Speedskim or eze spat?

Tinytom

Alright lads, as the title suggests really I know the obvious difference one is plastic and one steel but which does everyone prefer?
My work is mainly reskims, never tried either got a few big lids coming up before Xmas so going to treat myself to an early present.

Try both if you can mate? Ilove the eze spat and have the 1m and 600mm ones. Great for tackling ceilings and big walls.

Love the eze spat....
Love the new speedskim sf
Fined the st (blue blade pointless)
If i had to choose i would go for the speedskim sf as its lighter and more comfortable in my hands....

the scottie-scam mk2 is the future.
and truth be told is even better then the original scottie-scam which in its self was borderline genius.
(y)
20161127_195944.jpg

20161127_195911.jpg

Attachments

• 20161127_195836-1.jpg
    20161127_195836-1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 399
Is that a Scottie Sam free sample? Lol
Think I'll give the eze a try, I'm not a fan of plastic trowels

Preferred the speedskim than the eze spat. Don't get me wrong, the spat is OK but I ended up having to use more water with it and was slower even thou it's bigger than a trowel. Maybe I need to get the hang of it more because only used it a few times because been doing alot of different jobs all year.

Iv just started using eze spat and it is taking more water on my work but I think it'll wear in a pull less on the plaster. Well I hope it will....

Do speedskim not do those with the stainless steel tip?? I've never rated them infact hated the original one (the grey cavity closer type) bought an eze spat and never looked back. but @scottie5 rates these new blue ones and he knows his onions so to speak and curiosity makes me think I may give them a try? :coffe:

Do speedskim not do those with the stainless steel tip?? I've never rated them infact hated the original one (the grey cavity closer type) bought an eze spat and never looked back. but @scottie5 rates these new blue ones and he knows his onions so to speak and curiosity makes me think I may give them a try? :coffe:

the new speedskim SF is the new metal tipped finishing blade Greg it's very good and very much like the spat just lighter and more comfortable to hold.
the ST blade is the blue plastic blade its a great tool for flattening skim and for the first couple of passes on it , (and also good for closing up backing coats) this blue blade is fantastic it replaced the old grey one but it is so much better then that was.

Speedskim ST all the way I find flattening great because it doesn't bring all the moisture out

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

the new speedskim SF is the new metal tipped finishing blade Greg it's very good and very much like the spat just lighter and more comfortable to hold.
the ST blade is the blue plastic blade its a great tool for flattening skim and for the first couple of passes on it , (and also good for closing up backing coats) this blue blade is fantastic it replaced the old grey one but it is so much better then that was.
You prefer the metal tip or blue plastic if you had to choose one?

I really can't see the benefit of a piece of plastic to flatten over
Perhaps I'm missing a trick?
I do like to do a nice big gauge 10-15 sheets is a nice hit.
I might get the speed skim out next time I'm skimming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess the blue plastic blade is slightly thicker than the 0.3mm steel one, giving it a bit extra rigidness?

Give it a go, I was sceptical at first, but I am a convert now. I recently used my 1200 on a ceiling via the pole, got 1st coat really flat, finished it with the 600.

I assumed it was just used for flattening?
I'm indoors for a few days so I'll give it another go
It's the old style one mind
Anything to help the old bones!!

I assumed it was just used for flattening?
I'm indoors for a few days so I'll give it another go
It's the old style one mind
Anything to help the old bones!!
If it's got the white/grey blade I had one and it wasn't very good

Spat for me I took me some time to get use to it with some good advise from marshy it paid off for me and never stays in the van keep them clean and more you use it the better it will be

I had the one with white/grey blade and it wasn't very good
The blue one is just the same pal... bought one to give it a 2nd try and ended up selling it.... yes it does flatten the wall but not as good as the sf or spat.... ànd you can use these alot further into the gauge....

Never used a speedskim but use a spat, so would be interesred in trying a metal bladed one.

whats the better size 600 or 1200 ?

Can the blades be changed / replaced ?