small van????

Status
Not open for further replies.
phone content 341.jpg this bad boy

looks nice that fela!!!

though bet that cost as much as a tranny with juice and road tax???:RpS_confused:

The swb will I think Tony. Have to be flat on the floor or ontop of your gear though iirc. Take a pic of the inside @Jace

Last edited by a moderator:
ill see what i can do will have to be tomrow though i cnt be arsed to go back outside tonight

On domestics you can unexpectedly need a number of different tools. Non plastering tools such as expanding foam. Kango. Mini Angle grinder. Brickys trowel. A pack of drill bits. Etc have all come in handy at a time when if i didnt have them id be ******
Not to mention spare hawk, couple of spare rollers. mixer, cordless drill just incase. 3 different size hop ups. Short plank. Steps. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Ive got a bin full of tarps in the back! I can have all of that and still get 10 8x4s and half a dozen bags in.

got spare hawk, got ladders and a hop up my drill box has 2 drills in and loads of drill bits kept in the top compartment of the box got 2 brickys trowels, took the mini angle grinder off the other day on a rendering job and its still there and loads of sheets not come accross a job where ive needed more than ive got so far anyway even put a socket set in there the other day cos i couldnt get the bloody shop sign off with just my adjustables

like i said a place for everything and everything in its place

arr lass says that when im putting her toys away in her knicker drawer!!!

its like an old mans shed with the marker pen outlines for each 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiittttttttttt:flapper:

but can you fit all that in then chuck in a cement mixer, tower and a dozen bags of sand. or 10 8X4s?

but i dont need to so there you go a cement mixer would fit in the truck had one in there before but then you wouldnt need to put on a cement mixer and dozen bags of sand, for a dozen bags of sand id just use the 75ltr bucket and the mm30 dont that before for a small extension just put the render bath in the back and fill that up or knock up in that with the mm30

i have not owned a van for 20 years. 4x2 pickup trucks. we load the truck from our lockup each day with our needs.tools and materials,under the tarp. we cut down 3 scaffolding boards so that we can get a good load of 8x4 on top of the buck. easy to load a mixer onto and will carry a tonne and a quarter of sand. we have a mazda b2500. my brother and my sons have vans and all they carry is a load of old crap. trying to put 8x4 on the roof looks to me a total muddle

Always liked vans, loved the sprinter back when I was at school and I wanted one! Got myself MWB Sprinter as my first van when passed my test and five years later stepped up to the LWB with all the goodies of course.
I couldn't live with a MWB now, let alone anything smaller! I like fast cars, very nearly spent a big wedge on a 911 back in march, but thought better of it as we really need to move house this year. So for now my van is still my pride and joy.

i have not owned a van for 20 years. 4x2 pickup trucks. we load the truck from our lockup each day with our needs.tools and materials,under the tarp. we cut down 3 scaffolding boards so that we can get a good load of 8x4 on top of the buck. easy to load a mixer onto and will carry a tonne and a quarter of sand. we have a mazda b2500. my brother and my sons have vans and all they carry is a load of old crap. trying to put 8x4 on the roof looks to me a total muddle
That's the beauty of a van malc, you put your gear in the back, not on the roof!:RpS_biggrin:

suziki carry or bedford rascal is the way to go :RpS_thumbup: toyota hiace you cant go wrong :RpS_thumbsup: more of a medium sized van but will get you to the moon and back. i tried a small van a few years back. renault kangoo with a nice designer roofrack. but it didnt work out and we consciously uncoupled. its okay when everything is in its place but when you just throw everything in at the end of a bad day its a fcuking nightmare. go for the toyota, man. lwb is best. with bulkhead.

Just seems a lot of ballache. Strapping them down. Covering them incase it rains. I dont see the point when a van does it all ( i understand if you have kids and 1 motor or get mats supplied, but most of us dont) and i couldn't be arsed loading the van up everyday with different gear. I know unless its out of the ordinary ive got everything I need to get me through the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.