Speedskim AGAIN......

Members online

Oneeyey

Hey guys ... right im gonna bite the bullet and invest in a speedskim ... now what exactly is the procedure from mixing to final trowel ... its hard to let go of my MT extra lite ..:mad:

This might help

Attachments

• images-4.jpg
    images-4.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 380
Watch the plaster man's video on extra time and adapt to your own way of using it I prefer the eze spat it took me some time to get to finish with it but with greate advice from Greg I use it when ever possible now

Hey guys ... right im gonna bite the bullet and invest in a speedskim ... now what exactly is the procedure from mixing to final trowel ... its hard to let go of my MT extra lite ..:mad:

I think there was a thread "speedskim or eze spat"
Good results on both here.

Put on then rule off wen its piss wet literally rule it off b4 you e washed ur tools out then a few minutes after giving it first pass give it another pass then that's it..only use mine to flatten

Put on then rule off wen its piss wet literally rule it off b4 you e washed ur tools out then a few minutes after giving it first pass give it another pass then that's it..only use mine to flatten
I tried it again yesterday but I still can't get the hang of it to get it to a point that it's a valuable tool!

I suppose it's OK on board work but anything other I don't see the point in bothering

A hawk is what older plasterers term for handboard.
This is traditional name used in plastering.
Why people now want to call it a hand board is by me.
Do colleges now call it hand board.
Why change names our forefathers used in my opinion.

Not up north mate ....... Sure my grandad called it a handboard which am guessing my great grandad did aswell ..... Lol

Not up north mate ....... Sure my grandad called it a handboard which am guessing my great grandad did aswell ..... Lol
Good shout,,,maybe I am wrong.
I'm in Glasgow, when I was at college 1982 it was refered to as hawk, also all the old tradesman called it that.
Is it a regional thing.
Any college lecturers out there to say what they call it.

And for the record it's a f**k**g handboard !!! If your old enough to remember a film called Kes then that's your hawk (kestrel) but a member of the Hawk family along with Chesney and uncle and auntie Hawk and Grandad Hawk etc

And for the record it's a f**k**g handboard !!! If your old enough to remember a film called Kes then that's your hawk (kestrel) but a member of the Hawk family along with Chesney and uncle and auntie Hawk and Grandad Hawk etc
It's fecking grim up north...

I tried it again yesterday but I still can't get the hang of it to get it to a point that it's a valuable tool!

I suppose it's OK on board work but anything other I don't see the point in bothering
Is it a 1.2m you using or 600? I use mine on everything crappy old artex overskims, pisted up old wonky wall and boards,do as kitchy says then let it settle for 10 minutes and have another wipe round with it (600 blue) most people say they don't like them as they leave lines on edges but as gear stiffens they smooth over and it's then happy days.also worth getting a 300 for reveal's imo.
I don't do the big hits so for me I prefer the 600 I find can get better control,pressure and finish than 1.2m but each of us is different it also don't hurt my lower back as much using 600 as I struggle to squat down