Thanks unifinish For costing me

Members online

hstoke

IMG_3716.JPG Did the ceiling back in April customer phoned me n sent pics I know lot of lads on ere had no problems but this is a kick in the knackers lucky the little girl was in front bedroom

i cannot and will not trust this stuff , not really had best reviews for something relatively new in plastering terms , glad no one was injured

Judging by the crack the rest is coming down too, I guess they will say distemper is the problem as that is there only get out of jail card.

Was that ceiling the only fail? I mean were the other areas ok??
Yeh hoping ,I haven't been up there yet at first when spoke on phone thought Ahh that be the artex leaving the ceiling never really believe it be the uni
It's the flipping sheeting over again everywhere which gets on yer tits

You can't beat good old tried and trusted pva my friends, plus it's cheaper and a quicker process too
Yeh your friggin right there I read the odd story on ere n there yer go bitten on the arse

Pva can fail to its happenedto me. U should get in touch with bg as it's there product. If you had used pva u would not have that option. I never used uni tho.
It was Brit gypsum but then yer digging receipts out to prove I used that uni on that job u don't right on
invoice to ,mr Spock unifinish on all ceilings guaranteed lol

It was Brit gypsum but then yer digging receipts out to prove I used that uni on that job u don't right on
invoice to ,mr Spock unifinish on all ceilings guaranteed lol
Have you phoned them ? If not ring them tomorrow and let us all know the response.

Did you tell the customer what you was using ?

Definitely phone bg what with there 2 year guarantee and all

It's the same fan artex I used this shite on :oops:

Imagine it all started failing. Vincey would need to flee the country.

Over board and skim is what I always try and push for hate going over artex as have had problems a few times but if not I always grit

How much product/field testing was done by BG?
Artex is water soluble and it then gets reactivated with the water from the plaster - that always leaves me flapping, (especially if the artex was put on top of dusty boards)...recipe for disaster - I've had it happen to me.
Question, I always spread on tacky pva, does everyone do that?

How much product/field testing was done by BG?
Artex is water soluble and it then gets reactivated with the water from the plaster - that always leaves me flapping, (especially if the artex was put on top of dusty boards)...recipe for disaster - I've had it happen to me.
Question, I always spread on tacky pva, does everyone do that?
I think it's better going onto dry pva personally