Speedskim AGAIN......

Sorry bud I've just known it as a hawk,plus handboard sounds retarted,no biggie mate peace

Why dont speedskim make a trowel version say about 16 inch?
Scottie5 you could come up with a version i could copy.

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1469127258.040038.jpg
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1469127279.428112.jpg

Sorry bud I've just known it as a hawk,plus handboard sounds retarted,no biggie mate peace
Fair enough ? But at least get involved pal? Or is it buddy or mate round your way?? For example, milk round here is strong lager??

I just enjoy reading your boys post they crack me up plus kitschy I only disagree wiv Clemo when he talks about how good fury is cause cleary he's shite pal.

While we are on the subject I finally cracked me nack with my pink blade,thought it might be worth a mention.Have tried a few times with the pink steel Speedskim and tbh gave up trying,just used to think no it's crap.
Over last month I been giving it benefit of the doubt and now come to love it.Started using it right towards the end of gauge when it nearly done but still a tad moist still leaves a very faint trowel edge line and judders if to much pressure but if kept near enough flat with very steady firm but soft pressure gets it a dream imo,zero water on plaster.. First 2 pictures is right at end of gauge but just slightly wet with first pink 600 ..3 n 4 last and final flick over.
WP_20160721_14_20_30_Pro.jpg
WP_20160721_14_20_39_Pro.jpg
WP_20160721_14_50_39_Pro.jpg
WP_20160721_14_50_48_Pro.jpg

This one was Artex overskim

Last edited by a moderator:
While we are on the subject I finally cracked me nack with my pink blade,thought it might be worth a mention.Have tried a few times with the pink steel Speedskim and tbh gave up trying,just used to think no it's crap.
Over last month I been giving it benefit of the doubt and now come to love it.Started using it right towards the end of gauge when it nearly done but still a tad moist still leaves a very faint trowel edge line and judders if to much pressure but if kept near enough flat with very steady firm but soft pressure gets it a dream imo,zero water on plaster.. First 2 pictures is right at end of gauge but just slightly wet with first pink 600 ..3 n 4 last and final flick over.
View attachment 12901 View attachment 12902 View attachment 12903 View attachment 12904

What u on about now pete.
Just smack the fu**** with a speedplazspatspongeflex and bobs your uncle,,,, without that carry on.

Is it a 1.2m you using or 600? I use mine on everything crappy old artex overskims, pisted up old wonky wall and boards,do as kitchy says then let it settle for 10 minutes and have another wipe round with it (600 blue) most people say they don't like them as they leave lines on edges but as gear stiffens they smooth over and it's then happy days.also worth getting a 300 for reveal's imo.
I don't do the big hits so for me I prefer the 600 I find can get better control,pressure and finish than 1.2m but each of us is different it also don't hurt my lower back as much using 600 as I struggle to squat down
I have the 600 yeah
I've trimmed and rollEd the corner but as you mention I still find it leaves lines
Saying that I've only used it to flatten off straight after I've put on

I've got some decent area to get on Saturday f**king weekend work! So might persevere with it again and try your tips and see what happens

View attachment 12901 View attachment 12902 View attachment 12903 View attachment 12904

So u getting it flat as u would if u went over with the Mt u having results on the wAlls using the pink

So u getting it flat as u would if u went over with the Mt u having results on the wAlls using the pink
2 goes over straight away like kitchy says with blue plastic 600 little chill out then another 1 or 2 (so quick with them it don't matter how many times tbh) then right at nearly end swap to my pink for a soft gentle last 2 flicks over , walls ceiling reveals, on some s**t,s**t re skims tbh might have to have mt just in case it's not all gone to plan but pink one I liking now so ain't using zela sf anymore (but they are good trowels still).. I'd say if you have a pink you not been using give it a chance , it's cheered me up.

2 goes over straight away like kitchy says with blue plastic 600 little chill out then another 1 or 2 (so quick with them it don't matter how many times tbh) then right at nearly end swap to my pink for a soft gentle last 2 flicks over , walls ceiling reveals, on some s**t,s**t re skims tbh might have to have mt just in case it's not all gone to plan but pink one I liking now so ain't using zela sf anymore (but they are good trowels still).. I'd say if you have a pink you not been using give it a chance , it's cheered me up.
Mines staying as my dog s**t scraper even tho I havnt got a dog

Pink is G**

I have the 600 yeah
I've trimmed and rollEd the corner but as you mention I still find it leaves lines
Saying that I've only used it to flatten off straight after I've put on

I've got some decent area to get on Saturday f**king weekend work! So might persevere with it again and try your tips and see what happens
This blue was brand new blade I put in on Monday I never curve corners or sand just give them a good bending back before I start plastering as I keep them in white blade covers ,if that helps.
Some curve them down but I think waste of time as they still have an edge if you know what I mean.
WP_20160721_21_49_26_Pro.jpg
WP_20160721_21_50_35_Pro.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This blue was brand new blade I put in on Monday I never curve corners or sand just give them a good blending back before I start plastering as I keep them in white blade covers ,if that helps.
Some curve them down but I think waste of time as they still have an edge if you know what I mean.
View attachment 12905 View attachment 12906
Yeah I actually better it back and then when I finished just popped it back straight to go in the white plastic protector.
I'll definitely give it another whirl though!

I've got pagey telling me he's getting on with his new one as well

I hate being left out haha

Mines staying as my dog s**t scraper even tho I havnt got a dog

Is the sf speedskim no good kitchy ??
Im using 18" trowels.
I think there big enough considering the amount of angles pipes wires and cupboards are in the morris homes im skimming.....anyone here use them ??
Only thing ive found with supa flex trowels...for final pass there not much good when they get to sharp.
Cant be arsed ordering new (blunt) ones all the time.