Starting to bite.

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23452

Materials shortages are starting to kick in now. The only good thing is that some of the 'big' firms are getting a taste of their own medicine and finding out that the old adage that there's always someone bigger is true.

Materials shortages.

We are noticing it down here now as the DIY shops are running out of cement and building sand. Couldnt get hardwall last week.

I have now bought all of the materials for teh rest of my "gentle" renovation and storing it till then

What you struggling with
Nothing personally, we're past the point where it affects things much. Quite a few trades are moaning though and some are struggling to get enough volume on site to make their money.

Everything is going mental
Like plaster last year now Micro processors apparently - gamers are buying up graphics cards
Oxygen in India
What is next

Nothing personally, we're past the point where it affects things much. Quite a few trades are moaning though and some are struggling to get enough volume on site to make their money.

I know my mate thsts a window fitter company rotating furlough as they cant get materials though have loads to go at

I know my mate thsts a window fitter company rotating furlough as they cant get materials though have loads to go at
The company we use were struggling to get the glazing units a while back. Then they started having problems getting the frames because the factories couldn't get enough polymers to mould them.

It's all a bit weird as there's plenty of work but a shortage of the stuff to do it.

Timber is definitely scarce as had to put up a new fence and if it wasn’t for my dad being a old costumer (he’s retired now) at the timber merchant wouldn’t of got any.
The stands were about 50% empty and they are one of the biggest trade fencing suppliers in my area.

Timber is definitely scarce as had to put up a new fence and if it wasn’t for my dad being a old costumer (he’s retired now) at the timber merchant wouldn’t of got any.
The stands were about 50% empty and they are one of the biggest trade fencing suppliers in my area.
Steel's the same, some RSJ sizes are hard to find at the moment.

It was about to happen post brexit, but I reckon things will go back to normal soonish. I heard lots of people having problems with returning goods like clothes etc if the company is based in eu as not every company is willing to cover border expenses. So then you are left with choice of paying it yourself which will cost you more than what you paid for it.

Yep. Can’t get a new car for 5 + months due to shortage of processors.
Wankstain.
Ours is on the boat lol.

AB9243F4-6D9B-4D4A-8F12-20593AE565FE.jpeg