Speedskim or eze spat?

Members online

Eze spat, I can finish walls or ceilings with it with ease had it for a few years now I've just today ordered a blue speedskim so I'll see what that's like.

Eze spat, I can finish walls or ceilings with it with ease had it for a few years now I've just today ordered a blue speedskim so I'll see what that's like.
Yep I agree. I believe they are lighter than the eze spats. Not a clue on price difference mind?? would need the pole set up tho with it??

Do I need to do anything with the corners of the blue speedcam i've just ordered?

not really I just took a little round off the corners with some sandpaper .
if you find its leaving lines reduce the pressure your putting on the blade and keeping the angle shallow will also help.

£64 for 600 with pole attachment. I have an 800 eze and like the size of that but I have the original metal tube pole it's a fair old weight, Be good to try the speedskim.

£64 for 600 with pole attachment. I have an 800 eze and like the size of that but I have the original metal tube pole it's a fair old weight, Be good to try the speedskim.
I've the original eZe set up too the old pole attachment too not the new wing nut type. Still love it tho. I use them regular I find them a big help

How much Scott for a 1m or 600mm with the pole set up? and best place to purchase?

i think the twin pack is about best value for money theres a 600 a 1200 and the pole attachment in it then all's needed is any screw thread decorators pole about 7 quid from screwfix is as good as any.
speedskim direct or p1SS.

i think the twin pack is about best value for money theres a 600 a 1200 and the pole attachment in it then all's needed is any screw thread decorators pole about 7 quid from screwfix is as good as any.
speedskim direct or p1SS.
I've got decent pole for my glue roller so i'l get on ebay or is it best ordering from elsewhere??

I think the build quality on both the eze spat and the speedskim are sh!t-hot too.
i don't think I've ever read about a single quality issue with either.

Says it can be used for s&c and mono. Anyone done that? Is it rigid enough to rule?
I have used it on mono but I am by no means a mono expert and was hand applying in two passes, with a wet'ish mix on the second pass. I thought it was ok.

Do I need to do anything with the corners of the blue speedcam i've just ordered?
personal preference marra I do others do not. try as is and if you think you need to put a radius on do it with your snips or rub them down with wet n dry

Used the speedskim today on a fan pattern artex ceiling. Honestly didn't rate it over my EZE spat - It was leaving 2 lines at each end of the blade (I'll sort the corners and try again) - I also do not like the angle it's at and the fact I can't change the angle. They say it's at the optimum angle...let me decide what's optimal as this clearly is not.

I found the "Optimal" angle was far too open and caused dragging - I manipulated the angle to more closed and it worked better but it just felt a bit clumsy compared to the EZE which I've set the angle at for my own comfort and convenience.

I'm not giving up on it but I might just use it for walls and use the EZE for ceilings.

IMAG1125.jpg
IMAG1124.jpg

Used the speedskim today on a fan pattern artex ceiling. Honestly didn't rate it over my EZE spat - It was leaving 2 lines at each end of the blade (I'll sort the corners and try again) - I also do not like the angle it's at and the fact I can't change the angle. They say it's at the optimum angle...let me decide what's optimal as this clearly is not.

I found the "Optimal" angle was far too open and caused dragging - I manipulated the angle to more closed and it worked better but it just felt a bit clumsy compared to the EZE which I've set the angle at for my own comfort and convenience.

I'm not giving up on it but I might just use it for walls and use the EZE for ceilings.
Granty if you bend the corners back it will take the edge of the st slightly as the blade is new, which will slightly decrease the lines that you are getting, as the blade gets some wearing in the lines become less of a problem also if you carry on using it through your gauge the lines go as the gear fims up, maybe give it a few weeks to master technique,

like the trainers by the way :cool:

Cheers Vince - I've been using spats for years I don't think mastering the technique is the problem tbh. I've been spoiled with the eze.