small van????

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have everything i need to get me through the day i dont do what malc does and load up every day and unload every night very very rarely do i have to pop to my lock up to pick up something i could do with:RpS_thumbup:

iv got a transit connect which iv now only had a month or so, found it better than the astravan i had before that as i struggled to get most things in there.... in this van i can fit 6x3 boards easily as the front passenger seat goes right down into the well
i tend to work with 6x3 boards more anyway as most of my work is in small areas and i do alot of ceilings for some reason

i also do plumbing and tiling so a van this size is good

I have a mwb semi high top transit and could not survive with anything smaller. Even though I have a lock up and a shed I seem to carry around probably a lot of crap I won't need but at least it's there. Had my cement mixer, bath and barrow in there for ages now. Would be nice to drive a little connect around.

iv got a transit connect which iv now only had a month or so, found it better than the astravan i had before that as i struggled to get most things in there.... in this van i can fit 6x3 boards easily as the front passenger seat goes right down into the well
i tend to work with 6x3 boards more anyway as most of my work is in small areas and i do alot of ceilings for some reason

i also do plumbing and tiling so a van this size is good

What if you have a mate/lab with you? I always think you just sacrifice things by having a smaller van.

On domestics you can unexpectedly need a number of different tools. Non plastering tools such as expanding foam. Kango. Mini Angle grinder. Brickys trowel. A pack of drill bits. Etc have all come in handy at a time when if i didnt have them id be ******
Not to mention spare hawk, couple of spare rollers. mixer, cordless drill just incase. 3 different size hop ups. Short plank. Steps. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Ive got a bin full of tarps in the back! I can have all of that and still get 10 8x4s and half a dozen bags in.

Think you need an artic not a van:RpS_biggrin:

Lol only got a swb tranny and the only things hat are on the floor are a bin full of tarps in one corner. Buckets in another and hopups strapped to the back of the bulkhead. So even though ive got all that in ive still got an empty floorspace

No it really isnt mate. Its tidy as in everything's in its place but its dusty. Dried pva on the floor etc lol

beddy i took a pic of the back of my truck its a bit disorganised at the mo but things are still in there place..........ish but im not sure how to get it on here, if you know how i can send it to you then you could put it up for me:RpS_biggrin:

That's the beauty of a van malc, you put your gear in the back, not on the roof!:RpS_biggrin:

no we do not have anything on the roof. ours is the single cab with a full size butt, a work horse. the butt takes a 8x4 sheet laid flat and 3.6m cove on the diagonal. a ton and a quarter load. these a very easy to load and unload for the sole trader.

Is it just me or the new transit looks to have shrunk?? :RpS_unsure:

There's not many new trannys out yet mate! They've brought out the transit custom to compete with the transporter market, but also have a new transit which is same size! (Really like the custom though!)

Transit connect high roof version is what I used till last year got vivaro now but the connect was sound used to get 8*4 in there with passenger seat folded down end of day if your taking big jobs on with a lot of gear get it delivered?..

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1403207115.959959.jpg
Back of my iveco daily mwb.
It has all I need in there in that pic for day to day. I get my belle mixer and a barrow in when I need it but have a trailer for the big site mixer.
She's a good workhorse.

What if you have a mate/lab with you? I always think you just sacrifice things by having a smaller van.
i never work with anyone else but if i did the plasterboards would fit through the middle, i have space for 1700mmin the back so they only go another 100mm so not a massive issue

rightly or wrongly I tend to pick materials up from wickes at wknd for the week ahead so depending I may have 20 - 30 bags same again boards etc and just keep stock in. Sadley no garage but if I did Id get a monthly deliverey to house and then just take what I needed each day if had small van. so for me my vans my lockup/garage/shed aswell!!!:RpS_thumbdn:

I am battling to stay in a standard size transit. I really could do with a mwb mid roof but I use it for all sorts and like to keep park ability and manoeuvre ability on my side. Could never go back the back breaking days of a small van that you can't get in the back of

I am battling to stay in a standard size transit. I really could do with a mwb mid roof but I use it for all sorts and like to keep park ability and manoeuvre ability on my side. Could never go back the back breaking days of a small van that you can't get in the back of

Try the swb med roof. That's what ive got. You get a 3m run into the bulkhead. I Can stand up too. I am a short arse though.

I went from an astravan to a renault trafic and haven't regretted it one bit, got it all racked out, got all my plastering and decorating gear and all power tools, and can still get a good amount of 8x4s in and a dozen bags if needed.

i dont know how to get it off my phone and onto here i could txt it to someone who does know and they could do it for me, i did say this to beddy last night

I remember you saying you have two vans to get your kit to site, are the both SWB?

I often wonder how anyone gets by in a little van, pretty much all our work is all domestics, so we have to load the van full of boards to protect patios etc, machine kit, or cement mixer, load a pallet of gear if its a small extension, beads, and then bring all the waste back home to the unit.

How can anyone work with any kind of efficiency out of a small van

Status
Not open for further replies.