Tapit tape external render review

As a old pro, sorry I can not see it working, if you could use tape, then, you would use adhesive skim on the mesh of the bead.
Nice try, but from past comments it's not going to work, move on to you next idea. I understand you have spent time and want it to work. Don't take the comments personal learn from them
There are plenty of things that make plastering hard work, if you can come up with a tool or equipment to make the plastering job a bit easier. Post enquires what plasterers dislike doing ie, cleaning sponge float, washing out mixer or something they use. I remember using a saw blade on a pole as a floor scraper or a section of carpet tacked to a wooden float for sponge float and a standard drill for mixing skim.
Someone came up with a better alternative.
The problem I see with micro beads is when plasterers don't keeping the corners inline and there is a step.
You may have a few disappointments before a success. Good Luck.

As a old pro, sorry I can not see it working, if you could use tape, then, you would use adhesive skim on the mesh of the bead.
Nice try, but from past comments it's not going to work, move on to you next idea. I understand you have spent time and want it to work. Don't take the comments personal learn from them
There are plenty of things that make plastering hard work, if you can come up with a tool or equipment to make the plastering job a bit easier. Post enquires what plasterers dislike doing ie, cleaning sponge float, washing out mixer or something they use. I remember using a saw blade on a pole as a floor scraper or a section of carpet tacked to a wooden float for sponge float and a standard drill for mixing skim.
The problem I see with micro beads is when plasterers don't keeping the corners inline and there is a step.
Your bang on but he's a cock who can't take criticism of his product so he comes back with a smart arse reply and digs people out.me personally wasn't bothered I didnt say much about him or product then he started getting personal wen faced with criticism so I can see him for the tit he is and I hope he's pumped all his money in

i know your an old pro and it 100% won't work for you.
It is a new idea and as i have seen from my market research it being taken on, mainly by younger spreads. Thanks for your imput, it will be disregarded as usual .

Last edited:
Your bang on but he's a cock who can't take criticism of his product so he comes back with a smart arse reply and digs people out.me personally wasn't bothered I didnt say much about him or product then he started getting personal wen faced with criticism so I can see him for the tit he is and I hope he's pumped all his money in
You had to change your name to come on here a second time because your rep became an embarrassment young @lurpak

i know your an old pro and it 100% won't work for you.
It is a new idea and as i have seen from my market research it being taken on, mainly by younger spreads. Thanks for your imput, it will be disregarded as usual .
Old pro"s are the ones you should be listening too buddy, not some young skimmer who calls himself a spread

He has the answers right here on the forum, but chooses to ignore the advice. might start calling him Blockbuster video
I commend anyone willing to try and make something of themselves. Or introdice a new product. But you've got to look at the general consensus. It's expensive and unnecessary. People love a free sample. Thats why theres so much interest. You watch them drop like flies when they find out it's a tenner a pop

Can you not ditch the holes and the peel off paper, so it could go on a dispenser like a scrim gun?
The holes are the thing that makes it work.
The plaster goes through the holes to bond onto the surface below instead of sitting on top of the surface and not creating a sufficient bond.
Also it allows for any expansion/contraction in plaster whilst drying which would wrinkle and debond a tape without the holes. The peel off paper means we do not have to use a release agent on the tape, which most tapes have to stop them sticking to their own top surface and not peeling off the roll.
this gives a better key for the plaster. The peel off strips make it much easier in use as well.
Ask and i will give the answers, much better than the slagging games?

Last edited:
Yeah f**k em. Its not as if a spread with 30 years on the trowel knows their trade and knows what will work and what won't...
I have been in all aspects of construction for nearly 40 years so without wishing to cause offence to anyone i am looking to learn something i don't know .

He has the answers right here on the forum, but chooses to ignore the advice. might start calling him Blockbuster video
True, the answers and the improvements came from guys who tested on here and gave reccomendations and feedback. Not one single thing has been suggested of any use by someone who has not tried it, not a solitary thing, zilch.

I have been in all aspects of construction for nearly 40 years so without wishing to cause offence to anyone i am looking to learn something i don't know .
So you should know this tape is unnecessary and people wont want to spend a tenner on it. I honestly cant understand how you haven't worked that out yet. Between staples. Grab adhesive, Nails, dab, scrim and skim which are either extremely cheap or already on the job. Your tape is obsolete and it's not even on the market yet.

So you should know this tape is unnecessary and people wont want to spend a tenner on it. I honestly cant understand how you haven't worked that out yet. Between staples. Grab adhesive, Nails, dab, scrim and skim which are either extremely cheap or already on the job. Your tape is obsolete and it's not even on the market yet.
Nearly 300 samples out and averaging 50 more per day, i have had to order more.
The level of interest is huge but you know that because you have seen the other site i am on.
I could f**k the tape off and get a job with Saatchi and Saatchi.

Nearly 300 samples out and averaging 50 more per day, i have had to order more.
The level of interest is huge but you know that because you have seen the other site i am on.
As I said time and time again, people love a freebie. Then they will try it and say yes it may work. But so does everything else I've already got in the van. And a tenners worth of staples will probably do 100 times more beads than your tape

As I said time and time again, people love a freebie. Then they will try it and say yes it may work. But so does everything else I've already got in the van. And a tenners worth of staples will probably do 100 times more beads than your tape
i hear carpet adhesive is worth a go too? How can you try it and think it May work?

This tape thing has to stop now can we have a tape free 2021 like they did with cassette tape in late 90s nobody ever got on with um really used to get chewed up ta s**t!

This tape thing has to stop now can we have a tape free 2021 like they did with cassette tape in late 90s nobody ever got on with um really used to get chewed up ta s**t!
It's just the beginning for the tape mate, you were there for the conception that's why it feels such a long time you dirty old dog.

My pal told me about this forum. Thats how I signed up on here. The same pal told me about the above tool and how it was getting stick on here. He didn't listen to the masses and his tool disappeared into oblivion

My pal told me about this forum. Thats how I signed up on here. The same pal told me about the above tool and how it was getting stick on here. He didn't listen to the masses and his tool disappeared into oblivion

They’re a great tool. But only as a bucket trowel. Had one for what must be 10 years. Still going strong.

in recent years the best invention was staring us all in the face, and none of us seen it or realised its potential, after a while you buy some more and so on , also sold in garden centres,/diy shops etc, a big big improvement on its previous form, and none of us seen this simple effective idea,
it is of course, step forward, big yellow buckets, but good luck to tapit at least he is trying

in recent years the best invention was staring us all in the face, and none of us seen it or realised its potential, after a while you buy some more and so on , also sold in garden centres,/diy shops etc, a big big improvement on its previous form, and none of us seen this simple effective idea,
it is of course, step forward, big yellow buckets, but good luck to tapit at least he is trying
Got an idea for a bucket as well @hector

The holes are the thing that makes it work.
The plaster goes through the holes to bond onto the surface below instead of sitting on top of the surface and not creating a sufficient bond.
Also it allows for any expansion/contraction in plaster whilst drying which would wrinkle and debond a tape without the holes. The peel off paper means we do not have to use a release agent on the tape, which most tapes have to stop them sticking to their own top surface and not peeling off the roll.
this gives a better key for the plaster. The peel off strips make it much easier in use as well.
Ask and i will give the answers, much better than the slagging games?
Forgot to add the holes prevent trapped air and bubbles forming when smoothing out tape.

You have never worked overseas have you mate ? been in use in oz and nz for years