....and gps is a top barrister firing questions at us we cant answer.
I feel guilty when im not.

Either that or gps would start a fight in an empty house

It feels like weve all been naughty and were in court .....and gps is a top barrister firing questions at us we cant answer.

And @Vincey is duty solicitor who has stepped in last minute ;)

Without knowing more about this, bg warranty doesn't seem to offer more than any decent honest tradesman would offer to a client, maybe just a peace of mind on using their products and providing occasional leads for the approved contractor. Not much to be lost for signing up tbh, especially if the punter gets a few jobs out of it. No point ganging up on it.

There are plenty of problems that can be there, nicotine, grease, dust, certain paints, loose paint, loose artex, artex on top of paper, loose tapes and this is before you have chosen the plaster.
Just had an artex delamination today, pva and skim over just in the latter stages of trowelling up and a bubble appears, so I had to cut it out and patch in. Might just overboard in the future.

Btw if you do domestic work how many times do you get call backs through faulty product or workmanship ?
Very, very rarely but to give a guarantee you need to have someone in place to oversee it SHOULD anything happen. That's my point

Without knowing more about this, bg warranty doesn't seem to offer more than any decent honest tradesman would offer to a client, maybe just a peace of mind on using their products and providing occasional leads for the approved contractor. Not much to be lost for signing up tbh, especially if the punter gets a few jobs out of it. No point ganging up on it.
Seemingly there is going to be a big media push over next few weeks

But fair play to ya gps ....between you n william hill online you have nearly got me through 1 cuunt of a day at work xx

Can't imagine bg turning up and blaming their products even if it was the fault of the plaster board ect,the blame will always come back to the plasterer I feel,why would a company that turns over millions really worry about a ceiling failure at Mr smiths house,I bet there is a mountain of get out clauses and excuses at the ready

Can't imagine bg turning up and blaming their products even if it was the fault of the plaster board ect,the blame will always come back to the plasterer I feel,why would a company that turns over millions really worry about a ceiling failure at Mr smiths house,I bet there is a mountain of get out clauses and excuses at the ready

You mean like there rooms made for you website pmsl, trust me it's water tight they take absolutely no responsibility for anything

Very, very rarely but to give a guarantee you need to have someone in place to oversee it SHOULD anything happen. That's my point

So very rarely, and on that rare occasion did it need another plasterer to come out to resolve the issue ?

I can only think there would only ever be a dispute over who or what is wrong because of uni finish failing, anything else is very simple to distinguish.

I can only think there would only ever be a dispute over who or what is wrong because of uni finish failing, anything else is very simple to distinguish.

I want you as my solicitor gps.....you'd put judge john deed to shame.

I would like to think that if many on here got a call back say within 6 months max that all plaster had fallen off the wall we would go back and sort it anything after that I think it's a grey area and numerous things could of happened front room ceiling above a bedroom bloke gets it on with Mrs goes a bit wild and ceiling falls down who's to blame bloke for getting a bit to excited or the plaster, 2 years just seems way to long, plus I know many a plasterer and I would say most if being asked to look for a fault will find a fault regardless I've known of plasterers that get it flatter than a snooker table perfect finish yet some bellend will come in and say fu ck me that's rough it the reality really

British gypsum do nothing, everyone moans, they bring out a two year guarantee and still folk moan. You honestly couldn't make this s**t up

I would like to think that if many on here got a call back say within 6 months max that all plaster had fallen off the wall we would go back and sort it anything after that I think it's a grey area and numerous things could of happened front room ceiling above a bedroom bloke gets it on with Mrs goes a bit wild and ceiling falls down who's to blame bloke for getting a bit to excited or the plaster, 2 years just seems way to long, plus I know many a plasterer and I would say most if being asked to look for a fault will find a fault regardless I've known of plasterers that get it flatter than a snooker table perfect finish yet some bellend will come in and say fu ck me that's rough it the reality really

Finding faults is the easiest job in the world ask @flynnyman

British gypsum do nothing, everyone moans, they bring out a two year guarantee and still folk moan. You honestly couldn't make this s**t up

Who ever moaned they never offered a guarantee ? I'd respectively suggest no one

Who ever moaned they never offered a guarantee ? I'd respectively suggest no one
You just find something stupid, twisted and irrelevant and run with it like your a level above everyone else looking down from your checkatrade perch lol

You just find something stupid, twisted and irrelevant and run with it like your a level above everyone else looking down from your checkatrade perch lol

Ok so no answer to that then.

Btw this thread is not about the scheme it's about uni finish, it was you who brought the scheme to the table.

And it's all relevant, if uni is failing then we should be told do you not think ?

Ok so no answer to that then.

Btw this thread is not about the scheme it's about uni finish, it was you who brought the scheme to the table.

And it's all relevant, if uni is failing then we should be told do you not think ?
I'm not a uni fan as you know but I'm pretty sure if it was failing it would be all over this forum and the facebook groups. The adhesive quality of it wasn't something I was worried about, you could spread multi on stuff without primer and it would still stick. I don't like it because of price and workability.

I await you picking holes in this and twisting it to suit your agenda. :fuckyou:

I'm not a uni fan as you know but I'm pretty sure if it was failing it would be all over this forum and the facebook groups. The adhesive quality of it wasn't something I was worried about, you could spread multi on stuff without primer and it would still stick. I don't like it because of price and workability.

I await you picking holes in this and twisting it to suit your agenda. :fuckyou:

I have no agenda, and this post has been scrutiny cleared :sisi:

These threads are much harder work when im not drinking