Sponge float ?

Members online

I can't see why people are knocking someone for making 2.50 pay me personally couldn't earn n that but if someone can make it pay fair play, typical example is I've been called in today to finish off what their plasterer couldn't and what I'm looking at is laughable needs a whole reskim but I'm just gonna do my work leave next to theirs and maybe just maybe people will realise you pay peanuts you get s**t

The morris site im on were getting £2.50.
The 'brammal' type plot i get £1300 skimmed in a week.....ok its not the best rate ..but the money keeps my kids and misses entertained !!

The morris site im on were getting £2.50.
The 'brammal' type plot i get £1300 skimmed in a week.....ok its not the best rate ..but the money keeps my kids and misses entertained !!
Mate if you can make it work fair play its what's available where you are and you make a living out of it gotta admire that my site mates in London don't get much more than that anyone who says different is talking bollox I stick to domestic because it suits me I done 9 years on sites schools houses hospitals before the crash and we would go at it a 1000mph all day everyday when I started 17 years ago it was 4.50 skim then kept going down in the recession firms were paying 1.80 it was a god send when you found a 2.25 rate I moved over to domestic because it's all there was at the time and slowly have got enough to keep myself going I would dread to think how much I would earn on site these days like I said I've taken all the decent gold for my patio so that's why rates stay low,plus in London there is more than enough plasterers or so called plasterers working for them rates so it's another reason they stay low

Mate if you can make it work fair play its what's available where you are and you make a living out of it gotta admire that my site mates in London don't get much more than that anyone who says different is talking bollox I stick to domestic because it suits me I done 9 years on sites schools houses hospitals before the crash and we would go at it a 1000mph all day everyday when I started 17 years ago it was 4.50 skim then kept going down in the recession firms were paying 1.80 it was a god send when you found a 2.25 rate I moved over to domestic because it's all there was at the time and slowly have got enough to keep myself going I would dread to think how much I would earn on site these days like I said I've taken all the decent gold for my patio so that's why rates stay low,plus in London there is more than enough plasterers or so called plasterers working for them rates so it's another reason they stay low

£2/3/4 i think id do it for free to be honest i love the peace and quiet.
My home is a mad house !!

£2/3/4 i think id do it for free to be honest i love the peace and quiet.
My home is a mad house !!
I wouldn't I've had a few moments this week where I've wanted to put my tools in the bin up against it got man flu and was ready to pack it in but have to keep going cos it pays the bills with a 8 year old and an 18 month old it makes it even harder to just not pack it in

Ive done all uk mate.... rates good and bad.
Ive seen lads bicker on here loads of times about rates.....me personally i dont understand why its other peoples business what others earn.
Its only a job at the end of the day.
Ive skimmed as low as £1.80 in the bad times and just whistled my way through it.
Earned £500 a day with a gang in the good times.
And drank my through it !!
+ i have a small cock.
If this makes anyone feel better.

Prices are s**t , that's for sure. Recently I had a call from developer offering £4 walls,£5ceiling for domestic! Really , why should I when I do better on site, in fact I will do twice better! Prices are very variable ,but the standard rate across the boarder is 3.50 and there is above and below options too. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how you did it- one coat, sponge, two coats......if is ok, who cares.

Prices are s**t , that's for sure. Recently I had a call from developer offering £4 walls,£5ceiling for domestic! Really , why should I when I do better on site, in fact I will do twice better! Prices are very variable ,but the standard rate across the boarder is 3.50 and there is above and below options too. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how you did it- one coat, sponge, two coats......if is ok, who cares.
Any jobs going? [emoji6]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ive done all uk mate.... rates good and bad.
Ive seen lads bicker on here loads of times about rates.....me personally i dont understand why its other peoples business what others earn.
Its only a job at the end of the day.
Ive skimmed as low as £1.80 in the bad times and just whistled my way through it.
Earned £500 a day with a gang in the good times.
And drank my through it !!
+ i have a small cock.
If this makes anyone feel better.
Only a man with a massive dong happily admits to having a tiddler(y)

sd think i got there number somewhere
Yeah Simon Dixon one of the better blokes to work for,I've worked for a few back in day bagleys drywall solutions mainly when work was tight but now I'm ticking over on domestic stuff prefer an easy life I don't want to be that spread with knee and arm supports my body is a temple well temple of doom really

We use a different trowel for putting on. Then a different one for sponge
And a different one for final .
Certain trowels at certain stages of the set really come into there own.
You would never me admitting this a while back. It was strictly flat brush,Mt ss and Mt carbon. Always has and always will. But I had to change my methods cut out the strain on body and working harder . Now we all follow suite and it works . The trade is progressing on the tool side and I personally think it's for the better..... Or are we just catching up to are European brothers?. I can't answere that. We all do it differently but the most important thing is the end result and how it's been achieved.most of our work is 70 / 30 site based . Not so long ago we used to be at the gates with our spanner. @ 6.45 rushing to get a mix on for 7. Finishing @ 5.30 pm after 3 big sets. But how long can that go on for? Now I think back to those days and am gratefull that I/ we have embraced the modern methods that our out there..The building sites are changing in the north west. Gone are the days of working a full Saturday and Sunday.gone are the says of the early gauge.The times they are a changing boys. I think it won't be long before plastering will be an hourly rate like some other trades on site. One thing which is more common on sites, is the lack of plant are fellow spreads have. It's quite frightening. I couldn't imagine turning up on site asking fellow gangs to use there whisk , genny, screwgun. But it seems common practice now. Sad but true
No chance wud pLastering be rolled out on hourly rate it wud cost builders/developers more in the long run its cheaper them giving it out on price..company's prefer plasterers to be in and out so other trades can get on..

you millwall bod pagey
Me nah I'm a gooner but my boy is charlton so we got season tickets to go their but but Mrs family are all millwall season ticket holders have been for years I know a few of the millwall older boys from the boozer don't see them anymore I'm not allowed out now I got kids

I worked for @superspread he a big yiddo trying times they were still no matter how crap we are you can't finish above us my number was gonna change if you won the league though think that would of been the ultimate embarrassment for me
at the end of the day we acheived our goal you didnt

He's signed sum rite shite as Wenger..hes old school now not a modern day manager he thinks market worth is 10years ago he dsnt get the fact he's got to spend big..dont see point in buying loads of mediocre players for 20mill plus just spend massive on 2 stars and ud piss the league

We are a club that sees fans as customers now just a cash cow most expensive tickets in Europe match day revenue over 3mill and what do we get that donkey sanogo mertasacker turns like a tank it's a blessing he is injured Walcott is pony giroud is a donkey we lucky oz il and Sanchez have stayed wenger is a clown he runs that club and he won't spend money like its his own we have a yank owner who attends max 3 games a year and don't care if we win a gibbo even if we win nothing all I can cling on to at the min is that we can finish above you we will drop out top 4 this season I'd put my house on that

We are a club that sees fans as customers now just a cash cow most expensive tickets in Europe match day revenue over 3mill and what do we get that donkey sanogo mertasacker turns like a tank it's a blessing he is injured Walcott is pony giroud is a donkey we lucky oz il and Sanchez have stayed wenger is a clown he runs that club and he won't spend money like its his own we have a yank owner who attends max 3 games a year and don't care if we win a gibbo even if we win nothing all I can cling on to at the min is that we can finish above you we will drop out top 4 this season I'd put my house on that
you had a good season you did not finish 4th