Some Help & Advice Please...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
She posted a pic of herself on a thread ages ago when i said she was tidy. The fact i look like the count off sesame street or a two legged badger wrapped in a curtain ruined it :endesacuerdo:

Don't forget you're from the wrong side of the Pennines --and talk with a funny accent :inocente::inocente::lol:

image.jpeg

C&G is not recognised on sites. NVQ is and will give you accesses to higher paid jobs . That's the bottom line . It used to be NVQ or equivalent , but now is NVQ only.

Achieving your NVQ will allow you to get the correct CSCS Card. Both of these are now mandatory on around 80% of the construction sites in the UK.

You could try going through the profiled route with CSCS but you pay them £500 and the answer could be no then you need to pay a provider to deliver your NVQ.

The reason grandfather rights etc are not being allowed is just due to the HSE being changed over the years and still to this day being constantly changed - the NVQ covers all H&S aspects, that's mainly why its required.

Im too oldfor that lark and never needed a CSCS as i hate sitr work with a passion but i knowthey will hit domestics with some similar crap sooner rather than later!?? Do we get to go to dinner Lynn ?? :birra:

You could try going through the profiled route with CSCS but you pay them £500 and the answer could be no then you need to pay a provider to deliver your NVQ.

The reason grandfather rights etc are not being allowed is just due to the HSE being changed over the years and still to this day being constantly changed - the NVQ covers all H&S aspects, that's mainly why its required.
I got a gold cscs card for doing my city&guilds years ago so there still matter..u always c vans sign written saying city&guilds trained u dnt c vans nvq trained because there r shite in my opinion

My apprentice is doing the nvq and on his 3rd year he is miles behind everything i ever did

3rd year was moulding work only when i did it or "advanced craft" as it was called then. I'l bet Lynn wasnt even born in the 80's ;)

3rd year was moulding work only when i did it or "advanced craft" as it was called then. I'l bet Lynn wasnt even born in the 80's ;)
We did moulding all the way thru on 1st,2nd and 3rd in 3rd year that's wen mouldings got alot harder like but I knew I was never guna go into fibrous so was a ball ache doing

We only touched on moulding work in the second year. I loved it as you needed to be decent to make it look right

Glad you all approve of my wats app picture :hola:

:tanguero:

C&G is not recognised on sites. NVQ is and will give you accesses to higher paid jobs . That's the bottom line . It used to be NVQ or equivalent , but now is NVQ only.

And we all want higher paid jobs :envidioso I really just want the security
Working for a company covers your insurance
You don't have to worry about sorting out your books
Or in some cases your materials, Your holidays will be paid
And you'll have consistant work. All that sounds good to me (y)

Achieving your NVQ will allow you to get the correct CSCS Card. Both of these are now mandatory on around 80% of the construction sites in the UK.

Thanks for clarifying that as a lot of information online is misleading
And with all the available qualifications, It's hard to know what to get.

It's the Blue Skilled Worker CSCS Card that I need
For the jobs I want to apply for so that's the aim in 2016 :sisi:

My apprentice is doing the nvq and on his 3rd year he is miles behind everything i ever did

Three years o_O Is he going for his level three
And what qualifications has he picked up so far?

Did everything plaster work wise but also s**t loads of paper work

All the paper work is off putting and unnecessary :estudioso:
I did look into going back to college a few years ago
And they wanted me to do two days on site, two days plastering at college
And a day getting my English, Science and Maths GCSE's to C standard.

I don't want to go to college for two years
Because Plastering wise I already know 80-90% of what they're teaching
Not to mention the cost of the course (around £1500)
And more importantly the lose of wages (£200+ per week)

Hes got his level 2 and will piss his level 3 if the curriculum is anything to go by its a farce at best

:tanguero:

And we all want higher paid jobs :envidioso I really just want the security
Working for a company covers your insurance
You don't have to worry about sorting out your books
Or in some cases your materials, Your holidays will be paid
And you'll have consistant work. All that sounds good to me (y)

Thanks for clarifying that as a lot of information online is misleading
And with all the available qualifications, It's hard to know what to get.

It's the Blue Skilled Worker CSCS Card that I need
For the jobs I want to apply for so that's the aim in 2016 :sisi:

Three years o_O Is he going for his level three
And what qualifications has he picked up so far?

All the paper work is off putting and unnecessary :estudioso:
I did look into going back to college a few years ago
And they wanted me to do two days on site, two days plastering at college
And a day getting my English, Science and Maths GCSE's to C standard.

I don't want to go to college for two years
Because Plastering wise I already know 80-90% of what they're teaching
Not to mention the cost of the course (around £1500)
And more importantly the lose of wages (£200+ per week)
£200+a week! That all u charge!? Cum work For me at that..under cutting ursen there buddy If u know wat ur doing y are u working For that? £40 a day?

Hes got his level 2 and will piss his level 3 if the curriculum is anything to go by its a farce at best

Is he ready to work on his own? You should be good to go at level 2.

£200+a week! That all u charge!? Cum work For me at that..under cutting ursen there buddy If u know wat ur doing y are u working For that? £40 a day?

No I'd only be missing three days of work for college
I don't charge by the day, I prefer to charge by the job.

I usually pick up around £400 a week
I know some plasters who charge £600 a week
But in fairness they're better (more experienced and quicker) than me.

Lol....there's a few on here who charge a bit more than £600 per week:ROFLMAO:

Is he ready to work on his own? You should be good to go at level 2.

No I'd only be missing three days of work for college
I don't charge by the day, I prefer to charge by the job.

I usually pick up around £400 a week
I know some plasters who charge £600 a week
But in fairness they're better (more experienced and quicker) than me.
Whereabouts are you in the country?

Of course it depends on the cost of materials and overheads but charging more than £120 a day per person is a bit extreme.
Is it balls u charge wat u want..if its domestic we charge per room so say 2 of us skimmed a decent sized living room in day we wudnt just put £120* 2 men f**k that we wud charge x amount be it £5 6 or £700 if we did it in day we did it in day not there problem

Is it balls u charge wat u want..if its domestic we charge per room so say 2 of us skimmed a decent sized living room in day we wudnt just put £120* 2 men f**k that we wud charge x amount be it £5 6 or £700 if we did it in day we did it in day not there problem

That's why I said it's better to price the job than to charge a day rate.

People can't complain about being undercut when they're charging ridiculous prices and let's be honest we're less skilled than electricians and plumbers (our work is more simple and the trade is easier to learn) you'd probably argue that we work harder physically but our work takes less knowledge and that's undeniable.

I`m 2 min from Watford, can`t believe them prices to be honest.
You work in a gang or on your tod?

What prices!?! I've not given a price, all I said was I'd expect to lose over £200 if I had three days off to attend college.

Sometimes I work with people I know and other times I go alone, just depends on what comes up.

What prices!?! I've not given a price, all I said was I'd expect to lose over £200 if I had three days off to attend college.

Sometimes I work with people I know and other times I go alone, just depends on what comes up.

Prices of £120 a day in the southern half of the country! Bit extreme!!

This all boils back to the 'tradesman'.

I bet there are lads earning double that figure that you mentioned, AND they will undercut you when pricing a decent sized job.

Because they will be proper tradesmen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I'm the best plaster out there, in fact I know there are people out there that can work faster and who have more experience but I also know that I don't rip people off.

How can somebody earn more than me and undercut me all at the same time? What you said doesn't make a great deal of sense o_O

How can somebody earn more than me and undercut me all at the same time? What you said doesn't make a great deal of sense o_O

If you can't understand that I'm afraid I can't help you my friend.

If you consider anything over 120 in the Watford area is ripping people off then I can only think that the people who's work you have seen turn out work at an exceptionally slow rate

Like I've said already I don't charge a day rate and very few people I know do.

Out of interest what do you think a good plasterer should be charging per day in this area?

I suppose a really good plaster with a lot of experience and a good reputation could charge £150 per day.

I don't have a problem working for £90 per day if I'm on a job with others.

£200 a day no question.

On site ( which is widely received as a poor mans game) in the lowest paid part of the country, (say north west as an example?)
Plasterers are earning £150 a day on price, and they aren't even the quicker ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.