Sponge float ?

Members online

No members online now.
Board finish gibbo. Used to be a dark red with little black grits in. You could just give it a couple of flattens and a little bit of water to finish .Nice stuff used ti pick up a bit though
Never seen dark red board finish?.........always been the same colour except the gray stuff from oop north.

I would like to see a sponge being used properly... I have yet to see anyone do it to a standard I would be proud of...

Reactions: Mag
Lets be honest plastering is for "rough cuunts".....not often i see lads in suits doing it.
Unless its the bosses ...who aint spreads there "business cuunts".
One coat magic rough c**t coat .i never use one as I've said only rough c**ts need it .

seems like hard work for pricks who can't lay on. if I'm ever forced to work on a crap rate might chance it. dirty way of working.

Bet 20inchlover and all the other sponge float lovers are site bashers. You can't use one coat, water sprayers and sponge floats on million pound houses. It makes a mess and one coating will never be as good as two coats. Passable yes, but some of us strive to be the best we can be, not just "acceptable".

Sponge floats always remind me of blue circle snowplast way better than universal one coat.

Phhhh...listen to all heroes...

Graveyards full of martyrs!!!

I'll stick to trying to earn maximum I can for minimum effort whilst trying to be competative when needed and feed a family!!!

If your the best and have all the rich clients, you don't have to be competitive, just name your price. That's the best way to feed a family

If your the best and have all the rich clients, you don't have to be competitive, just name your price. That's the best way to feed a family

Listen pal we don't all live on Mayfair!!!

Trust me at 2.50m2 going rate around my way pal site work...there lucky that its F*****g pink!!!

When you've lived and worked through a couple of recessions you realise life's not so rose tinted!!!

I wouldn't get out of bed for that rate mate, immove elsewhere and earn double ? I don't live in Mayfair, in fact I live in one of the less salubrious parts of the world, but there are plenty of people here with money that will pay if you're clean and your work is good enough.

One of the truest sayings in life - you get what you pay for and you earn what you're worth. I'd rather go skimt than work for half what I'm worth.

Back to subject- sponge floats are def for site monkeys on £2.50sqm :D

I wouldn't get out of bed for that rate mate, immove elsewhere and earn double ? I don't live in Mayfair, in fact I live in one of the less salubrious parts of the world, but there are plenty of people here with money that will pay if you're clean and your work is good enough.

One of the truest sayings in life - you get what you pay for and you earn what you're worth. I'd rather go skimt than work for half what I'm worth.

What a load of bollox...

So Let me get this straight a family mans supposed to pull his kids out of school away from all there friends and family.

Wife's supposed to leave good job and career of 20yrs...

I have 2 elderly grandparents that we care far...

Have all our friends and likewise work contacts blabla...

And what were supposed to move to get an extra 50p m2...

Likewise I can 1coat plasterboard unashamidley get 3 gauges in and earn earn very very good money by 3pm!

Don't knock what you don't know how to do pal!!!

To be clear, I don't give a s**t if you want to one coat and sponge on £2.50 Sqm... but it's not the best way to plaster, you're cutting corners because it's the only way you can make that dogshit rate pay. That is the discussion bud.

If you're wife has great career let her feed the family. You'll also probably find that education is directly relative to how affluent the area around it is. We can therefore assume the higher the plastering rate is the better the education the local schools have (save the odd anomaly). And no not 50p more. A lot more. You're clearly out of touch from too many recessions

Said this before lads I never have done this sponge float thing and each to there own I say .. There is that many trowels and different ways to get a finish no one will ever agree..

Got to see it to believe it
Got to be in it to win

All for one and one for all
TPF 2016

:rock:

I live and work in London but domestic only commercial in London you won't get much better than 2.50-3 a metre anyway there is no gold left I took it all back in 2007 before the crash thing is with the way multi is these days does any plastering look good til painted

Your just another gob shite.....i pay more tax a week than you earn.

Listen pal we don't all live on Mayfair!!!

Trust me at 2.50m2 going rate around my way pal site work...there lucky that its F*****g pink!!!

When you've lived and worked through a couple of recessions you realise life's not so rose tinted!!!
£2. 50 m2 I wouldn't start the van up for that . f**k me that's 70s prices where the f**k is that .move down south where it's sunny and warm and everyone's rich .

I can't see why people are knocking someone for making 2.50 pay me personally couldn't earn n that but if someone can make it pay fair play, typical example is I've been called in today to finish off what their plasterer couldn't and what I'm looking at is laughable needs a whole reskim but I'm just gonna do my work leave next to theirs and maybe just maybe people will realise you pay peanuts you get s**t

I can't see why people are knocking someone for making 2.50 pay me personally couldn't earn n that but if someone can make it pay fair play, typical example is I've been called in today to finish off what their plasterer couldn't and what I'm looking at is laughable needs a whole reskim but I'm just gonna do my work leave next to theirs and maybe just maybe people will realise you pay peanuts you get s**t
Buy cheap buy twice . I've had it with a builder I used to work for . I did his work then he got a cheaper guy in and then called saying the customer wasn't happy with his finish can you come back . I told him a straight no and a few f offs .

Buy cheap buy twice . I've had it with a builder I used to work for . I did his work then he got a cheaper guy in and then called saying the customer wasn't happy with his finish can you come back . I told him a straight no and a few f offs .
Don't cut your nose off to spite your face. I've said yes but my prices have gone up

Your just another gob shite.....i pay more tax a week than you earn.

Happy to bet on that if you want, big shot.

Post a picture of your last months CIS statement, I bet you're full of s**t just like your buddy earning "very very good money" on £2.50 Sqm lol. site bashing will never be as lucrative as large private work, even if you're big potato Charlie the contractor on £3 Sqm!

I dropped my phone so can't take pictures but if you could see what this other bloke has done u would laugh it's criminal really needs a full reskim best I can do is do my work and leave next to crap then hopefully they will get why proper trade people charge what they do thing is I got two bags to do why they couldn't finish it is beyond me

image.jpeg

Na
Don't cut your nose off to spite your face. I've said yes but my prices have gone up
Na he paid s**t plus once you've finished a job for him he seems not to want to answer the phone for a week . . As I've got older I seem to have strayed away working for builders as the want a load of work doing for rubbish money . I'm just about to piss another one off this week ?

Everyone is a plasterer these days it seems and it's nationwide the bellends we all gotta deal with it seems

Happy to bet on that if you want, big shot.

Post a picture of your last months CIS statement, I bet you're full of s**t just like your buddy earning "very very good money" on £2.50 Sqm lol. site bashing will never be as lucrative as large private work, even if you're big potato Charlie the contractor on £3 Sqm!

Calm down sir ...your taking it all too serious.
Im sorry and you win xx